EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Oh man........ Beyonce comes to Egypt!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh man........ Beyonce comes to Egypt!!!!
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
How was coffee ?? [Smile] and Heba ?

Hot and Young [Wink]

I prefer Lady Gaga.. [Razz]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Hot and Young [Wink]

No change there then [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Celeb.. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hot and Young [Wink]

Lady Gag Gag [Wink]

NOISE

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Celeb.. [Roll Eyes]

Really ? i would never have guessed [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Madonna likes Lady Gaga. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Madonna likes Lady Gaga. [Big Grin] [Razz]

She has a good imagination still then.

Look at Britney and Christina as well.. they all pretty girls who ruin their looks, they dress like trailor trash and theirs songs are just so unoriginal... I swear Britney writes her songs while taking a pee!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Dzosser, you are a man in the know when it comes to Cairo... where can we catch good live music?

The Jazz Club isn't really that good but I like the venue and although I love After 8 I would really like to catch maybe cover bands who do English music.

What is the Hard Rock like. Are there any other venues we are missing out on?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please ferret, take your foot off Christina Alguilera. There is no way you can compare her with that bimbo Britney (sorry to all Britney fans if there should be any on here). Yeah Christina had a crazy phase too but boy, she can sing and she's classy. She still looks smoking hot, is successful and in a good marriage with a child (again no drama and no scandals) while Britney..... well everyone knows what's going on in her life. Truly Christina never ever was even close to the bottom of ruin.

How can this be considered unoriginal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97klTrDhOtQ

After all she's singing of personal experiences. It's simply amazing to listen to (song starts at 03:00).

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the hotel, Beyoncé will arrive at Marsa Alam airport from Istanbul along with a 76-strong entourage the day before the gig.

Organisers say charter flights will be increased on the day of the concert allowing people flying from Cairo to Marsa Alam the chance to catch the superstar.

Tickets and packages will go on sale soon and fans are requested to check the hotel website at portghalib.com for more information.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/knowledge/news/11056-beyonce-in-egypt#

That's THE mega event in Egypt besides Obama's visit in June!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Dzosser, you are a man in the know when it comes to Cairo... where can we catch good live music?

The Jazz Club isn't really that good but I like the venue and although I love After 8 I would really like to catch maybe cover bands who do English music.

hard rock makes great long islands but i never was there for live music.

Brittney vs Christina. Christina wins hands down.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brittney wins for me, in my opinion. I can not stand the way Christina warbles!

cheeky, I saw biffy when they were just doing small gigs. so good! I can't wait till i can take ameria to festivals!! mon da biffy!

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:

hard rock makes great long islands but i never was there for live music.

Brittney vs Christina. Christina wins hands down.

Christina is the better out of the two but it is not a compliment. It is like saying being shot would be better than drowning!

I cannot find that Irish Band QSL, I will get Finney to chase it.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member

Nothing that I know of, but Cairo Jazz Club (Mohandessin) is the most popular, specially on wednesdays, After 8 is a second choice.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:

Nothing that I know of, but Cairo Jazz Club (Mohandessin) is the most popular, specially on wednesdays, After 8 is a second choice.

[Frown] When I am asked what do I miss about England I saw gigs, festivals and Aston Villa!!!

I have a gig and will watch 2 games in Dec but no festivals... [Frown]

Cairo sucks for venues eh... another reason to sit in the Brit clubs, they have a good sound system and we can plug ipods in. VH1 gets repetative.

I cannot wait to go to festivals with you and Ameria... IOW here we come... my brothers think this is the best one by far. Glastonbury is full of yuppies, V is full of chavs and Download is full of nutters [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Egyptian Islamists Don't Want to Put a Ring on It

Sunday October 25, 2009

So it's not much of a surprise that Beyonce is finding opposition in a Muslim country, where tickets are selling for up to $400 to see her perform at a Red Sea resort. What did surprise me was the wording in this Al-Arabiya article:

"Two weeks before American superstar Beyonce Knowles is scheduled to hold her first ever concert in Egypt, an Islamist MP publically blasted the government for accepting to host the event and accused the government of violating Sharia law.

