EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cheap phone calls to Egypt from the UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheap phone calls to Egypt from the UK
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.simplyring.co.uk/cheap-international-calls-price.php?country=Egypt

Just came across this site.

Never used this service, no idea how good it is.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate-england
Member # 14873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate-england     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody tried this website as it seems great prices if it does work?! It alot better than the £1.50 it costs me a minute to call to Egypt from the UK.

--------------------
Kate

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in Egypt I made my UK calls by skype. As I was on 'slow' internet, the first 2 minutes of any call sounded like I was talking through a sock... but my daughter got used to hearing it!!
When I got DSL it was just like a normal phone, and cheap!!! Wonderful!!!
I still use skype to call Egypt now.... cheapest way by far!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skype is the best.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antably
Member # 15755

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antably     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes skype is great
Posts: 51 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, just did a 1 hour call on Skype using my Etisalat usb modem thingie and it was great - one short disconnection before we got started, but then it held all through and quality was great.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From UK I call Egypt and many other countries across the world for much cheaper prices using the following service , the voice is very clear and never has disconnection, even I call USA mobile phones for half pence per minute using my BT line.

http://niftylist.co.uk/calls/countries/e/

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like skype because you can use it from anywhere... I used it in Vietnam and Cambodia recently to call the uk.
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skype is good to call UK , but not cheap to call other countries as Egypt , using nifty list can cost you 4-6 pence per min to call Egypt , while Skype will cost you 10-12 pence per min, also you need to be on PC to call Egypt , while by using the numbers on the nifty list you do not need any pc /internet conection
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate-england
Member # 14873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate-england     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called my friend in Egypt tonight using simply ring and it cost me £2.00 for 3 min as the connection failed a few times which cost me £0.50 every time.
i will definitly try a different one tomorrow

--------------------
Kate

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Kate-england:
I called my friend in Egypt tonight using simply ring and it cost me £2.00 for 3 min as the connection failed a few times which cost me £0.50 every time.
i will definitly try a different one tomorrow

Did you try asking them for a refund? Maybe they'll give you one!
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much do you pay for the etisalat service and is that 3G service.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
yes, just did a 1 hour call on Skype using my Etisalat usb modem thingie and it was great - one short disconnection before we got started, but then it held all through and quality was great.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate-england
Member # 14873

Rate Member
i dont think they will but i will definitly ask
:-D

--------------------
Kate

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by karim:
How much do you pay for the etisalat service and is that 3G service.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:

I pay 99LE for 1GB per month - yes 3G.
I actually did 6 hours on Skype that day in all, including 1 call of nearly 2 hours - and almost no disconnects.

I will have to upgrade my Etisalat to unlimited though - 6 hours of skype calls used something like 250MB + of my 1000MB monthly allowance [Frown]

Either that or summon up the energy to fight my TE Data connection and reconfigure my router [Frown]

queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is from just 6p a minute http://www.justcall.co.uk/country.asp?country=Egypt

--------------------
www.sierraresortnabq.co.uk

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MOONSTAR
Member # 15767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MOONSTAR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing thanks so much Queenie hopefully gone are the days of my £400 phone bills calling my boyfriend in Egypt. Used this last night it was brilliant and the line was really good. I think i love you now!!you'llsave me a fortune for more holidays in Luxor.
Posts: 46 | From: CHESTERFIELD | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
MOONSTAR: just call is expensive , I call mobiles in Egypt using the numbers on nifty list with great voice quality , this number for example cost 3 pence per min only: 0844 439 92 92
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got my phone bill for the last month... Ouch! That has made me learn the lesson never to phone egypt on my landline again. Heard lots of good things about skype, so I'll try that, but got to find a mic somewhere.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Kitty use numbers on niftylist site , you call land lines in Egypt for 5 pence for example using this number 0844 566 68 68 , I can not understand why people pay the same cost or more using PC, mic and Skype if they can do it for cheaper using thier home land line!!! SKYPE is good but not for calling many countries including Egypt
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use www.planetphonecards.com and have found them to be very good and cheap
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com