EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ramadan life style

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ramadan life style
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all muslims and non muslims living in Egypt ,does ur life style change in Ramadan
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
foolish question..........
of course it does.
Dinner is on time, no matter what, and hubby is sleeping off and on during the day, and is up all night.
Shorter working hours.
a gazillion crazy drivers on the road just prior to Iftar, trying to get home all at the same time.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
foolish question..........
of course it does.
Dinner is on time, no matter what, and hubby is sleeping off and on during the day, and is up all night.
Shorter working hours.
a gazillion crazy drivers on the road just prior to Iftar, trying to get home all at the same time.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jean-bean i cant be rude like u as i am fasting:p
the question is also for non muslim members and its not a must that a forigner living here is married to an egyptian and will be affected by Ramadan ,anyway thnx 4 ur opinion

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so...you assume that since I am a foreigner, that I cannot be a muslim also???

and I was not being rude...just stating facts !
silly boy.........

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I know of non Muslims who fast during Ramadan just to show solidarity. Quite a few of the Thompson's tour leaders do because the guides and drivers are.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
jean bean my question wasnt at all if u r muslim or not ,my question was abt changing life styles in Ramadan whether u r muslim or not

--------------------
islam

chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no not at all life still goes on ah
Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptians still lie cheat steal and get as many european wives as poss - so whats changed ?????
Posts: 81 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true chelsea

My lifestyle hasnt changed, still working same hours but half the staff are walking around miserable and refuse to speak or smile and are reading Quran. pious for 30 days. I asked one why he wouldnt smile, he said after I eat I will smile, so I said why are you fasting if it makes you miserable, he said for the God, so I said arent you supposed to be happy doing this for the God? he said when I eat I will be happy [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesuvius
Member # 16853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesuvius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Actually I know of non Muslims who fast during Ramadan just to show solidarity. Quite a few of the Thompson's tour leaders do because the guides and drivers are.

Wow thats really good isnt it [Smile]
Posts: 140 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Member # 16298

Rate Member
Well at least he an't lying cheating and stealing from someone makes a change.
Jelena
Member # 17065

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jelena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lifestyle's the same during Ramadan, except that I avoid eating or drinking outside my home or restaurants during the fasting time, that's the only restriction.
Posts: 5 | From: Nasr City | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com