EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » abortion in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abortion in egypt
missyb
Member # 16758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for missyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it possible to find private clinics that perform abortions in egypt, does anyone have any advise or info? and if not does anyone know of the regulations in neighbouring countries? Thanks in advance yourhelp is greatly needed
Posts: 2 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you or someone you know is dealing with a troubling situation.

Unfortunately, abortion is illegal in Egypt. You will not be able to have a safe abortion in Egypt. There may be abortion providers but their means will be rudimentary and you could have serious complications.

You also cannot seek treatment in any neighboring country. There is no safe abortion in Libya, Sudan, Saudi, etc.

It is advisable for you to fly to Paris to have your pregnancy terminated there, if this is your decision. If you understand any french you can find abortion providers easily in Paris with a google search.

If you do not speak French and have nobody to assist you, you should seek treatment in a facility in Netherlands, where english is the language of medicine. Abortions are available for women in the Netherlands with a 5 day waiting period. You absolutely cannot wait until after the 22nd week of pregnancy, and it is advisable from a moral and physical prospective to terminate as early as possible. If you are out of your first trimester already, you will have to have the procedure in a public hospital and not a private clinic, and it will be hard to find someone to preform it.

If you seek abortion services in Egypt you will receive a very hostile reaction. You could be seriously hurt, sterilized, or die. You need to go to Europe or your home country.

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.womenonwaves.org/set-158-en.html?lang=en

In Egypt it's only possible to get illegal abortions, it costs ± $ 460,- . A lot of women get their abortions without the needed medical assistance. If you are free to travel it would be easier to travel to Europe. Maybe the website above will be usefull, this organisation is working for women in this situation. Good luck...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:

Unfortunately, abortion is illegal in Egypt.

I don't think you can make such a blanket statement, I believe you have to qualify it.
For example, my understanding is that it is legal at any stage of the pregnancy if it (the pregnancy or birth) is deemed too risky for the mother.
I also blieve somebody posted something around here about Dar-el-efta (loosely = the religious authorities) having allowed it for victims of rape.

Finally, I don't think those who know about such places would post here as they and the places they refer to may get into trouble. You never know who's snooping around here!

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by missyb:
is it possible to find private clinics that perform abortions in egypt, does anyone have any advise or info? and if not does anyone know of the regulations in neighbouring countries? Thanks in advance yourhelp is greatly needed

[ Tuesday, 05 May 2009 ]

Azhar Imam says on condition woman is "chaste" Egypt's top cleric OKs post-rape abortion

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/05/05/72087.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, in the cases where it would be legal, any gyneacologist would be the right answer. But I think she wouldn't post it here, when she could have a legal abortion, isn't it?
When the pregnancy isn't developed in weeks, there are medecines available, it's all on the website I mentioned.
Als this organisation is capable to show her the right way to go, they don't do anything else.
It is a Dutch organisation, fighting for women's rights to have abortions of they want to, they even have an abortionclinic-boat, entering countries as Portugal, to give information and abortion as a free service.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can get an abortion by a doctor in a clean place for less than quoted but they will only generally do it if it is under a certain time in the pregnancy, not sure how long that is though. Best to ask around where you are or get him to ask and find you a decent doctor.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missyb
Member # 16758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for missyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys I think that may be a big help and thanks for not judging me xx
Posts: 2 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No one has the right to judge you, however, there is a great invention called "C-O-N-D-O-M" use it [Roll Eyes]
Good luck!

Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You are welcome. Although I am totally against abortion you will have your reasons and it's your decision. The most important thing is you have to act quickly now. Stay safe.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get an abortion by taking a certain cocktail of pills, you have to be pregnant for less than 12 weeks.

Wish you all the best, take good care of yourself.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
To get an abortion by taking a certain cocktail of pills, you have to be pregnant for less than 12 weeks.

Wish you all the best, take good care of yourself.

Its called the B Plan:
http://www.go2planb.com/

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry i really wasn't going to reply to this but i just can't help myself!
sorry if i annoy anyone but this is my opinion

Why the hell did she allow herself to get pregnant if she knew she didn't want the child????
I think it is totally irresponsible and damn right selfish after all there are contraceptives out there for both sexes!! and my god don't even think about the amount of women who are fighting to get pregnant and could only wish they were able to.
Sorry to judge but this is something i am so against please if u can't do the time don't commit the crime (in other words don't have sex if u don't want a kid simple! unless u use protection!) after all this was its sole purpose fun is just part of that experience we've learnt don't take it for granted! but unfortunately too many people do! and this is what happens........ personally i would have the kid and learn from it after all that thing growing inside does'nt ask to b killed does it??
i know so many people just let lust override them and have very important reasons not to have a kid but please we r not in the dark ages even in Egpyt u can get contraception! i like me quotes and there is none other than prevention is better than cure anyday

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murray-mint, some girls get pregnant in spite of contraception... I had a neighbour who had a contraceptive thing placed (sorry, can't find the correct English word right now) and she got pregnant anyway.
So we don't know about the situation here, therefor we cannot judge IMO.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Murray-mint, some girls get pregnant in spite of contraception... I had a neighbour who had a contraceptive thing placed

(sorry, can't find the correct English word right now) and she got pregnant anyway.

