EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Gaza 2 things I didn't know till yesterday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gaza 2 things I didn't know till yesterday
Member # 14248

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will only make sense to the people who know 6th October City.

The entire Gaza Strip is the same area size in sq Km as Dreamland up the Wahat to the Industrial Zone, then out across to the Mehwar and half of Sheikh Zayid City down to Hyperone in a square.

Imagine the folk of 6th October City, fenced in with no escape and being surrounded air, sea, and land being hit by shells, phosphorus and sniper fire. [Frown]

Second

Israeli's invaded Sinai and occupied it in 1967. They killed the captured Egyptian soldiers by running over them with tanks.

Up to 1970 they attacked schools, ( famous one is Bahr al Baqar Primary school Massacre. The attack was carried out by Israeli airforce F4 Phantom II fighter bombers, at 9.20 am on Wednesday 8th April, 1970 when the children would be sitting down to class. Five bombs and 2 air-to-ground missiles struck the single-floor school, which consisted of 3 classrooms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahr_el_Bakar) amongst many others, they attacked a prison , factories ( massacre of Abu Za'abel factory 12th Feb 1970 killed 70 workmen and injured 69, some maimed for life),ANYONE HERE SEEING SIMILARITIES? [Roll Eyes]

just 2 of the targets that rained down on the people of Egypt in those 3 years, till Egypt built the Rocket Wall from Port Said in the North to the South of Cairo and was able to shoot at their aircrafts. The Israeli's then ASKED!!! for a truce!!
Egypt accepted the truce because Egypt needed time to build up the Egyptian army.

In 1973 we launched the war of 6th of October.

The American's then opened their warehouses in the USA to Israel and transferred their weapons to Sinai to the Israeli forces because Israel lost so much in the first 3 days of the war and were about to be defeated completely.

The US gave the Israeli's satellite pictures of the Egyptian army to target and warned Sadat that if they continued to fight Israel and to re take Sinai then the USA would enter the war to support Israel.
Five years of negotiation took place in the USA and Sadat found himself alone against the USA and Israel and he had to accept the Camp David Terms ( note the name David!! Star of David).

Some of these terms were.

Egypt cannot put any type of military in it's OWN land of Sinai.

No military airports to be built in Sinai.

Only 750 police ( shurta ) to be allowed to patrol the the entire border with Israel including Rafah carrying no more than handgun or rifle.

USA stopped any kind of weapon research centres in Egypt allowing ONLY American weapons factories under American licence and supervision to operate in Egypt.

Egypt is only allowed to buy defensive weapons, and only short range rockets.

In contrast Israel is allowed to have ANY type of weapon including NUCLEAR.

Egypt is not allowed to enter any type of NATO agreement or to instigate any NATO defence type treaty with any neighbouring countries.

These are just a few of the humiliating terms from the USA that Egypt had to bow down to to regain their OWN land of Sinai.

Only UN monitors are allowed on the Egypt side along with the shurta.

Israel is pushing for an International Force to be deployed in EGYPT side which the president refuses at the moment.
His 750 shurta policemen are all that he has to guard Rafah and the border from being entered and Palestinians entering illegally allowing Israel to push forward to take more of Gaza strip for themselves.

Israel on the other hand is allowed 'carte blanche' control of Gaza. No press, UN or EU monitors to report on blockades, sanctions or attacks on the Palestinians.
Air, sea and land forces are allowed to attack at any time the people of Gaza by Israel.

Israel controls the Gaza Strips international waters, supply routes, aid routes, who comes in and who goes out, food, gas, electricity and water supplies.

I was wondering why yesterday when we were driving through the Ismailia Rd on our way back to Cairo why the main Rd was almost completely covered by Military barracks, Air Force, Army, Commando Troops, Tank Regiments, aircraft landing strips and runways, it's entire length [Confused]

I realised as much as the news today is against the Presidency of Egypt, that in fact his hands are bound by the Peace Treaty that Sadat made in Camp David USA.
How his whole existence and our existence here in Egypt depends wholly on it's 'cowing down' to the USA and Israel.

Why a huge proportion of its income is spent on defence expenditure and upkeep of military establishments to prevent any future attacks from Israel, instead of building infrastructure.

Ismailia being so close to Sinai Governerate is now heavily fortified by Egyptian troops should the Israeli's decide to re take Sinai again.