The bootylicious pop diva is set for a government-approved gig at the Red Sea resort of Port Ghalib, irking Muslim Brotherhood member Hamdi Hassan, who slammed the government for allowing a singer 'who appears naked in her clips' to perform, which he said would spread vice.

'The government is trying to make people indulge in sin and licentiousness to cover up the other crimes it is committing against them,' Hassan said in a parliament session.

Hassan highlighted what he called government double standards for refusing to allow an Islamic band that sings religious songs for children to enter the country.

This is not the first time Western pop diva's have irked Egyptian conservatives.

Last year Egypt cleric Khaled al-Gindi decried a performance by hip-shaking sensation Shakira and likened her profession to prostitution but stressed he was sure she was a 'nice person.'"

At the bottom of the story is a note that indicates the article was translated from Arabic for the English-language website. Wouldn't we all love to know, then, how "bootylicious" translates in Arabic? [Big Grin]

http://worldnews.about.com/b/2009/10/25/egyptian-islamists-dont-want-to-put-a-ring-on-it.htm

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islamic critics blast Beyonce on eve of Egypt show
By SARAH EL DEEB (AP) – 44 minutes ago

CAIRO — As Egypt gears for pop diva Beyonce Knowles' first performance in North Africa, Islamic conservatives are branding her show an "insolent sex party" that threatens the Muslim nation's "social peace and stability."

On giant posters plastered across the Egyptian capital advertising the Friday evening concert, Beyonce sports a revealing, flame-covered outfit and grips a set of motorcycle handlebars extending from her hips — a sharp contrast to Cairo streets, where most women wear the traditional Muslim headscarves.

TV ads promoting the show, part of Beyonce's "I Am ..." world tour, have run on Egyptian and Arab satellite stations. The tour, which also took Beyonce to the United Arab Emirates last week, had grossed $53.5 million as of October, according to Billboard magazine.

But in Egypt, Islamic lawmakers and their supporters have waged campaigns on social networking Web sites, accusing the government of encouraging debauchery and calling for the concert's cancellation.

"Why are you encouraging this insolent sex party?" lawmaker Hamdi Hassan from the opposition Muslim Brotherhood wrote in a letter to the government. "You are accused of disturbing social peace and stability, encouraging vice and debauchery."

Another Islamic lawmaker, Ali Laban, called for banning the "nudity concert." A Facebook campaign against Beyonce's concert collected nearly 10,000 supporters.

But the war of words has not derailed the glitzy concert, due hundreds of miles south of Cairo in the luxury Red Sea resort of Port Ghalib. Organizers said "ultra" security will be deployed to protect the thousands of concertgoers.

Beyonce canceled her stop in Malaysia last month following opposition from a conservative Islamic party. Malaysia requires female artists to cover up from the shoulders to the knees and bans any showing of cleavage.

Egypt, the Arab world's most populous country, is torn between a growing secular and economically prosperous class and a large mainly conservative, poor population. The government has been squeezing Islamic conservatives with security crackdowns and administrative measures aimed at curbing outward manifestations of conservatism.

Beyonce's event organizer Ahmed Beltagi said tourism and police officials cooperated to make the concert happen because they believe it's a way to promote Egypt as a center of culture, entertainment and art.

"We are Muslims too ... this will not stop Egypt from hosting an award-winning, first class artist," Beltagi said.

"We should salute her instead of criticizing her," he said of the diva.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jSRS_dOR_BwT_0L576okAAgQISqAD9BPHC5G0

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Exactly as I said ,people are pushing conservative traditions severely !!

Push and push then push!!

Remember what makes a difference is the majority !

Haykel once said"90% of Egyptians are silent majority "

but not anymore ,this country is boiling ,No-one is silent anymore ,people believe in one thing: ISLAM ,They want it ,they want live in it extreme ,or not extreme but people just could not take it anymore ,no secularity ,no more blah blah blah ,people needs Actions ,and some one who can trust .

