EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » To all ES muslims...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To all ES muslims...
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we're a few days into Ramadan....and the days are still very long..I know it's a lot tougher than winter when the days are shorter!
I just wondered how you're finding fasting....particularly any new muslims who are doing their first sawm??
I loved Ramadan in Egypt.... people trying their hardest to be nice to each other (not always easy as they couldn't have a cigarette all day!!)

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i cant fast, pout, but am enjoying doing all the extra studying lately.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
Well, i cant fast, pout, but am enjoying doing all the extra studying lately.

No you can't mystic... gotta stay strong.... eating for 2 and all that!!! [Wink]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah
Oh Allah, I have no money, but I have You. I am rich.
Oh Allah, I have no freedom, but I believe in You. I am free.
Oh Allah, I have no patience, but I read Your Quran. I am calm.
Oh Allah, I get no respect, but You listen to my dua. I am proud.
Oh Allah, I have no time, but I think of Jannah. I have forever.
Oh Allah, I have much time, but I look at Your Signs. I have today.
Oh Allah, I feel so weak, but I fast Ramadan. I am strong.
Oh Allah, I feel so tired, but I make dua. I open my eyes.
Oh Allah, I feel so dirty, but I repent to You. I am cleansed.
Oh Allah, I feel so depressed, but I remember you. I am at peace.
Oh Allah, I feel so lost, but I follow Your Commands. I am safe.
Oh Allah, nobody listens, but You never turn your back on me. I am grateful.
Oh Allah, my heart breaks, but I imagine meeting You. My heart finds rest.
Oh Allah, I cry every night, but I make wudu. I wash away my tears.
Oh Allah, I feel so alone, but I pray to You. I have everything.
Oh Allah, I feel so dead, but I think about Hajj. My heart beats again.
Oh Allah, I don't want this life, and I will die for You, only to live forever.

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.
"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." [Surah Ar R'ad 13:28]

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's beautiful Sharona! thanks for adding
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its my pleasure .

--------------------

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Sharona I agree with 7ayat... its lovely!!!
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first ramadan. The first day was very hard for me, but i am doing better each day. I do feel very good inside, cleansed and calm.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Dohasgirl.... fasting is hard for the first couple of days... but it gets easier as the month goes on... your body adjusts.
It's also a good way to lose weight....if you don't pig out too much in the evening.
Congratulations on your first ramadan.

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
First please note: Consult your health practitioner for confirmation that you are fit to fast, especially if you are taking prescription drugs, are diabetic, have heart & circulatory problems, epilepsy or you are breastfeeding or pregnant. The information provided is not intended as medical advice and I am not responsible for the decisions you make and the steps you take. It is my dearest wish that your fasting may be very special and profound in that you emerge feeling healthy, fit and renewed in mind and spirit. Fasting with a body that is disease-ridden or overloaded with toxins and the accumulated residues of dangerous medications and poorly digested food can result in a lot of discomfort and misery
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=307&CATE=6
go here and read thankyou .
And good health in your Ramadan .

--------------------

Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharona:
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.
"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." [Surah Ar R'ad 13:28]

hmmm find this stuff strange and very fanatic to say. Especially the last few lines.
Personally never said a prayer in my hole life or visited the church or mosque without a purpose like wedding or funeral. God sees inside my heart and will thereby know which person i am. He sees my everyday actions and behavior towards the nature he created and other humans. I think he will judge me on that on my final day, and not on how many strange manmade prayers i will read out and waste my precious short time here on earth.
But i do respect that others find that "mambo jambo" meaningfull as long as they dont harm themself or others with it.

Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe-at-work:
quote:
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.

hmmm find this stuff strange and very fanatic to say. Especially the last few lines.
Personally never said a prayer in my hole life or visited the church or mosque without a purpose like wedding or funeral. God sees inside my heart and will thereby know which person i am. He sees my everyday actions and behavior towards the nature he created and other humans. I think he will judge me on that on my final day, and not on how many strange manmade prayers i will read out and waste my precious short time here on earth.
But i do respect that others find that "mambo jambo" meaningfull as long as they dont harm themself or others with it.

Well i see it not as fanatic and i am not a fanatic at all so i take it quite offensive that i would put something here to cause rudeness i feel somewhere you may want to pick some kind of arugument or are you pondering on something more but anyway its not meant to cause harm and anything to do with Allah should never be taken as offence its only the ones that want to see the worst side in it that could take it as a unmeaningful attack . I said my peace carry it on as you wish .

The last sentance is that you should fine peace with Allah be it Jehovah or Krishna or anything else from the book or if your not a believer you use your own name .Cannot see no problem with that [Big Grin]

Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Uh,,How Respectful!!
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"mumbo jumbo" [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila:
"mumbo jumbo" [Wink]

Yes that is the correct way the other way
Mambo Jambo means dance to hello >)
Hey mambo, mambo Italiano hey hey mambo mambo Italiano [Smile]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.

