EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » egyptian passport

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: egyptian passport
jacintha
Member # 14610

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacintha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just wondering if anybody knows how much it costs an egyptian to get a new passport? thanks in advance
Posts: 20 | From: ireland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LE 60. Something like that.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacintha
Member # 14610

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jacintha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, thanks for that... slightly different from what i was quoted [Wink] appreciated!
Posts: 20 | From: ireland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting, what were you quoted?

I think it depends why they want a new one and who they have to pay off to get it too sometimes [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacintha
Member # 14610

Rate Member
450LE ....
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah well, better than 4500LE [Big Grin]

i dont know about now but I do know before that it was possible to 'buy a new passport' if there were things on the old one you didnt want other embassies to see, like overstayed Visa's to other countries. That may have cost a little extra than just a new passport.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. You may have been quoted for the new electronic passport - 60 LE is the old paper one.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacintha
Member # 14610

Rate Member
ah right. any ideas of how much that costs?
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure, I heard about 400+
Try: http://www.egypt.gov.eg/services/default.aspx?section=citizens
If you ask someone you do not know to do it on your behalf, they are likely to charge/say extra - for example those "lawyers" who hang around govt buildings.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2008/882/eg5.htm

It says 110 LE in this article. Hubby got new one last spring, all I remember that no way it was 400+ LE.

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I rememebr rightly last summer my hubby got his and it was around LE 40 or 50. But he has the paper one, if its any help.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paradise_seekers:
Hi. You may have been quoted for the new electronic passport - 60 LE is the old paper one.

You are right - I forgot about the new passport when answering the question.

It's funny though.....the passport got smaller and the price went up! Gone are the days of Egyptians carrying passports the size of a paperback novel. I think the old Egyptian passport is the largest in the world.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amr-
Member # 15737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amr-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jacintha:
Ah, thanks for that... slightly different from what i was quoted [Wink] appreciated!

60 or 110 or 450 why it matters to you ?
are you the one who is paying for his passport [Big Grin]

Posts: 206 | From: Afghanistan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jacintha
Member # 14610

Rate Member
I ask because i ask amr.just to know. it matters, because i am curious. why make it so personal? Are u being judgemental?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com