EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian bellydancers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian bellydancers
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following clip, is one of my favourites because it captures the beauty of the Egyptian bellydancers from the old days. I love the smooth elegant way they move, which is a far cry from the way modern dancers who look like they are going through an electric shock.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qwiorV-a6I

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for sharing , i will agree with you they were the best . [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 7ayat they're lovely.... far more elegant than the Russian trollops posing as belly dancers in Hurghada right now!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I can't stand any of the new ones. And I hate it when people say that Shakira belly dances because all she does is shake her hips really fast, that is NOT belly dancing. My favourite of the lot is Naima Akef, the one who is talking at the beginning of the video.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
Yeah I can't stand any of the new ones. And I hate it when people say that Shakira belly dances because all she does is shake her hips really fast, that is NOT belly dancing. My favourite of the lot is Naima Akef, the one who is talking at the beginning of the video.

I agree with you about the stars of the Golden Age of bellydancing in Egypt.I enjoy them soo much that i got this collection of the best of them:

http://www.hossamramzy.com/stars/index.htm

Although im a Shakira fan myself,is not her dancing what im fond of,since what she does is include some bellydance moves in her performance.

In bellydancing,nothing like the stars of the bygone golden age in Egypt. [Smile]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The following clip, is one of my favourites because it captures the beauty of the Egyptian bellydancers from the old days. I love the smooth elegant way they move, which is a far cry from the way modern dancers who look like they are going through an electric shock.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qwiorV-a6I

Oh, Naima is my favorite also. She is great. I love to watch those old old movies from the 50's. [Smile]
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the funniest bellydancers I saw was a girl who I assume was from Russia. She was so stilted I'm sure she had a rod up her back [Frown] She just did not look comfortable at all.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iraqi Butt Dancer ??!! Check it out.. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylBgdj2UK0Q&feature=related

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Iraqi Butt Dancer ??!! Check it out.. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylBgdj2UK0Q&feature=related

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:

I agree with you about the stars of the Golden Age of bellydancing in Egypt.I enjoy them soo much that i got this collection of the best of them:

http://www.hossamramzy.com/stars/index.htm

Although im a Shakira fan myself,is not her dancing what im fond of,since what she does is include some bellydance moves in her performance.

In bellydancing,nothing like the stars of the bygone golden age in Egypt. [Smile]

Oh I love Shakira too! Great voice and I think she writes some of her own songs. It's just I don't think that her moves technically count as belly dancing as people say.

That link is interesting, thanks for posting it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com