EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Our Cat Needs a loving home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Cat Needs a loving home
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The time has come to find a loving home for our ,beautiful cat baby. He is 2 years old and a shiraz / persian, he is blue/grey in colour and has the most soft, loving personality, friendley and a real pal to be around, always close to you and wants nothing more than to spend his life on your knee and playing games.
He loves a shower and is so easy to look after, he is a house cat and has not been outside ever and is happy to just be in the home.
It has come to the time we have to find him a home as i have left to return to the UK and my husband has a job offer that will not allow him to take baby with him.
This is such a sad and difficult time for us and the last thing we want is to take him to the dreadful pet shop to find a home for him as it would be so bad for him to be in a tiny cage.
He is free to a fab home, all he needs is loads of love.
PLease iff you would like more details or know of someone who would like to give our cat a home please dont hesitate to get in touch
Thankyou

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

It has come to the time we have to find him a home as i have left to return to the UK and my husband has a job offer that will not allow him to take baby with him.

Why didn't you take him with you to the UK?
Don't you know anyone travelling from Egypt to the UK who could bring him over?
[Confused]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impossible to take him and belive me i wanted too, but i could never afford it and im so sure the quarantine would be soo expensive, belive me i wish so much i can bring him together with my Husband.
Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was it impossible?

I took my cat back and forth to Germany several times, it was very easy (apart from the obvious stress of travelling with a cat) and cost about 20 Euros per flight.

Now I know the UK has different regulations. Are they that complicated? [Frown]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok could be something to think about
i hope it would work, did you bring your cats from Egypt?

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
But the thing is iff when i get a flat here would they accept a cat, but i do have a feeling that the quarantine is the problem here.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

i hope it would work, did you bring your cats from Egypt?

Yes, I got my cat in Cairo, he's a baladi cat picked off the street. [Wink]

I travelled back and forth between Germany and Egypt quite a bit in the past years. I wasn't always able to take him with me, but I did several times. Germany is very bureaucratic and I had to have many papers and vaccinations and stuff like that. But there was no quarantine and no problem with taking him on a plane either.

Now I know that taking a cat to or from the UK is a different matter; you might want to check with oldbag, maybe she has more information. I remember she posted a long report about taking her cats from the UK to Cairo, and it sounded very complicated.

Best of luck! I'm in Germany for the summer and had to leave my cat in Cairo this time. I couldn't find anyone who was able to take him, so I left him in a shelter where he had been before. I know they take good care of him there, but he hates it because he doesn't like to have all the other cats around him, and he needs a lot of attention. [Frown]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
The shelter sounds a great idea. been on quarantine sites all night and he would need to go in for 6 months and its a very hefty price, over £2000. My gosh you are lucky in Germany, all is easier than the uk, goodness knows wht else there is too do at the moment.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's different taking a cat to Germany than it is taking it to the UK.... I looked into it when I was going back.
The 6 months quarantine rule still applies for the UK if you are coming from Egypt. The pet passport thing doesn't work from Egypt.
I was very lucky..... my best friend took my cat.... he's very happy... and huge!! I saw him recently when I was in Hurghada.
I hope you find a nice home, Yorkie!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has he had shots, neutered, and how bout a pic?
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Had the shots, but will defo be neutered before he will be rehomed, we will put pics here for you, well hubby will cause i dont know how to put one here.
He really is very lovely.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pets are for life.

Don't get one if you are going to 'rehome' it eventually.

Never will I understand people who do this.

If you would consider giving it to an Egyptian pet store "in a little cage" then you really don't care about it at all. He's lucky to be away from you I guess.

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:
Pets are for life.

If you would consider giving it to an Egyptian pet store "in a little cage" then you really don't care about it at all. He's lucky to be away from you I guess.

is it lonely up there? is the air clearer?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pets are for life.

Arsewipe [Mad]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:
Pets are for life.

Arsewipe [Mad]
a woman of few words, bit hit the nail on the head prefectly [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Heheheheheh you got no idea at all about my situation.
I will never let him go to a shop, belive me.
My plan was never to leave Egypt, but in the end there was no other choice.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are u so nasty CairoStudent? Yorkie ignore her. She is being an ass as usual.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pets are for life.

Totally agree with you here.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yorkie have you asked about taking a cat with you back to the UK? I was surprised to know of a dog who was taken home (in Cairo) straight from the flight and then later I learned that you can also take a dog back to Finland without quarantine. I don't know if this applies all countries (the country where the animal is coming) but that was news to me! You just need to fix the animal's papers here before you go.
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking animals in to the UK is NOT LIKE THE REST OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE so please our dear European colleagues, don't think it is the same as with the EU. It's not like France, or Germany, or Finland or anywhere else normal.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/rfis.htm

If you are coming from an UNLISTED country (eg Egypt), there is either a 6 month quarantine necessary in the UK, or you have to wait 6 months in an EU country.

Either way, you are in for 6 months kennel expenses unless you are in a position to house your dearly beloved in the EU with friends.

A quarantine kennels for 6 months in the UK will EASILY cost £'000s sterling.

This is the law.

Some people have figured ways round it, but run the risk of having their pets exterminated if caught.

YR has made the wisest decision in the interests of her pet so long as a good home can be found in Egypt. It is young and can adapt.

If I ever have to return to the UK with my cats, they are now 13 years old and I will probably stop by in France for 6 months if that ever happens so I can be with them.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:
Pets are for life.

Arsewipe [Mad]
a woman of few words, bit hit the nail on the head prefectly [Big Grin]
Agree with Kalila and Ayisha!

