EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Registered property

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Registered property
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the registered property paper normally show the value of the property?

I was shown one today by an Egyptian, he had bought from an Egyptian and it didn't. He says that when you go to put the registration in the new name, they ask you if you want to put the value there but Egyptians don't normally bother.

Is this true?

If its not on the paper how do they know how much tax to pay?

(Before everyone jumps in - don't worry - am not buying, just asking questions).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta,

this is exactly what Hazem has said.

The government handed over this portion of land for development to the Company. It was given as special land in the desert for residential development. No where has it been registered. The company when the development is finished go to the Government and it is checked to make sure that what they said it was intended to be used for is in fact what it was used for. Then the government register it as a compound with the council as a compound, a new development using new desert land.
Once that is done and it becomes registerable for residents, we will be notified of the handover and then we register our property, and then according to the value of it pay the taxes.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a 'Medhat Barakat' in the midst of all that ???!! [Eek!]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's one of those DZ??? I tried putting it into arabic and sticking in google translate with no luck!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Those' isn't but a person named MB accused of fraud for having sold land to investors without having a permission to build anything on it, the land was meant to be used as agricultural land and not turned into a compound..he was jailed and the land's ownership to the people (his victims)suspended till the court case against him ends,this could take years and all depends on the Egyptian juridistic system's efficiency, he's supposed to be released on bail if he can raise 5 million EGP.
Anyone with land from this guy has to wait till the final decision is taken..either get a refund or loose everything. [Frown]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

No - I hope! Intours is the company who developed ours.

Eng. Mohamed Sheta - Chairman

Mr. Khaled Sheta - Vice-Chairman

Eng. Amr I. Abdel Azim - Managing Director

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta, when we bought our property, our registration documents did not have the property value recorded on it.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
SQ I'm not saying yours isn't legitimate, however others have had mishaps, so..good luck anyway. [Wink]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

So SB - when you paid the tax on it - where did the tax office get the taxable value from?
johnS
Member # 17442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some land in a development called El-Reef El-Oropi on the Cairo Alex desert road which was bought by my father. He has sinced passed away. we have some agricultural land with a villa. Did my father buy the land off Medhat Barakat? I wish to sell the land, will this be possible considering all the legal issues with the land now. Any help would be greatfully apreciated.
Posts: 1 | From: london | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by johnS:
I have some land in a development called El-Reef El-Oropi on the Cairo Alex desert road which was bought by my father. He has sinced passed away. we have some agricultural land with a villa. Did my father buy the land off Medhat Barakat? I wish to sell the land, will this be possible considering all the legal issues with the land now. Any help would be greatfully apreciated.

How would any one apart from you know if your late dad bought the farm from MB?? [Big Grin] ,if you need any legal help,then PM me and tell me the exact details.Cheers!
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com