EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Would You Ride This Trolley in Sharm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would You Ride This Trolley in Sharm?
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking seriously about sending one of these trolleys to Egypt and starting a bus service around Sharm. Up and down Peace Road by the airport to the old market.

http://www.teddys.com.au/pictures/trolley.jpg

Everybody thinks I'm crazy but I have so much confidence in this idea.

So do you guys think people would ride this trolley in sharm? I thought I could charge 25LE for a one day pass.

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes definitely CS... great idea!!!
And tourists would love it too!!! [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea and much easier for older / disabled people to get on and off
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sorsor
Member # 7639

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sorsor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes sure, cooooooooool

--------------------
sorsor_onair@hotmail.com

Posts: 429 | From: jeddah ,saudi arabia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! I am going ahead with the project!

I will keep the Egyptsearch crew updated on my progress, and all will be invited for the inaugural ride through Sharm!

Because I always said...Any dream will do...

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll probably have to go a (medium sized) mountain of paperwork before that will be possible, that's if the government allows it at all.

Far fetched, but if you want to you can buy a bus here, why send one from overseas ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:
I am thinking seriously about sending one of these trolleys to Egypt and starting a bus service around Sharm. Up and down Peace Road by the airport to the old market.

http://www.teddys.com.au/pictures/trolley.jpg

Everybody thinks I'm crazy but I have so much confidence in this idea.

So do you guys think people would ride this trolley in sharm? I thought I could charge 25LE for a one day pass.

Excellent and original idea! I haven't been to Sharm for decades!! so I don't know about the distances there, but do you think you can have several fare options. Maybe someone just needs one trip, why pay for a whole day.
Do you think you should do some market analysis, I mean what other public transport is available there, how good and reliable the service is and how much does it cost.
Once operational, you might want to raise some extra money by having adverts on the sides, or by having deals with hotels or tour operators whereby their guests get a free pass (obviuosly the hotel would pay you, but at a reduced rate, etc.).
I really think it's a good idea with lots of potential.
It is different from the bus because of its easier access and probably a smoother ride. I wonder if it's less polluting as well, you might play on that in your marketing given that as I understand it, there are a lot of foreigners there. And they tend to appreciate those things more.
Would I ride it, well, suffice it to say that I'd ride anything that shakes [Wink]

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll need to smoke the peace pipe with regular microbus drivers ( ex-cons, drug addicts ) and taxi drivers ( greedy scumbags, ruthless mother fu*kers ), then confront the governmental authorities ( psychpaths, mentally deranged sadists ) to get to your idea of starting this sort of business in Sharm, levels of risk involved are inversely proportional to the amount of money you got..looking at it from an econimical way, you'll be spending more money than what you'll actually earn.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
You'll need to smoke the peace pipe with regular microbus drivers ( ex-cons, drug addicts ) and taxi drivers ( greedy scumbags, ruthless mother fu*kers ), then confront the governmental authorities ( psychpaths, mentally deranged sadists ) to get to your idea of starting this sort of business in Sharm, levels of risk involved are inversely proportional to the amount of money you got..looking at it from an econimical way, you'll be spending more money than what you'll actually earn.

or team up with Alaa Mubarak and split the spoils with him! Everybody seems to be doing it, why not you [Smile]
Seriously though, I was told that this is a cunning marketing ploy that some big businesses follow. They claim that Alaa Mubarak is on board, so people automatically assume that the business is protected, will cruise through the regulatory process and will florish.
So, there's your plan B [Big Grin]

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com