Life and circumstances do change . . .

Hope you can find a good home for baby, YR!

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the air cleaner... pmsl. I just spat snickers on my spacebar.

The UK has very stringent rulings regarding animals going both into and out of the country.

Also lmao @ the UK is not the same as the rest of the entire universe [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Taking animals in to the UK is NOT LIKE THE REST OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE so please our dear European colleagues, don't think it is the same as with the EU. It's not like France, or Germany, or Finland or anywhere else normal.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/rfis.htm

If you are coming from an UNLISTED country (eg Egypt), there is either a 6 month quarantine necessary in the UK, or you have to wait 6 months in an EU country.

Either way, you are in for 6 months kennel expenses unless you are in a position to house your dearly beloved in the EU with friends.

This is the law.

Some people have figured ways round it, but run the risk of having their pets exterminated if caught.

YR has made the wisest decision in the interests of her pet so long as a good home can be found in Egypt. It is young and can adapt.

If I ever have to return to the UK with my cats, they are now 13 years old and I will probably stop by in France for 6 months if that ever happens so I can be with them.

This has changed in the recent years in that the 6 month quarantine period can be done in the country you're coming from. You need to have the pet microchipped, and a blood test done - but the labwork must be sent to a lab on the approved list listed on the website, then basically, you get the animal retested again...but the animal doesn't have to spend 6 months in a cage - it does it at home in its own country.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things have changed from the good old days.. GOOD TIMES. [Cool]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/index.htm

Stipulates the 6 month quarantine rule and the rules that apply.

Have you ever tried micro-chipping a ferret lol... yikes!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

This has changed in the recent years in that the 6 month quarantine period can be done in the country you're coming from. You need to have the pet microchipped, and a blood test done - but the labwork must be sent to a lab on the approved list listed on the website, then basically, you get the animal retested again...but the animal doesn't have to spend 6 months in a cage - it does it at home in its own country.
According to the DEFRA website who oversee these matters for the UK - yes, as I said originally, so long as its EU. Egypt is an unlisted country and therefore it either has to do quarantine in the UK or wait 6 months in the EU so unless you have friends in the EU who can hold it, you will have to pay out there as well.

I have emailed them for specific clarification on that point.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy in love
Member # 12547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pets are for life.

I think the name of the topic was clear(Our Cat Needs a loving home)so there is no need to bitching here, u cant judge people if u dont know the situation they are on it.
People like u push members away from coming here and post which this forum before was for sharing experiences and laugh not to making a problems and use words to show how Mrs perfect you are.g2h

Posts: 205 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by happy in love:
quote:
Pets are for life.

I think the name of the topic was clear(Our Cat Needs a loving home)so there is no need to bitching here, u cant judge people if u dont know the situation they are on it.
People like u push members away from coming here and post which this forum before was for sharing experiences and laugh not to making a problems and use words to show how Mrs perfect you are.g2h

well said Remon [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah hun! is he the one in your photos??? soooo cute! I hope you find a home for him...... have you tried some other egypt forums??? I don't think many people here actually live in egypt [Frown] .... maybe ask lf for the links??? ... just an idea
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

According to the DEFRA website who oversee these matters for the UK - yes, as I said originally, so long as its EU. Egypt is an unlisted country and therefore it either has to do quarantine in the UK or wait 6 months in the EU so unless you have friends in the EU who can hold it, you will have to pay out there as well.

I have emailed them for specific clarification on that point.

Sorry, I thought Egypt was on the list of non-eu countries that qualify for PETS scheme ... only UAE is... http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/other.htm
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Fresh from the horse's mouth:

Dear ...

Thank you for your e-mail received on the 19th July 2009.

Please be advised that because Egypt is not qualified under the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS), the dog will have to enter into six months of quarantine upon entry into the UK. The only alternative to UK quarantine would be to import the pet into another PETS qualifying country (having met their importation requirements), and to then prepare the animal for UK entry from there. For more information regarding UK PETS entry requirements, PETS compliant countries, carriers and routes, please see the link below to our website:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/owners.htm

An import licence is required (from this Department) for all dogs and cats entering the UK that do not comply with PETS. We are unable to issue the licence until we have confirmation from the chosen quarantine premises and carrying agent that they will house and transport the animal on its arrival into the UK.

I have attached a link to our website that provides information relating to approved quarantine premises. It is vital that the owner contact their chosen quarantine premises well in advance of travel to book the pet into quarantine and for them to apply for the import licence and arrange transport from the airport for the dog.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/quarantine/procedures/support-info/map.htm

Please note that all expenses in connection with the landing, transit, quarantine and vaccination of your animal are solely for agreement between you and the quarantine premises and carrying agent concerned.

Jonathan Holmes
Administrative Officer
Animal Health
Government Buildings
Beeches Road
Chelmsford
CM1 2RU

T: 01245 358383
F: 01245 351162
E: quarantine@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is the law.

Good to see you back on here, Shanta, and you are right on target here. [Wink]

Hello Yorkie!! [Smile] Is there not way that your in-laws or any other cat-friendly aquaintances can take the cat in??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
No they wont tiger, no way. they dont like animals, but they would like to take him to a shop in there town and im not agreeing to this at all.
I dont know anyone who would like to take hi, i just hope and pray we can find a loving home for him.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
No they wont tiger, no way. they dont like animals, but they would like to take him to a shop in there town and im not agreeing to this at all.
I dont know anyone who would like to take hi, i just hope and pray we can find a loving home for him.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com