EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » First day at School- An adevnture and a half!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First day at School- An adevnture and a half!
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saga begins... Kids enrolld at school in Al rehab.
Told that they could start on Sunday 21st Sept, even went in to check on the Staurday and drop more paper work off.
So, saga begins……..go to school on Saturday to drop of paper work. Confirmed that kids start school on Sunday… yip all ok.

Get everyone excited about going to school, making new friends, teachers etc, Kids are all up for it.

Get up at 6am Sunday morning, get kids ready for school, pack ups etc…Get them to school for 7.30am.

Only to be told… he starts Monday and can you bring her to start Tuesday…. They were so disappointed…. So of course you can imagine, getting them to school today, Monday morning… he did not want to go on his own etc… about to crack, but eventually he went.

The school morning begins with all the kids lining up… only then to sing the Egypt national anthem, then all doing a few exercises on mass, with my son looking at me and I could tell what he was thinking “Mum what the hell am I doing here”” at this point I left him and laughed all the way home!

All the while with dsughter in the back of the car, saying, do I have to do that tomorrow mum! My reply was “watch and learn”!

Arrived next day to drop off both kids...could not find which class daughter was to be in... by this time she was distraught as we had practised the exercises and national anthem the night before [Wink] .
Eventually a lovely lady took pity on me helped me find my daughters class, dropped her and ran. Hoping that they would both be ok.
Picked up at 1.30pm only to find that they both loved the school and thought it was great fun and had 6 teachers each, for different lesssons, I was confused to the hilt, but at least I have 2 happy kids who are quite willing to go to school, after coming from the UK......hopefully it will continue!

PS: has to buy a load of books today as they are worried they might be told off tomorrow for not having them!

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely story Malak
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha great story malak, gotta love the 1st day at school stories but in another country it must be even more scary starting a new school in a new country. Glad they settled in ok, gives me faith that my sophie will settle in when we come back in january.
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am also happy that both of your children had such a fantastic start in that new school.

But why are the Egyptian schools starting so late? I know that some international schools there already started giving lessons several weeks ago.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As its ramadan the majority of schools started back this week,one week to settle in then off for Eid next week, then back in full swing 8am -3pm each day.
Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ummdean
Member # 12290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ummdean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Malak,
Nice to hear your kids are at school in Rehab. Which school did you put them in and how old are they? Its just that I am from the uk and hoped to be in Rehab by now. My son is 12.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Hi
My Boy is 9 and girl is 6 and they are going to the new futures language school Usman in section 5 of Al Rehab.
Luckliy my son knew some of the boys in his class as he goes to the football club at Al Rehab club, so at least he knew some faces. Alot of homework, lots of different copy books to buy for different teachers and lessons, but hopefully all this will settle down over the next 2 months....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com