EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Boycott Starbucks to save Palestinians.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boycott Starbucks to save Palestinians.
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The head of Starbucks, Howard Shultz is an active Zionist and has been recognized by the government of Israel as key for promoting the alliance between the United States and Israel. It has been reported that a percentage of Starbucks profits go directly to the Israeli government. Palestinians as well as their Arab brethren are killed and harassed daily by the Israeli government for no reason other than ethnicity; buying from Starbucks directly implicates customers with the crimes of the Israeli government.

Several new Starbucks branches have recently opened in Egypt and the Arab world. By buying from Starbucks, the Arab people are hastening the occupation of their own land, as the Zionist goal is to conquer the land “from the Nile to the Euphrates.”

The existence of Starbucks on Arab soil is a blatant sign of the absurdity of a nation which pays for the murder of their people and occupation of their soil.

If you cannot do anything to help lessen the suffering of others that is unfortunate – but it would be a crime to support the murder of any group of people, regardless of ethnicity or religion.

Now there r 8 branches of STARBUCKS coffee shop in Egypt:

1 . Alexandria --Alexandria City Center
Alex - Cairo Desert Road

2 . Alexandria --San Stefano
Cornich Street

3 . Cairo --Cairo Airport T1Transit Zone
Cairo Airport

4 . Cairo --City Center Makram Ebeed
Makram Ebeed Sreet

5 . Cairo --City Stars Mall 1
Alnasser Street

6 . Cairo --City Stars Mall 2
Alnasser Street

7 . Cairo --Palmera Heliopolis
Al Ahram Street

8 . Sharm el Sheikh --Sanafeer Naama Bay
Sharm el Sheikh Road

9. carrefour

We need ur help 2 stop this number 4rom increasing so r u willing 2 help and make a change ..... tell ALL ur friends and relatives and invite them 2 the group and save innocent Palestinians lives

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=5619048975&ref=nf

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of other companies based mainly in the US who are staunch Israel supporters. Here is a website listing them:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-brands.html

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm, I used to meet up with a Palestinian at a Starbucks here in Dallas to study Arabic . . . I wonder if he knew???

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Boycott Starbucks to save Palestinians."

Rubbish. Boycotts don't work. Kill Mubarak to save the Palestinians (and the Arabs).

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been boycotting Starbucks for years.... they're too expensive!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
There are a lot of other companies based mainly in the US who are staunch Israel supporters. Here is a website listing them:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-brands.html

Yeah yeah Toots just posted the same website a week ago.

Can we boycott the Chinese too while we are at it???

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

Icon 14 posted      Profile for xxx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by binhaden:
Kill Mubarak to save the Palestinians (and the Arabs).

[Cool]
Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Rubbish. Boycotts don't work. Kill Mubarak to save the Palestinians (and the Arabs).

Ah I guess that's what you call 'house cleaning' among the Arabs on your other post. [Roll Eyes]

This scenario would be bad for the Egyptian people.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The once mighty Egyptian people have been reduced to nothing. The builders of the pyramids are now impotent in every way possible.

Mubarak is bad for the Egyptian people.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a positive action rather than a negative one.

Buying Palestinian Olive Oil will help the Palestinian farmers and the economy

http://www.olivebrancholiveoil.com

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magdy_salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Big Grin]
Posts: 133 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What another TYPICAL STUPID POST! How will this help Palestine? Instead of saying send medical aid to palestine, instead of saying teach the children, ect.... you say BOYCOTT STARBUCKS....typical stupid mentality!

Do you know that Starbucks donates more than most arab countries do to IMPOVRISHED NATIONS IN AFRICA, do you know how many people in the world depend on starbucks work for life, i'm talking about Africans, ect....

So what if the guy ALSO supports Israel? He likes them and thats his CHOICE, but they SURE AS HELL DO HELP MANY OTHER PEOPLE!

STARBUCKS RULES!! i'm having a cup right now while donating money to ifamericansonlyknew.com to help the palestinians cause...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? you said boycott starbucks?? THEN WHAT...Yakhty 3leek, bravo you should get a medal ya khoya

Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magdy_salem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree it won't help Palestinians but it sure is too expensive to pay for anyway.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TAREK307:
What another TYPICAL STUPID POST! How will this help Palestine? Instead of saying send medical aid to palestine, instead of saying teach the children, ect.... you say BOYCOTT STARBUCKS....typical stupid mentality!

Actually it is not in any way stupid (can't say the same about you). The reason it does not work is that people, like you, don't care enough to do something as simple as boycott a coffee shop.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is full of stupid people.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxx
Member # 8622

quote:
Originally posted by Shisha-Master:
This thread is full of stupid people.

Apparently.
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xxx:
quote:

Actually it is not in any way stupid (can't say the same about you). The reason it does not work is that people, like you, don't care enough to do something as simple as boycott a coffee shop.
Ok mr Smart, tell me exactly how will this help? lets say all EGYPT boycotts it....and then what??? WAKE UP, this is STUPIDITY, STARBUCKS HELPS MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES LIKE I SAID! you wanna help palestine, donate, send aid, denounce Hamas, ect....
Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarek307
i dont see any stupid post here but yours and i think it only reflects your way of thinking!

