EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » US Health insurance!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: US Health insurance!
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case of emergency, are there hospitals anywhere in Egypt that accept it? My insurance will cover me i know that but then again i don't know how well egyptian hospitals will correspond with it!! Things can take forever there and i can be on my way to the morgue with a piece of cotten up my hieny by the time they sort things out!!!
Any clue?

Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Churchlady
Member # 16445

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Churchlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had checked on this with my insurance company in the states. They said I would be covered but I would have to pay cash for the services in Egypt, get a receipt, then file a claim when I got home and they would reimburse me. Insurance companies are all different though - you should check with your own insurance company.

--------------------
Church Lady

Posts: 66 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky Luciano
Member # 16737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Luciano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptmom:
I had checked on this with my insurance company in the states. They said I would be covered but I would have to pay cash for the services in Egypt, get a receipt, then file a claim when I got home and they would reimburse me. Insurance companies are all different though - you should check with your own insurance company.

Thank you for the quick reply, i did and they said the same exact thing, they also said i have to notify them within 48 hours after being admitted to ER (if needed) and they will contact the hospital!!
I was like...yea right! i know they would contact them but hospital staff in Egypt won't do much....sad to say!

Posts: 380 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I agree with Egyptmom.... we were told the same thing.
just showing your insurance card won't do it.... you need to pay and claim it back.
I was really happy nothing happened in our 2 months in Egypt..... I don't trust the system either!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
umhaleema
Member # 16923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for umhaleema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if it's safe to have a baby there or not.I was thinking about having my baby there but my family made me really worried. Also I was wondering if anyone knows the expenses.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qmar
Member # 12602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to be awake for the birth then stay at home! Expenses range widely, we paid about 1500 LE for the room and don't know how much for tips and treatment?? This was in a middle hospital (quite shabby if you ask me). My experience was not the best but all was fine in the end.
If you must have your baby there and can afford it, go to a top hospital and insist on being awake!

Posts: 102 | From: Somewhere only we know... | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean - awake? Egyptian docs prefer to deliver babies while the mothers are knocked out from anesthesia???
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Luciano:
Things can take forever there and i can be on my way to the morgue with a piece of cotten up my hieny by the time they sort things out!!!
Any clue?

Well at this point you won't have to worry about anything anymore. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they do TL in my experience, even my MIL said i should [Frown] i made my hubby promise to not let the dr put me to sleep! They also like to give C sections too readily in my opinion - that was something i made hubby promise too!
Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qmar
Member # 12602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes thats it exactly TL, went all the way with no meds, Baby's head was crowning, bang, I was out of it! Dr did mention it during one check up I just shook my head as to say not for me thanks. Didn't think it would be compulsory unless I had a gun to his head!! By the time I was labour it didn't even strike me that they would that. Still saddened by it now but alls well that ends well.
Posts: 102 | From: Somewhere only we know... | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodgood
Member # 16946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For and surgical help and communication with insurance companies accepted. You are welcome here

www.albertclinic.com

Posts: 4 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com