Yeah but you've got absoloutly no problem in wasting your "precious short time on earth" calling other people's faith "mambo jambo"! I guess your time on earth is not that precious when it comes to insults huh?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] Its Ramzan lets not try to back bite we in our blessed month and shame on me too for giving something back too .
We should all learn to get on and try to understand each other and learn too from each other so we can try to level out understanding and faith together without gaps .

--------------------

Tibe-at-work
Member # 14907

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe-at-work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
quote:
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.

Yeah but you've got absoloutly no problem in wasting your "precious short time on earth" calling other people's faith "mambo jambo"! I guess your time on earth is not that precious when it comes to insults huh?
Ramadan karim.

Its not the faith that is "mambo jambo"- its all the manmade things that comes with it.

"All i need is Allah" - do you really think Allah gave you the ability to feel love if he should be the only one you need?? What with kids, family, husbands/wifes and friends??? If Allah wanted blind and dumb followers that never uses their godgiven capacity to questions things, - then he would have made sheep the superior race on this planet!!!!!!!

"All i have is Allah" - NO, i have my kids, my husband, my family, my good life and i THANK ALLAH FOR THAT EVERYDAY.

Posts: 281 | From: Denmark | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
So who do you put firts in your heart Allah or the family or him after .
Because without him none of this would have been possible .
Or if you go for the big ban theory ,what gets me when Muslims question their own faith do you not beleive what the Quran tells you .

--------------------

egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharona ... after marrying during ramadam and seeing the way my muslim husband took his religion i do agree.... lets not argue over what they believe, this is not a religion for jokers.

During my two weeks in Egypt i have listened and learned and now im back in the Uk im down and unhappy... Ramadam taught me lots and if you asked me to explain why i realy cant....

Perhaps someone can!!!

Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
I do not get you ,you married within Ramadan !!
As i say Allah is knowing of all he is they key for you to find this if not then your going off balance somewhere without Allah you cannot have Islam he is the holder and the almighty and they key with out any of this there is no Islam and Ramdan .
I find this letter please read it thankyou :
I walked home from taraweeh prayers. A light drizzle had began and the breeze that accompanied it was welcomed compared to heat I felt earlier. Left alone with my thoughts to ponder my day and my actions, a realization hit. I felt a feeling of calmness, of serenity. I finally knew exactly why I loved Ramadan.

Sure I loved seeing the masjid filled to capacity and people realizing we had a larger community than was thought. But what I loved more than anything was being able to worship Allah (swt) and be conscious of him throughout the day. It had brought my attention to the inner peace I felt only when my actions and my intentions where in alignment. I loved the feeling of khushoo (humility) that I experienced in my prayers.

"I love that in Ramadan accommodations are made and changes occur to schedules so that more time is devoted to fulfilling Allah’s commands and staying away from everything that He forbade. I love that we not only increase our worship on an individual level but also as a community begin to full-fill the rights of others. The sick are visited, the homeless are fed and gatherings in which Allah is remembered increase. I love that in Ramadan I am able to overcome weaknesses and develop habits that are good for me.

For the gift of this blessed month, I am forever grateful. May the lessons and values and habits that are apparent in Ramadan, be as apparent to us throughout the year. May Allah (swt) guide us all! Ameen."
What beautiful words and meanings of what she has wrote and all of it is down to Allah and you finding fulmilment this is what you must mean but you cannot exsplain and this is understood .
And tell mey why you feel that someone wants to argue with you no one does its a meer discussion .
Good day to you sister .

tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Read this please ,

You are the light of our eyes.
Without you we are like orphans,
somehow scared and heartbroken.
Now we seek condolence in roses;
we see you in their beauty
and feel your smell in
their sweet scent.
To read more go to the link .
http://www.geocities.com/ahlulbayt14/mysoul.html

--------------------

Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone as there opinions but yours are just abusive
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
quote:
I read this in Ramadan
Oh Allah

All I have is Allah,
All I need is Allah.

Ramadan karim.

Its not the faith that is "mambo jambo"- its all the manmade things that comes with it.

"All i need is Allah" - do you really think Allah gave you the ability to feel love if he should be the only one you need?? What with kids, family, husbands/wifes and friends??? If Allah wanted blind and dumb followers that never uses their godgiven capacity to questions things, - then he would have made sheep the superior race on this planet!!!!!!!

"All i have is Allah" - NO, i have my kids, my husband, my family, my good life and i THANK ALLAH FOR THAT EVERYDAY.

The fact that I felt you were rude because you called our faith mumbo jumbo in the middle of a peacful thread about fasting does NOT mean that I don't question. You'd be surprised at how much I question and how much I'v delved into other religions and spiritual paths. I bet I read more about the world religions than you did about Islam or Christianity.

Your behaviour is rude regardless of faith. You don't need to have a religion to know that it's not nice to call someone's prayer mambo jumbo. There are other threads where people debate but this was just a thread where we were all sharing our experiences with fasting. Your comment was insensitive.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com