I didn't say that this is the only way to save Palestinians, you can do anything else i suggested one thing and didnt say it is the only way!
I think we can do both, boycott starbucks and all the american fast food chains and at tne same time donate money or send medical aid to our brothers and sisters in Palestine!

From the way you are defending Starbucks, seems that you are working in Starbucks, maybe a waiter or something, but dont worry you will still find job elsewhere.

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magdy_salem
Member # 15728

Rate Member
I think everyone might be interested to read this on snopes.com, it says starbucks closed outlets in Israel because of moral reasons:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/israel/starbucks.asp

TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ??????????:
Tarek307
From the way you are defending Starbucks, seems that you are working in Starbucks, maybe a waiter or something, but dont worry you will still find job elsewhere.

looooool! funny! anyways i just see it as stupidity because i told you 10 TIMES they help many many children in Africa WAY MORE THAN ANY ARAB COUNTRY DOES! But this is the Typical Arab Mentality YOU DONT MIND SEEING PEOPLE DIE AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET THE LAST SHOT IN!

Thats exactly why we have groups like Hamas who will fight till the last drop of "palestinian" blood, even if those children wanna live and the people dont wanna die HAMAS will still INSTIGATE problems and talk BIG then in the end they can't protect their civilians...I said it 100 times ISRAEL IS AN AGGRESSOR and all this and we already KNOW this but its time we also look at the other side too!

As for Starbucks, I LOVE IT, best coffee and you will never put a dent in their sales..If you wanna boycott USA products you need to boycott everything in your life until the Arab or Mid east world INVENTS a damn thing...Truth hurts, but ITS THE TRUTH, now get off the net because its also an American invention!

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'tis a man who speaks of truth. ^

Je salute toi. or something along those lines.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Tarek
i believe you are an Egyptian but are just trying hard to act and become western what you dont know they will always look at you as an Arab and coming from Arab country no matter how hard you tried to look or sound like them
They might talk to you nice and smile at your ugly face but at the end of the day they will laugh at you and call you a clown!
you are just trying hard to convince your self that you are one of them but no matter how long have you been abroad or living among them
you will always remain an Arab and an outsider to them, and they will respect a true Arab who stands to his values and defend his people and nation more than they will respect a loser like you
You are a clown, get lost.
This thread is for adults and people who really care for their nation and their people, not clowns like you and that other guy!

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

xxx
Member # 8622

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xxx:
quote:

Ok mr Smart, tell me exactly how will this help? lets say all EGYPT boycotts it....and then what??? WAKE UP, this is STUPIDITY, STARBUCKS HELPS MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES LIKE I SAID! you wanna help palestine, donate, send aid, denounce Hamas, ect....
How long has Hamas been in power and how long has Palestine been occupied?
Gaza
Member # 9121

Indonesia is doing tha same as Egypt
they are boycotting the american goods as well including starbucks

http://www.akhbarak.net/articleview.php?id=1240821

--------------------

TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Great for Indonesia..back to Egypt!

--------------------
MY BLOG
www.modernpharaoh.blogspot.com

http://www.myspace.com/tarek307

AOL,YAHOO,MSN TAREK307

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As for Starbucks, I LOVE IT, best coffee and you will never put a dent in their sales..If you wanna boycott USA products you need to boycott everything in your life until the Arab or Mid east world INVENTS a damn thing...Truth hurts, but ITS THE TRUTH, now get off the net because its also an American invention!

pmsl... good point.

Boycotting has no affect whatsover. At most it will result in people losing their jobs. Ok, so you are proving a point to yourself and others about your feelings but that is all really.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have boycotted Starbucks for years, not because of its Israeli connections [although the name says it all] but because a few years ago there was an initiative in Seattle for coffeee shops to donate 10 cents from every cup of coffee sold to help the homeless of Seattle.
Starbucks, was the ONLY outlet to refuse.

Boycotting has no affect whatsover
Sorry, but saying boycotts don't work flies in the face of simple economics and commerce.
And it sure makes you feel better. I was told once how many Pepsis you need to drink before you directly pay for an Israeli bullet.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You boycotted starbucks years ago then another conflict started. Nice move.

Simple economics and commerce will not miss your 20le a week. There are probably making more money now with all this advertising!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
.Truth hurts, but ITS THE TRUTH, now get off the net because its also an American invention! [/QB]

erm... wrong

web page

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do boycotts work?

web page

boycottwatch.org

some actual research evidence that they do:
web page

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think for a boycott to work it has to be en masse and I can assure you there are very few empty seats in Starbucks Korba and City Stars.

Like Mo said, he boycotted then years ago and they have gone from strength to strength!

Besides, if Starbucks shuts down do you really think this will bring peace???

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best strategy to end the increasingly bloody occupation is for Israel to become the target of the kind of global movement that put an end to apartheid in South Africa.