Let's see what is gonna with the future president (Assuming I will live to the day I see him)

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most hypocritical thing in all of this is, that from what I can see, she isn't "showing off" anymore than what can be seen daily on some Egyptian television shows and on many Red Sea beaches.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
The most hypocritical thing in all of this is, that from what I can see, she isn't "showing off" anymore than what can be seen daily on some Egyptian television shows and on many Red Sea beaches.

Exactly. She isn't going to be naked. I don't think her costumes are all that bad.

And honestly, Beyonce is a great singer, but not that good of a dancer in my opinion. I think her show would be much better if she would just stand still when she sings like she did when I watched her on Lettermen.

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really ironical isn't it. On the same beaches in the area she is going to perform at, are women sunbathing topless...

And if it's anything like Sharm, women who wear a scarf are banned from those beaches... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
^Exactly as I said ,people are pushing conservative traditions severely !!

Push and push then push!!

Remember what makes a difference is the majority !

Haykel once said"90% of Egyptians are silent majority "

[Roll Eyes]
but not anymore ,this country is boiling ,No-one is silent anymore ,people believe in one thing: ISLAM ,They want it ,they want live in it extreme ,or not extreme but people just could not take it anymore ,no secularity ,no more blah blah blah ,people needs Actions ,and some one who can trust .

Let's see what is gonna with the future president (Assuming I will live to the day I see him)

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Beyonce live, in concert, and watched that woman bow her head and thank God, out loud and in public, before the music started.

She has a lot to be thankful for - she's an independent, successful business woman.

No wonder Egypt is terrified of her.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I like how she has been accused of encouraging debauchery... amazing how someone singing a few tunes can rattle a few boring extremists.

Seriously, do they have nothing better to do!!!

My friends said they won't be going cos it is too far away, not one mentioned they won't be going as it is just one big sex party!!!

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
".....not one mentioned they won't be going as it is just one big sex party!!! "

I bet Rahala mentioned this reason. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky2008
Member # 14860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her show was fab....... She rocked......It was really nice and well organized. And all that are looking for political reasons to criticize her show I would just say get a life. And for those who think that she is not covered enough you always have the choice not to go to the concert or watch her on tv or what ever..................

I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH...................

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Glad you had a good time [Big Grin]

and you are SO right... we all have the choice to do or not to do things in life.

for those with issues against her should merely not go and turn the TV over when an advert comes on.

Banning things that extremists don't like denies the rest of the bloody population the option to enjoy it.

I don't like religion but I am not about to start setting up an extremist group to ban it, each to their own [Big Grin]

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay-Z KNOWS he has to share the cake with another guy now. She's bigger than him. It's going to be WAR in that house of polyandry [Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lucky2008:
Her show was fab....... She rocked......It was really nice and well organized. And all that are looking for political reasons to criticize her show I would just say get a life. And for those who think that she is not covered enough you always have the choice not to go to the concert or watch her on tv or what ever..................

GREAT!!! [Smile] Were you able to take some pics??
lucky2008
Member # 14860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky2008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes have some and a small movie. Will try and upload them.....:-)
Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew I could count on DNE!! [Smile]

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=25712

Destination: Beyoncé

By Dalia Rabie and Amira Salah-Ahmed / Daily News Egypt
First Published: November 8, 2009

The in-flight entertainment for Friday’s charter flights did a lot more than get passengers hyped up about their travel plans, it prepped them for their destination: Beyoncé.

With monitors displaying a live Beyoncé show and her songs blaring through the speakers, concertgoers were jetted off to Marsa Alam for a night with their favorite superstar, singing her hits along the way.

This weekend’s concert by R n B diva Beyoncé was about more than brining her music to fans in Egypt. It was also about creating an identity for Marsa Alam’s touristic community Port Ghalib as the country’s concert connection hotspot.

