EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » For You Tibe!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: For You Tibe!!
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I will never understand why people always ready to criticze cruelly what Muslims do. [Frown]

I am tired to say religion is obedience, submission, hard to take it 100% rational.

There are customs, traditions, you like it or not but I really find that way of criticism unrespectful since Muslims have reasons to do so. Leave believers with their own faith.

Thousands tones of meats obtained during pilgrimage from the slaughtered animals are sent to Africa from SA.
You know the human mentality, they don't easily donate if there isn't a reason or religious obligations. So at least, maybe once a year, those poor people have a chance to eat meat.

And what about the shopping madness during Christmas? Tones of silly presents. Why don't people donate as much as they pay money for the presents? And also what about those pine trees??Why Christians let their religion to be the slave of capitalism?

How many turkeys are being slaughtered in each Thanksgivings? So only difference for you they are slaughtered inside? Not on the streets?
If you see bloods on the streets, then that's the problem of the local governences. Years before, Turkey was so. But now, because of the strict rules people can't do it whereever they want. Since long time,I don't remember that I see the trace of sacrificed animals during eid.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:

And I will never understand why people always ready to criticze cruelly what Muslims do. [Frown]

I am tired to say religion is obedience, submission, hard to take it 100% rational.

There are customs, traditions, you like it or not but I really find that way of criticism unrespectful since Muslims have reasons to do so. Leave believers with their own faith.

I think it should be obvious that I criticize all unnecessary torturing and killing of animals. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I mentioned unacceptable conditions in slaughterhouses all around the world, and also in Germany. I have criticized those things in my own country long before those things were widely known and before meat scandals became daily news.

So, no, it does not matter if it takes place inside or outside. Have you see movies made inside of slaughterhouses? I have, and it's abysmal what's going on there.

And tradition is not an excuse for cruelty at all. Maybe you should take a look at the video about sheep being exported to the Middle East for the Eid and tell me whether any of the merciless and disgusting treatment of those animals should be excused with "customs and traditions".

Not meaning to change the subject, but FGM, for example, is also a tradition. Does that mean it's right and we should accept it?

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:

[QUOTE] I think it should be obvious that I criticize all unnecessary torturing and killing of animals. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I mentioned unacceptable conditions in slaughterhouses all around the world, and also in Germany. I have criticized those things in my own country long before those things were widely known and before meat scandals became daily news. So, no, it does not matter if it takes place inside or outside. Have you see movies made inside of slaughterhouses? I have, and it's abysmal what's going on there.

Yes you may be criticized all the animal tortures going around the world but my post is about the Islamic tradition part Dalia.
And my post not only directed to you. I remember somebody criticized the halal way of slaughtering animals as well and other criticized the eid wholly.

quote:
And tradition is not an excuse for cruelty at all. Maybe you should take a look at the video about sheep being exported to the Middle East for the Eid and tell me whether any of the merciless and disgusting treatment of those animals should be excused with "customs and traditions".
IMO, this has nothing to do with the subject I mention Dalia. This is an Islamaphobe video using the pitty Aussie sheep. An individual condition within its bad own conditions, releated with the merchants and some cruel people. You should judge the merchants here, first they should prepare the good conditions for exporting those animals. Islam strictly against that way of treating animals. Since my childhood, I have never seen a sheep treated like those in the eids. Local acts don't represent the general.

quote:
Not meaning to change the subject, but FGM, for example, is also a tradition. Does that mean it's right and we should accept it?
FGM is something I heard of on Egypt boards only. Nothing releated with Islam. With traditions, I meant religious traditions. FGM is not a religious thing, it is the disgrace of Egypt.
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is an Islamaphobe video

This video has nothing to do with Islamophobia. It's a documentary criticizing the treatment of those animals during transport and afterwards. It is not made up, nor is it showing isolated incidents.

Is it not allowed to criticize those things just because they are happening in the Middle East? Should we shut up just because those things are happening in Muslim countries?

There have been many protests about the abysmal conditions during animal transports in Europe as well. Are those criticisms Christianophobe?
[Confused]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
quote:

This is an Islamaphobe video

This video has nothing to do with Islamophobia. It's a documentary criticizing the treatment of those animals during transport and afterwards. It is not made up, nor is it showing isolated incidents.

Is it not allowed to criticize those things just because they are happening in the Middle East? Should we shut up just because those things are happening in Muslim countries?

That's how I see it and not has to be same with yours, right? Look at the way how she talks and the way they catch the pittiness in the sheep's eye, beside being an extremist animal rights defenders, obvious that one of the reasons is, they try to provoke hostality against Islam.

And why do you get angry?? [Confused] Did I say that I felt offensive as they criticize Middle Eastern? Look, I feel no connections with the people living in the Arabian deserts, thousands kilometers away from me. So what they do is not releated with the way I see my religion.

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Your edited part

quote:

There have been many protests about the abysmal conditions during animal transports in Europe as well. Are those criticisms Christianophobe?
[Confused] [/QB]

Exactly my point. It s local, not global like the religions. So those animal mercants may only be piece of s**t, not true Muslims (or HUMANS)
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad is the video posted by Dalia!!

so God Damn Sad,I am against the cruel and the facked up treatment some animals get around the world not only middle east .

