EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 6th Oct - new El Taweed & El Nour store opening!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6th Oct - new El Taweed & El Nour store opening!
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just went passed this evening...
brand new store - they've been building it for the past few weeks and tonight it has got the signs up, mountains of stock outside and zillions of guys running around stocking shelves, carting boxes in and so on....

I'm estimating 2-3 days til opening ...

Its down University Street, bout 5 mins walk down from Hosary, on the Khaer Zaman side of the road.

They do a wide range of household goods, clothing for adults and kids and so on, prices reasonable, quality 'Egyptian' - branches all over Cairo (waving at Malak [Wink] )

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their multitude of mega stores are of Islamic formulaic, in case of a white unveiled Shanta they'll appreciate a 'salamu 3aleykom' as you walk in, when you pay and when you collect your stuff then again when you walk out, they've got tons of cheap clothing, but the models and color matchings are of typical local Egyptian taste, polyester is in everything you can think of and sizes rarely tell the truth, so make sure you've tried your stuff before purchase. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL thanks DZ have shopped in a couple of their stores before esp. the one in Shehab St, Mohandseen [Big Grin] and Malak introduced me to the Shubra store.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got a mini one in Zamalek opposite mobil oil gas station on 26th July st. [Smile]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I didn't notice it when I was up there - maybe that's because its mini [Wink]
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have some nice basic stuff although most of them not to my taste; clothes and so on [Razz] Bought some cooking stuff like Pyrex etc.
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I bought a rectangular washing up bowl last time I went - a couple of weeks ago - couldn't find one in anywhere like Hyper1 or Carrefour and needed it to make my life complete [Wink]

Shanta 'Desperate Housewife' Qadeema

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Bought an 'adidos' track suit to sleep in, all polyester excellent on cold winter nights, yellow on mauve. [Big Grin]
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Bought an 'adidos' track suit to sleep in, all polyester excellent on cold winter nights, yellow on mauve. [Big Grin]

me too [Big Grin]

mine is Nuke brand with a backwards tick in mustard yellow and shocking pink with lime green piping in 5 stripes down the legs

Latest thing in Cairo for the ultra hip trendsetting fashionista's Spring 2009 apparently
[Wink]

Shanta I bought 2.
You can borrow one if you like to do your housework in [Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Check out the new winter collection of Great Wall, White Dove, Heng Fu, and Xu Fien anoraks microfibre-like finish double faced with removable fur collars, sleeve cuffs and hood with all bronze zipper, latest color fashion grey on brown, mustard yellow on fluorescent green, turquoise on brown, A MUST SEE. [Razz]
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Check out the new winter collection of Great Wall, White Dove, Heng Fu, and Xu Fien anoraks microfibre-like finish double faced with removable fur collars, sleeve cuffs and hood with all bronze zipper, latest color fashion grey on brown, mustard yellow on fluorescent green, turquoise on brown, A MUST SEE. [Razz]

will it go do you think with my new boots
or do you think it might clash [Confused]

my new boots

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
ROFL...couldn't be more sober, good for interviews if you're looking for a new job. [Big Grin]
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[OOHHHH My idea of heaven... I love that store... searching out wierd and wonderful things... they do a great lemon squezzer.. Itneen Guinea! I will be over to suss your one out Shanta!
Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can just see ya, climbing on board a microbus with those there boots on ya....
please...let me get my camera first !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
can just see ya, climbing on board a microbus with those there boots on ya....
please...let me get my camera first !

I can get you a pair Jean but they have only gold lame colour left in the shop size 10.

Let me know

[Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com