...implanted,injected or parched on her skin.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know girls sometimes there are really good reasons to have abortion i do agree when there is great reason to do this, but unfortunately i do jump in too quickly and judge on this subject as i am passionate about life in general and your responsibility, not only your life but to others u may make out of sex. As personally i have found too many people take sex for granted and really allow lust to takeover from logical thinking here. But personally if i became pregnant through no fault of my own (4 example faulty contraception) i would accept my fate and deal with the child. As i said if u cannot think about what actually comes from sex then do not do it in the first place! Sorry this is what i feel strongly for. [Cool]
But in the end it is this girl who has to live with her decision whatever that becomes.

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM77, think about she was a victim of rape. Would your responses have sounded differently? Truly we don't know the whole situation of the OP and it makes no sense at this moment to speculate.

As I said I am also 100% pro life but in a country like Egypt to perhaps be single and become pregnant is a horrible scenario not only for the girl itself but for the whole family. I think it would be the most shameful thing a daughter could do to her parents.

In Western countries there are usually government programs available to help women in need also after the delivery but not in Egypt.

Hence if she would deliver the child - in Egypt these children are still called 'bastards' - it would possibly end up in one of the orphanages and as we all know most of these kids stay there until they reach adulthood.

Obviously the OP is in dire need to find a solution and unfortunately it's called abortion.

Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Sure, in the cases where it would be legal, any gyneacologist would be the right answer. But I think she wouldn't post it here, when she could have a legal abortion, isn't it?

As a matter of fact, it's quite the contrary. I don't believe anybody would post asking for something illegal, as they risk revealing the place and their sources.
All of the questions around here (to the best of my knowledge at least) were about legal things such as hairdressers, make-up places, dentists, where to buy decent bras [Big Grin] , etc.
I've never seen any post asking about where to get a drug fix or where to hire a hit man to kill your Egyptian husband whom you found out was cheating on you and was after your money!!!

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You're a man, they think in another way as women do. But, let's ask the lady???

--------------------

Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
You're a man, they think in another way as women do. But, let's ask the lady???

No no, don't ask her, I believe you. She's faced enough humiliation so far, now you want to call her a crook as well. Give the woman a break!
I really wish her all the best, however she or the person she's refering to got herself into this.
Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Haha, I didn't want to call her anything! I even think she will be amused because our opinions are that different. BUT, it's obvious that what sounds logical to me, sounds complete the opposite to you!!!

--------------------

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Murray-mint, some girls get pregnant in spite of contraception... I had a neighbour who had a contraceptive thing placed (sorry, can't find the correct English word right now) and she got pregnant anyway.

Exactly. I know quite a few women who got pregnant despite using contraceptives that are considered safe.

The argument that there are countless women who try to get pregnant but can't is totally meanignless in this context; it's like saying people shouldn't suffer from anorexia because there are millions of people starving on this planet.

I never had an abortion and, despite the fact that I don't want to have children, wouldn't get one if I happened to get pregnant because I would consider it a wrong thing to do. However, had it happened to me at some point in the past, let's say ten years ago I would have done so without even thinking about it twice, because the thought of having to raise a child would have been an utter nightmare to me at that point in my life.

My point is -- as long as you're not in somebody elses's shoes, and don't know enough about their circumstances, you have no right to judge them.

quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
that thing growing inside does'nt ask to b killed does it??

i am passionate about life in general

I am passionate about killing or torturing any living being without necessity, and that includes animals too. Does that mean I have the right to jump on anyone who eats meat and tell them they could survive just as well being a vegetarian?

All those animals that you consume during your life just because you enjoy the taste of their meat didn't ask to be tortured and killed either, did they?

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly. I know quite a few women who got pregnant despite using contraceptives that are considered safe.

The argument that there are countless women who try to get pregnant but can't is totally meanignless in this context; it's like saying people shouldn't suffer from anorexia because there are millions of people starving on this planet.

I never had an abortion and, despite the fact that I don't want to have children, wouldn't get one if I happened to get pregnant because I would consider it a wrong thing to do. However, had it happened to me at some point in the past, let's say ten years ago, I would have done so without even thinking about it twice, because the thought of having to raise a child would have been an utter nightmare to me at that point in my life.

My point is -- as long as you're not in somebody elses's shoes, and don't know enough about their circumstances, you have no right to judge them.

quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
that thing growing inside does'nt ask to b killed does it??

i am passionate about life in general

I am passionate about killing or torturing any living being without necessity, and that includes animals too. Does that mean I have the right to jump on anyone who eats meat and tell them they could survive just as well being a vegetarian?

All those animals that you consume during your life just because you enjoy the taste of their meat didn't ask to be tortured and killed either, did they?

Yeah, I know, this probably sounds crazy or far-fetched, but it's the same kind of logic you've been using.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com