EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Translate please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Translate please
Member # 14248

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone translate this from the truck we saw this morning [Big Grin] and I don't mean the JUMPO bit.

HELP

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says prince ragab and prince el sayyid [Smile]

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I mean the ENGLISH!!! LOL [Big Grin]

Shanpan for pissniss [Big Grin]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
yes! I think it's shaapan.The english translation for the name SHAABAN...hahahahahahahahha

--------------------

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking what the hell was pissniss??? [Confused]

then I started laughing my head off when I realised and had to catch up with him again to get this pic [Big Grin]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW the word 'JUMBO' is always changed into 'JUMPO' for some obscure reason [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Well it goes all the way to bitza and bebsi...

It's still ok, any average egyptian can understand and speak minimal english nowadays. In Dubai I stayed for loooooong years and foreigners' best efforts-(no matter how long their stay was be it a year or 20) would start and end at habibti, yaani, shoukran and afwan..oh and salamu alaikum.
I try to be proud of my fellow egyptians and think that mopayen, jumpo and pritj impasy is cute [Smile]

--------------------

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well in the case of 'Jumbo' this is the name of a specific Chevrolet truck used extensively in Egypt,the word is written on the back of the truck by the manufacturer upon delivery, if by any chance the truck is given a paint job, the word is immediately changed into 'JUMPO'.. [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

[Big Grin] lol @ pritj impasy

I love these signs

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com