In July 2005 a huge coalition of Palestinian groups laid out plans to do just that. They called on "people of conscience all over the world to impose broad boycotts and implement divestment initiatives against Israel similar to those applied to South Africa in the apartheid era." The campaign Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions -- BDS for short -- was born.

Just about now, many a proud Zionist is gearing up for major point-scoring: don't I know that many of those very high-tech toys come from Israeli research parks, world leaders in infotech? True enough, but not all of them. Several days into Israel's Gaza assault, Richard Ramsey, the managing director of a British telecom specializing in voice-over-internet services, sent an email to the Israeli tech firm MobileMax. "As a result of the Israeli government action in the last few days we will no longer be in a position to consider doing business with yourself or any other Israeli company."

Ramsey says that his decision wasn't political; he just didn't want to lose customers. "We can't afford to lose any of our clients," he explains, "so it was purely commercially defensive."

It was this kind of cold business calculation that led many companies to pull out of South Africa two decades ago. And it's precisely the kind of calculation that is our most realistic hope of bringing justice, so long denied, to Palestine

Please don't HELP them.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

The big construction conglomerates were rubbing their hands in glee at the contracts to rebuild Iraq they thought they would be getting at the end of the war. I was told this personally by a high-up in one of these companies.
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The British firm FreedomCall has called off its potential business dealings with Israeli technology firm MobileMax, explaining via e-mail that because of the Israeli government's actions in recent days - Operation Cast Lead - it will not consider business relations with any Israeli company. The e-mail, signed by CEO Richard Ramsey, explains that the company takes a pragmatic view regarding its business partners and as suppliers to the Middle East, it would be damaged if it used MobileMax's product. FreedomCall supplies voice-over-broadband, or Internet telephony, services and had been looking at MobileMax's product as a way to lower the cost of cellular communications.

Standing Ovation [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How you can boycott using your computer.

1) When you need to replace your computer do NOT buy one with Israeli Intel Pentium logo or sticker.
Buy one with an AMD processor.

Choose an AMD computer or laptop. You will see if it is or not because it will carry the Microsoft Windows and the Intel Logo. If it does choose another.
This will also save you hundreds of pounds as you will not be paying for the Microsoft Operating System ie Windows XP or Vista, and the Microsoft Office Suite bundled with it.

Instead buy a basic AMD computer with no OS loaded and then load the free Linux operating system.

Result.

You save money.
You do not buy Israeli Microsoft product.
Your new OS is free and so is the Office suite exactly the same as the Microsoft one.
Your computer is much more secure from hackers as hackers concentrate only on Microsoft.
Linux rarely gets virus's.
The desktop is virtually the same as Microsoft, it has far more FREE applications and updates.

In practice it is just the same as Microsoft for users.
Dont be fooled by them into thinking that you have to have Microsoft Windows and Intel Pentium.
You DONT [Wink]

Israeli grip loosened

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
'The decision last month by the EU council to upgrade relations with Israel, without any specific conditions on human rights, has encouraged further Israeli aggression. The time for appeasing Israel is long past. As a first step, Britain must withdraw the British ambassador to Israel and, as with apartheid South Africa, embark on a programme of boycott, divestment and sanctions.
Ben Birnberg, Prof Haim Bresheeth, Deborah Fink, Bella Freud, Tony Greenstein, Abe Hayeem, Prof Adah Kay, Yehudit Keshet, Dr Les Levidow, Prof Yosefa Loshitzky, Prof Moshe Machover, Miriam Margolyes, Prof Jonathan Rosenhead and 65 others'

EVEN JEWS are calling for sanctions.

What can we do to help the Palestinians?
Sure a little thing like foregoing a latte is not too much is it?

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Even before the military campaign commenced, 75 percent of Gaza’s children were malnourished, 46 percent anemic and 30 percent suffered from stunted growth.

Tarek, you are helping to pay the perpetrators of this outrage every time you buy a Starbucks coffee.
Enjoy.

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering. Instead of just Boycotting Starbucks here in Egypt, what about demonstrating outside their stores, with signs.

I wonder how many Egyptians are aware of Starbucks history. Maybe it would be better to picket them with signs to educate it's customers.

Just a thought.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
picketing is great, but as foreigners we are all to scared of losing our visas.
[Frown]
I DO however explain to people in coffee shops etc why I won't drink Papsi or Coke.
pitiful I know.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been Boycotting Starbucks for years. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

I think what needs to happen is boycotting in the EU and the USA. Then the folk here will see it on Al Jaz and hopefully follow suit.
Picketing is great but not here I'm afraid. [Roll Eyes]

Spend your money in home grown Cilantro

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reading that the Nestle company, who manufactures NESCAFE can be added to the list,
along with Carrefour (Bernard Arnault). My god, do their evil tentacles escape anything?

My husband is a Palestinian Refugee. Where would he go if they kicked him out, HIS STOLEN LAND IN PALESTINE? The irony of it all.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com