[Frown]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you all know that only some details are being put on the public face of ES. [Smile]

For those interested there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, involving other members here which we don't really want put out in the public arena for obvious reasons.

There are some brilliant people here doing the most phenomenal behind the scenes work.

Members are only getting a glimpse from the threads posted.

God bless you all and remember!!

Clean out your inbox regularly and delete any sensitive and private info as soon as you read it.
[Cool]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ve traveled through 6th October city many times, almost weekly. I don’t really understand your point. There is whole lot bad **** going on in the rest of the world, more so then what is happing in Gaza. Why do you talk about this crap? Why do you even care, your Arab brothers and sisters don’t care. In fact there is not one Arab country that cares about the Palestine tribe! Egypt has more land then they know what to do with, why not give the Palestine a peace of it. The point is Arab’s don’t care! The surrounding Arab countries have the military power and resources to end this ass weeping. And what do they do, talk, talk and talk. Ask yourself, why do Arab’s choose not to get physically involved? Because they don’t care! So why should the rest of the world care! Hell’ the Iraqi’s and Afghanistan people are willing to take on the western nations, while the Arabs in the region sit on there ass and do what! Arab’s are nothing more then a bunch of women at a tea party. “Sheep”
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
I’ve traveled through 6th October city many times, almost weekly. I don’t really understand your point.

If I was to spend the next week explaining to you I still doubt you would 'GET THE POINT'
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks HH, I understand why not everything is being put on the face of ES, its because of mentality like this isnt it? [Wink] From those that would much rather sit on their arse and do fook all. [Cool]

quote:
I’ve traveled through 6th October city many times, almost weekly. I don’t really understand your point. There is whole lot bad **** going on in the rest of the world, more so then what is happing in Gaza. Why do you talk about this crap? Why do you even care, your Arab brothers and sisters don’t care. In fact there is not one Arab country that cares about the Palestine tribe! Egypt has more land then they know what to do with, why not give the Palestine a peace of it. The point is Arab’s don’t care! The surrounding Arab countries have the military power and resources to end this ass weeping. And what do they do, talk, talk and talk. Ask yourself, why do Arab’s choose not to get physically involved? Because they don’t care! So why should the rest of the world care! Hell’ the Iraqi’s and Afghanistan people are willing to take on the western nations, while the Arabs in the region sit on there ass and do what! Arab’s are nothing more then a bunch of women at a tea party. “Sheep”

Lets hope you're never in need, would hate to have to step over you with the rest who 'dont care'
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Thanks HH, I understand why not everything is being put on the face of ES, its because of mentality like this isnt it? [Wink] From those that would much rather sit on their arse and do fook all. [Cool]

quote:

Lets hope you're never in need, would hate to have to step over you with the rest who 'dont care'
coming from one of those phenomenal members [Cool]
Member # 14248

The Beach refugee camp (which was shelled by naval vessels Monday) has over 80,000 people living in less than one square kilometer.

[Frown]

cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said I don’t care. I said the Arab world does not care. Egyptians could easily open their boarders, homes and let the suffering Palatines in. Wonder why they choose not to.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because Israel has just about every government by the balls. Its not just a case of 'choose not to'

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

quote:
I never said I don’t care. I said the Arab world does not care. Egyptians could easily open their boarders, homes and let the suffering Palatines in. Wonder why they choose not to.

That expat is EXACTLY what Israel wants!!

don't you understand at all [Confused]

If they move out the Israeli's will take the strip!!
It will be lost forever!

that is why Palestinians don't want to become citizens of other countries. They have their OWN land!!

God almighty [Roll Eyes]

Also as Ayisha say's the USA and Israel have them by the balls.
Read up on Camp David Peace Treaty.

xxx
Member # 8622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The war wouldn't have happened if the Egyptian government was against it. Remember Egypt has had a hand in the blockade from the very beginning.
It is all about Palestinians electing the wrong Government (Hamas). The Egyptian government is worried of Hamas and its ties to the Muslim brotherhood. Israel, Egypt and the US among many who would never allow a fundamental government to succeed in the middle east.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hermione Heliotrope.:
This will only make sense to the people who know 6th October City.

The entire Gaza Strip is the same area size in sq Km as Dreamland up the Wahat to the Industrial Zone, then out across to the Mehwar and half of Sheikh Zayid City down to Hyperone in a square.