Judging by both the organization and the performance, the resort has no competition.

Port Ghalib, an integrated resort community overlooking the Red Sea, is a maze of hotels, residences and restaurants — connected by nooks and alleyways lined with shops — all centered around an international marina.

And throughout the day, luxury yachts ferried in throngs of Beyoncé fans coming in from nearby countries.

This weekend’s concert set an example local event organizers should follow. Upon checking in, attendees were given a map, information about Port Ghalib as well as a schedule outlining the day’s highlights and their time slots. And lo and behold, they stuck to it.

From the buses that transported guests from the resort to the stage, to the opening act, fireworks and main event, everything ran like clockwork.

We arrived early in the day and there was no dearth of entertainment options to wile away the hours. In near perfect weather, we hit the beach, lunched by the marina, strolled through the shops and even watched as speed boats tore through the sea as part of the ongoing Formula 2 Continental Cup. All the while, the Beyoncé buzz was in the air.

At around 7 pm we made our way on buses to The Island to get a good spot for the show. Security was tight as the platinum (LE 2,000), gold (LE 1,000) and stage ticket (LE 250) holders were let in through different gates — but we all got to stroll in on the red carpet.

Even though we got the cheapest tickets, we ended up being closest to the stage (second row, baby), while the more “posh” concertgoers preferred to be wined and dined rather than be up in the middle of the action.

First we enjoyed the music of DJ Samba, who set the tone by spinning remixes of the latest hits. Then we were treated to an interesting display of art and dexterity by UK act New Substance. Though the act got off to a slow start, it proved to be captivating as dancers showed off startling acrobatic tricks, dangling from large, painted balloons, twisting and turning to intense music and teasing the audience as they floated above us.

And to really get the crowd fired up, an elaborate fireworks show went on for minutes on both sides of the stage.

Even though her promo promised to start the show at “10:30 sharp,” Beyoncé was fashionably 10 minutes late for an anxious crowd who chanted the diva’s name calling for her to grace the stage.

When the star finally exploded on stage with her hit single “Crazy In Love,” her energy instantly reverberated through the hundreds of screaming fans, which comprised a mixed bag of ages and nationalities.

The audience sang along with Beyoncé to hits from her latest album “I Am…Sasha Fierce,” including “Diva,” “Broken Hearted Girl,” “If I were a Boy,” and fan-favorite “Single Ladies,” which was preceded by a medley of YouTube videos of fans — and Justine Timberlake’s SNL skit — doing the popular choreography.

The show also included songs from past albums “Dangerously in Love” and “B-Day,” as well as a nostalgic medley of Destiny’s Child hit songs.

Whether she slowed it down with some of her soulful tunes or kicked things up with thumping beats, one thing was constant: her all-female band and the dancers were right in step all the way through, thriving on the audience’s energy.

Beyoncé’s “I Am…Tour” is arguably her raciest, promoting her third album “I Am…Sasha Fierce,” named after her stage alter ego which is known to be dramatically different from her otherwise sweet-tempered personality. While Beyoncé is more prone to soft, soulful music, Sasha Fierce is all about conquering the stage with ferocious beats and hard-hitting moves.

Four costume changes throughout embodied the theme of her tour, which her costume designer describes as the “duality between being a woman and a warrior.” At one point, her dancers help her turn a white leotard covered with a flowy white robe into a bridal ensemble complete with a veil — one of the show’s many highlights.

Another favorite was a rendition of “Irreplaceable,” where Beyoncé turned the mic to the fans, who took over and sang every syllable right on beat.

She closed the show with an emotional tribute to Michael Jackson, singing a tearful “Halo” for the second time as pictures of the legend flashed across the big screen.

Every tune and every move hit the right note, and we were still humming our favorite songs long after the Beyoncé spectacular came to an end.

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=25700

Couple of pics incl. in the links!!

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K11GJ-9yNqU
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by lucky2008:

GREAT!!! [Smile] Were you able to take some pics??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com