EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Visas and the Mogamma :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visas and the Mogamma :)
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

My wife and daughter's visa is due to expire in a few days and we hope to renew it.

Do you think it is possible that I can go alone to the Mogamma to obtain a new visa for her or do you have to go in person?

Regards
Giles

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for temporarilyhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will be able to get the Visa's on thier behalf.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting me know
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter had to attend in person to get a renewal, even though she was 14 i.e. still a child

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for temporarilyhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of a few people that did thiers, thier wife's and kids (age upto 9yrs)

Not sure how old your daughter is GilesA?

Posts: 34 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Churchlady
Member # 16445

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Churchlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what hours they are open for visa extensions?

--------------------
Church Lady

Posts: 66 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's open from eight to twelve o'clock.

Also, check this for more information on the proceedings:

http://oldbagofcairo.blogspot.com/2008/08/oh-were-going-to-mogamma.html

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Churchlady
Member # 16445

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Churchlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - that helps alot!

--------------------
Church Lady

Posts: 66 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been there a couple of days ago, it was still open little bit past 2 pm and a lot of people in "visa floor". But it is good to go as early as you can, less people!
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tock
Member # 16781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Agree with Cloudberry Egyptmom, get there as earley as possible. Actually we've been going for Visas on Saturday mornings recently and found that things were MUCH quicker than on the other days, as many fewer 'customers' about.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go before 12 it can be processed the same day, if you go between 12 and 2 you will have to go back the next day. Earlier the better.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com