Imagine the folk of 6th October City, fenced in with no escape and being surrounded air, sea, and land being hit by shells, phosphorus and sniper fire. [Frown]

Second

Israeli's invaded Sinai and occupied it in 1967. They killed the captured Egyptian soldiers by running over them with tanks.

Up to 1970 they attacked schools, ( famous one is Bahr al Baqar Primary school Massacre. The attack was carried out by Israeli airforce F4 Phantom II fighter bombers, at 9.20 am on Wednesday 8th April, 1970 when the children would be sitting down to class. Five bombs and 2 air-to-ground missiles struck the single-floor school, which consisted of 3 classrooms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahr_el_Bakar) amongst many others, they attacked a prison , factories ( massacre of Abu Za'abel factory 12th Feb 1970 killed 70 workmen and injured 69, some maimed for life),ANYONE HERE SEEING SIMILARITIES? [Roll Eyes]

just 2 of the targets that rained down on the people of Egypt in those 3 years, till Egypt built the Rocket Wall from Port Said in the North to the South of Cairo and was able to shoot at their aircrafts. The Israeli's then ASKED!!! for a truce!!
Egypt accepted the truce because Egypt needed time to build up the Egyptian army.

In 1973 we launched the war of 6th of October.

The American's then opened their warehouses in the USA to Israel and transferred their weapons to Sinai to the Israeli forces because Israel lost so much in the first 3 days of the war and were about to be defeated completely.

The US gave the Israeli's satellite pictures of the Egyptian army to target and warned Sadat that if they continued to fight Israel and to re take Sinai then the USA would enter the war to support Israel.
Five years of negotiation took place in the USA and Sadat found himself alone against the USA and Israel and he had to accept the Camp David Terms ( note the name David!! Star of David).

Some of these terms were.

Egypt cannot put any type of military in it's OWN land of Sinai.

No military airports to be built in Sinai.

Only 750 police ( shurta ) to be allowed to patrol the the entire border with Israel including Rafah carrying no more than handgun or rifle.

USA stopped any kind of weapon research centres in Egypt allowing ONLY American weapons factories under American licence and supervision to operate in Egypt.

Egypt is only allowed to buy defensive weapons, and only short range rockets.

In contrast Israel is allowed to have ANY type of weapon including NUCLEAR.

Egypt is not allowed to enter any type of NATO agreement or to instigate any NATO defence type treaty with any neighbouring countries.

These are just a few of the humiliating terms from the USA that Egypt had to bow down to to regain their OWN land of Sinai.

Only UN monitors are allowed on the Egypt side along with the shurta.

Israel is pushing for an International Force to be deployed in EGYPT side which the president refuses at the moment.
His 750 shurta policemen are all that he has to guard Rafah and the border from being entered and Palestinians entering illegally allowing Israel to push forward to take more of Gaza strip for themselves.

Israel on the other hand is allowed 'carte blanche' control of Gaza. No press, UN or EU monitors to report on blockades, sanctions or attacks on the Palestinians.
Air, sea and land forces are allowed to attack at any time the people of Gaza by Israel.

Israel controls the Gaza Strips international waters, supply routes, aid routes, who comes in and who goes out, food, gas, electricity and water supplies.

I was wondering why yesterday when we were driving through the Ismailia Rd on our way back to Cairo why the main Rd was almost completely covered by Military barracks, Air Force, Army, Commando Troops, Tank Regiments, aircraft landing strips and runways, it's entire length [Confused]

I realised as much as the news today is against the Presidency of Egypt, that in fact his hands are bound by the Peace Treaty that Sadat made in Camp David USA.
How his whole existence and our existence here in Egypt depends wholly on it's 'cowing down' to the USA and Israel.

Why a huge proportion of its income is spent on defence expenditure and upkeep of military establishments to prevent any future attacks from Israel, instead of building infrastructure.

Ismailia being so close to Sinai Governerate is now heavily fortified by Egyptian troops should the Israeli's decide to re take Sinai again.

[Frown]

FYI
"President Dwight Eisenhower changed the name of the retreat to Camp David in honor of his grandson, David Eisenhower. Although he and his wife, Mamie, tended to use Camp David for private relaxation, Eisenhower held the first cabinet meeting ever to take place there. He also hosted British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan and Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev at Camp David."

It has nothing to do with the star of David.

Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com