EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I HAVE LOST ONE OF MY MOBILES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I HAVE LOST ONE OF MY MOBILES
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who knows me - I have lost my Etisalat mobile - this is the one starting 0113322** so please use my vodaphone 0109**** phone to contact me if you have the number otherwise PM/Email me!

I was being a bit chaotic with my bags on the bus tonight and I think it slipped out - I felt something slip but didn't think it was that. Unfortunately it is in Silent mode so noone will hear it ringing (tried ringing it and its either been switched off or out of signal range).

Over 70LE credit on it too [Frown]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK whoever has my phone is using it so please accept my apologies if you think I'm calling you in the middle of the night! Its not me, honest!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you call him back or something to try and get it back ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes - I have a feeling its the woman who was next to me on the bus but she doesn't understand me. I have someone on the case but I've a feeling that I need an arabic speaker to call from my phone before she'll answer. (if it is the woman off the bus who found it then we had exchanged phone numbers - on that phone - so she knows my name).

I've just spent half an hour copying all the numbers off my vodafone into a word file just in case. Thank goodness it wasn't that phone that got lost! Most of the numbers on the etisalat phone I also had on the vodafone. Just a few I think I've lost!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SQ..sorry to hear of your mob.loss, be more careful next time, here's a hint for everybody to know in case you want to disable your stolen mobile :

1-Check your mobile's serial number by doing *#06# you'll get a 15 digit number that's unique to your set, write it down and save it somewhere safe.
2-Call your service provider and give them the code, ask them to block your stolen sim card and set.
Now that the set has been blocked, even if the sim card is replaced by the person who's stolen your mobile it won't work, it became a worthless peice of sh*t, and they can stick it up their..well you know. [Mad]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Problem is, I just tried calling them, and despite having the receipt and all from when I bought it, and despite them taking a copy of my passport etc, they have singularly failed to add the passport number to my account so I have to go to a shop with my passport now to prove I'm me [Frown]
They asked me to tell them 3 numbers I'd called in the last month but as all the numbers are on the stolen phone, I haven't a clue! Reception in my flat is so crap that I was outside, and to get the numbers of my computer I would have had to come back in and used up all my credit on the other phone which I can't afford to do today because some logistics are going on here and I need my credit!!!
Oh well at the end of the day I've lost about 70LE (unless the person doesn't take advantage of the credit before I can get to one of their big shops to cancel it) and a crappy handset I was thinking of changing anyway. Handsets gone already because she's called one of my friends and told them she found just the SIM.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Main learning point is: keep a list of all the contact numbers somewhere else not just on your phone - I think there's only 2 or 3 I don't have elsewhere (that I care about).
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't call me I don't think, I called you, and then there's Amr, do you need one more person ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

There's only one person I know for sure I called from the Etisalat!

I'll go to the shop Sunday I guess and see what's what.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] SQ

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh!!!

I don't think you called me either.

Maybe your handset will be on the Antiques Roadshow next week [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they called me in the middle of the night, 2 times and then i called them back and got a womans voice, but she dont speak english.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my husbands father was dying in hospital my husbands phone line no, was taken by another women i kept ringing at one point got her husband i rang home in the end not one of my sils or mum could talk english so that was hard so i emailed and waited for him to go to a internet cafe he rang from a card phone and told me this happens a lot on egypt they get the line .Anyway he rang the head office and it got solved does anyone know why this happens i know of cross lines here in this country and phone tapping but not sell someone elses line on .
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

OK Everyone.

I have decided that as the handset is 'gone' and as the credit is probably now down to 10-20LE, its really not worth anymore hassle on anyone's part.

If the woman rings anyone, please tell her 'keep it as a wedding gift'

I'll just have to take more care in future.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta I know how you feel..... I had my cellphone snatched from me when I lived in Hurghada... I was completely lost, because my key was attached to it...... couldn't even ring my flatmate to let me in..... didn't have anyone's number written down..... was a horrible situation..... it wasn't even a particularly expensive phone!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In one thread you talk about hundreds of thousands of .....some currency, who knows what. And now you're crying over a phone and 70 LE [Big Grin]
Good one.....

Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

on second thoughts I've deleted my reply to you, don't see why I should explain myself to you.
xxx
Member # 8622

But I've already read it. Too late to take it back.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta is a cool Chiquita, I am sorry you lost your phone babe.

With a name like XXX, just don't even bother responding to her.

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol@CairoStudent
Happy New Year everyone [Smile] why are you up so early? seemes you didnt party last night CS

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy New Year

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:

With a name like XXX, just don't even bother responding to her.

Him.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com