EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Land Registry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Land Registry
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am researching info regarding registering property here in Cairo.

However, most sites only inform me that property is to be registered but I cannot find a site that details the processes and requirements.

Do any expats here have experience in this area.

I know the costings and I know it is a lengthy process but I am interested to learn more about the 'union of owners system' or other such info that would be beneficial.

Please don't just send me links to websites, I can find those myself, I just need to get advice from people who have been there and done that.

If you do not wish people to read your experiences for whatever reason then please PM me [Smile]

I am a little confused you see as our lawyer has sent us some info that conflicts with the information available online.

Ta [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
publicly displayed
Member # 15908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for publicly displayed         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:

Please don't just send me links to websites, I can find those myself, I just need to get advice from people who have been there and done that.

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-queations-answers-egyptian-lawyer.html

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I will register on that forum and ask my question over there...
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 ways Lady F

1) If you have bought land to build on you go to the local council where the original owner has already registered it and go with him and simply transfer the land to your name. You dont need a lawyer, but you will need someone honest to go with you who apeaks arabic.

2) If you are buying a part of a building already built, this will already be registered with the local council.
You just as before go with the owner of the property and transfer the property to your name.

If the original owner has sold part of the block and to someone else and transferred it over to the new owner at the council office, you go with the new owner because in the council office it will have him as the owner and not the original owner.

For Gods sake make sure that the lawyer you appoint is reputable Lady. Lawyers can be bought for a price to [Wink]

Your best bet would be to if you dont know the lawyer WELL. Is to do it with an honest Egyptian friend who can go with you to the council office and look up if it is indeed registered and exactly who the owner is.

Good luck [Smile]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lawyer took me and Mr PC to the offices and took us to all departments to complete the paper work.

He knew exactly what he was doing. The guy behind the desk insisted that Mr PC translate the documents verbally to me in front of him (he threatened jail) if he did not do it properly.. [Big Grin]

It took the best part of the day....but you do need a good lawyer.... [Smile]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com