I defend the fact that these animals are here just for us to eat and enjoy ,and Dalia have the point that humans should not deal with animals cruelly ,

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:
In in Eid Al-Kabeer ,the situation is different,theses animals are to be given to the poor and to be eaten not just killing ,(Muslims do not kill animals as part of any religious festival)

Ok then, it it's not part of any "religious festival" and it is not steeped in some ancient long standing tradition and ritual - why don't we propose that vegetables and canned goods be given to the poor to eat instead of meat. In fact, canned goods actually would last longer unlike the meat which will spoil after a day if they don't eat it right away (because the poor have no freezers).

Or how about dried beans or rice? This would be healthier for them as well.

[Confused]

what is this ?!

We do not KILL Animals!!

it is not killing!!

it is called (Zabh) which could be translated as merciful sacrifice of the animals,

NOT KILLING ,Muslims do not eat killed animals

No matter what y call it - the animal dies in a cruel way and then it gets eaten. A sh!t is still a sh!t eventhough y call it a fancy name.
Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the attention has been taken away from the original subject: Accusations about animal cruelty adressed to the country Denmark. When people should like to blame someone, then they had to blame the Faroer-Islands because it is an autonomous state, and Denmark has no rights to interfere in this particular field. That's a FACT!

By that the question about what is and what's isn't considered to be animal cruelty isn't relevant anymore.

My biggest objection is that this chainmail has been made with another backlaying intention: to accuse DENMARK. When it would be about the wellness of animals, the Arabic countries do have enough animal cruelty in between their own borders. Ahmad took this chain mail as an attack to the country of Denmark, as so many others will do the same, and it has been proved that this doesn't make sense. It's a false accusation, in reply to what has happened almost 5 years ago: the cartoon issue.

It IS a bit childish to keep firing arms to a country because a newspaper from that country published something what has been considered as insulting, isn't it?
It is even more worse to make up false accusations and create a certain atmosphere against that country.

Instigating, it's just stir up people in order to HATE.... By the way, that's not a one sided matter, there are people active on both sides of the matter. If Ahmad wants to be part of incitement: go ahead. If not, then admit you were wrong and the senders of the mail have been wrong. It's a shame ...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on the nail QM. The intension was not facts and a bleeding heart for animals. It was only to pisss on Denmark. But Akmed speaks with the little brain capacity he has. There doesnt live Dolphins in our area and the Faroer Island is not under danish laws and control.

Why dont y just realize that most of the west is PARADISE compared to your sh!thole.
Try again Akmed - go dig for something better.

Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No ,the west is not a paradise
sorry ,and I live in heaven now despite the problems and the disasters we have !!

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what is this ?!

We do not KILL Animals!!

it is not killing!!

it is called (Zabh) which could be translated as merciful sacrifice of the animals,

NOT KILLING ,Muslims do not eat killed animals

What then is your definition of the word kill? Do the animals you mercifully sacrifice live in the end? No they are dead. Here is what the word kill means:

kill1  /kɪl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kil] –

verb (used with object) 1. to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay.

–verb (used without object) 19. to inflict or cause death.

Synonyms:
1. slaughter

To deprive of life in ANY manner. Including sacrifice.

Now here is the definition of SACRIFICE:

Main article: animal sacrifice
Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing of an animal as part of a religion.

Animal sacrifice = dead animal = animal killed

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah created animals for us to eat, if anybody has a problem with that call Him.. toll free. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Allah created animals for us to eat, if anybody has a problem with that call Him.. toll free. [Roll Eyes]

Companionship. Not to eat. I just emailed him.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
sorry ,and I live in heaven now despite the problems and the disasters we have !!

What does this have to do with the topic YOU'VE placed? It's nice that you're satisfied about the country you're living in, but that still isn't an answer to what I've said, Rahala.
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Im a huge meat lover but i do care how the animals where treated. I prefer to buy organic
vegies and meat. Tries to always buy meat that comes from danish or german animals and have been butcher in Denmark or Germany because i knows we have pretty strict rules when it comes to the welfare of animals. I would never buy halal meat because i find the slaugthering cruel and inhumane.

When Gabr moved here we agreed on: no pig meat for him and no halal meat for me and the kiddos. Which was okay because he doesnt care about how the meat is slaugthered.

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:

Thousands tones of meats obtained during pilgrimage from the slaughtered animals are sent to Africa from SA.
You know the human mentality, they don't easily donate if there isn't a reason or religious obligations. So at least, maybe once a year, those poor people have a chance to eat meat.

And what about the shopping madness during Christmas? Tones of silly presents. Why don't people donate as much as they pay money for the presents? And also what about those pine trees??Why Christians let their religion to be the slave of capitalism?

How many turkeys are being slaughtered in each Thanksgivings? So only difference for you they are slaughtered inside? Not on the streets?
If you see bloods on the streets, then that's the problem of the local governences. Years before, Turkey was so. But now, because of the strict rules people can't do it whereever they want. Since long time,I don't remember that I see the trace of sacrificed animals during eid.

