EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Slow internet? How to check your Facebook and Yahoo email

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slow internet? How to check your Facebook and Yahoo email
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok,
what with the major internet outage and dial-up speed internet I have dug out a couple of URLs that are used for mobile phone computing BUT can equally be used on your internet:

Facebook: m.facebook.com

Yahoo: m.yahoo.com

They are both very plain no fancy crap but me personally I prefer it! Especially the Facebook which normally loads megatons of crap whenever you go on it!!!

Trying to find one that works for hotmail at the mo... shall keep you posted... (inshallah if I can get online [Big Grin] )

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To access your hotmail more easily:

mobile.live.com

This interface is not as quick as the m. access to yahoo or facebook, but is faster than the normal 'Windows Live' method.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

If you need to 'chat' then

WINDOWS MESSENGER

NB NB NOT WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER

is a tenacious little program which can cope with crap internet connections a lot better than WLM or Yahoo.

You might have to dig around in your Accessories programmes to find it. If you normally chat on WLM, then it should load up your contacts. It lacks fancy pants features of WLM but if you want to have a conversation its fine.

You can't nudge or send 'offlines' though.

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing you can do is turn off image loading in your browser.

In mozilla/firefox it's under preferences-> privacy. In IE it's under preferences -> Advanced -> Show images

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Ford on mine - Firefox 3 - turn off image loading is under:

Tools / Options / Content

Access is now intermittent. It was on for 2 or 3 hours earlier, then went off again completely and is back on again now.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

By the way, I'm using the Etisalat network for my connection - it may vary between providers as to what access you can / can't get.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com