EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Money Laundering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Money Laundering
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 10 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well having been plagued by a strange (unpleasant) smell for the last couple of days, I finally realised it was down to my money - for some reason every time I've been shopping in the past couple of days I have received mounds of 1LE, 50pst and 25pst notes.

So I am currently soaking 10LE worth in Oxybrite washing powder to see how successfully they clean up! And it doesn't smell in here anymore!

PS I was blaming the cat to start with!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beware...the money here ain't as "tough" as it is in other countries....lost a 20 that I forgot in a pocket of a pair of pants, then threw them in the washer..
Was shredded !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its ok JB I soaked it in a small bowl not the washing machine and laid all the notes out on a tea-towel - its nearly dry this morning [Big Grin]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does it smell nicer?!

[Smile]

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep
Gonna wash the next batch as soon as this lot is dry [Big Grin]

I would say that the 25pst notes are the most frail and need most careful handling if you choose to do this.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you're going to iron them before you take them out

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I would Ayisha but I still haven't got my ironing board yet - everytime I plan to get one from HyperOne they've not got any in.
I'm fed up of doing my little bit of ironing on a folded up tea-towel on the kitchen worktop - just isn't the same.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shanta ya silly woman, iron on the bed! All my ironing got done on the bed till I got my ironing board, now it all goes downstairs to the makwa man [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I'm not handing my money over to the makwa man for ironing [Eek!]

Ayisha I am a lot taller than you - ironing on the bed would absolutely kill my back. In the UK I used to have an extra high ironing board to save my back!

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they sell them in Marsheti's...in the 7th District....right next to Planet October.
3rd floor - next to the stairs.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats a makwa man??

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
ironing man dawn

makwa = iron

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Apparently only in Egyptian Arabic. Apparently it means something else in normal arabic as an Egyptian friend informed me when he used it in another Arabic country [Big Grin]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The quickest way to get rid of stinky money is to spend it!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually enjoy ironing - is there something wrong with me?!
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Btw Shanta as you love ironing, why you don't iron my cloth and I will take away your old notes and give you nice clean ones.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com