I partly agree with y Shaz but the west gives a lot to especially Africa - not only once a year but constantly. We have all the NGO organisations that collect money more or less constantly. Alone - the Red Cross collection in 2008 (in only Denmark) gave 8,90 million euros to AID for Africa. And we are only 5,5 million people in Denmark. That was 1 organisation alone that got that amount from private ordenary danish people.

http://drk.dk/nyheder/temaer/b%C3%B8rned%C3%B8delighed/danmarks+indsamling+st%C3%B8tter+to+projekter

Why shouldnt we once a year be allowed to spoil ourself and our kids with the money we have earned??? Why should we feel guilty of that?

Isnt it soon time for the rest of the world to say to Africa: We cant keep on helping you if you dont soon starts to help yourself. Africa is one big hole where we keep on putting money down and things never seem to get better no matter how many money we sent. Im getting tirred of it -i must admit.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I wonder here is why there's a food chain to begin with?

Why do humans think they are above nature and pull themselves out of sync with nature and out of the food chain?

Difficulty in this arguement that not one person has bothered to mention so far. Somehow I can cough up this post an hour before I am supposed to wake up only because this stupid thread has been on my mind for a few days.

Have you ever seen a baboon eat a chimpanze or orangatan?

How about a hyena attacking and devouring a full grown healthy lion?

Animals that are evolved and display intelligence of creatures at the top of the food chain should not be eaten by a creature of near intelligence outside of its ecological web.

Seriously, humans should not be eating chimps or other high level primates; or elephants, or whales, or lions.

Possibly when man was not such a deviant intelligence form that disrupts food chains as often as we do now. Or a time when man did have to kill a lion to protect his village, or when man was actually starving in the cold tundra winter it went out and hunted whale. That is when there was a reasonable chance that man would be slaughtered by whale (as in entire whaling boats capsized), lion defending itself from attack successfully against a tribesman with spear not an assualt riffle.

Currently inuits in Canada are allowed to seal hunt or go whaling with permit for cultural/spiritual reasons. But its not a hunt with advanced technological killing machines or a unfair technological and numerical advantage such as in the photos posted by ahmad originally in this thread.

THose men in the photos are not hunting whale as their ancestors had, its cheating, its slaughter and its using sonic assualts to confuse the whales into herding or beaching themselves so they are easier to kill.

Japanese do the same in their mass "poaching" of orka. Seriously there is a sizeable difference to a legitimate hunt of large top of the food chain mammals in which hunters might not succeed or survive. Versus actual poaching with ahmad has illustrated.

Sheep, cows, chickens, goats are not top of the food chain creatures they are domesticated.

And stunning, confusing a whale with sonic assualts in which their brains explode and they bleed from the eyes after trying to beach themselves is a poaching technique of Scandinavians and Japanese alike in which their ancestors did not facilitate. Its torture.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I don't know why, but it seems that both sides are not able to understand ( or not willing to understand) cultural and religious traditions and habits of each other. Then both sides are using terms as useless, madness, NEGATIVE opinions.

The West never will be able to better a negative situation in Africa or Asia, because they are looking through their Western glasses. The people in need don't even APPRECIATE it, all the places where ( for example) ever a peace-corps has worked, they never reached their goal,NOT ONE SITUATION HAS BEEN BETTERED, starting from Cambodja to Afganistan. The people spit on them and their way of life, their opinions, their views.

We can notice it on a message board like this, and we can see it on the daily news.

The average African or Asian doesn't have an idea about how many millions there are spend to them, how many people are active to provide active help on voluntairly base, they aren't able to see things in perspective.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

TIBE , as far as I know, the amount of the meats are sent to Africa is about 500,000 tones (I may be wrong) Imagine yourself or your kid waiting for this time of the year as they know there will be something arriving that will fill their empty stomach. We can never know this feeling, as we all leave in paradises when comparing with them.

There are villages in Kenya that are left by the wild animals as they don't find the people good for eating and no water there. (this is what a local villager told us).. And many more dramas are going on there...
If you have had the chance to see what is going on there, you would hate your humanity, believe me...

I respect what you do in Christmas, you carry on what has been taught to you. But we Muslims expect the same for our festivals. Try to remember there are many good things happening in other Islamic coutries, things don't happen everywhere like on the video Dalia posted.

You know if a person is not treated like HUMAN, then how can you expect that he behaves to the animals like it has to be?

Many Muslims are lack of respect to each other and to the animals. But that does not mean all are the same.
I hope we could catch the standards of Europe about respecting. But at least, many good things happening lately. We are learning. And once again, I want to repeat that, not all Muslims are the same, differs from one society to the other..

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
What I wonder here is why there's a food chain to begin with?

Why do humans think they are above nature and pull themselves out of sync with nature and out of the food chain?

Difficulty in this arguement that not one person has bothered to mention so far. Somehow I can cough up this post an hour before I am supposed to wake up only because this stupid thread has been on my mind for a few days.

Have you ever seen a baboon eat a chimpanze or orangatan?

How about a hyena attacking and devouring a full grown healthy lion?

Animals that are evolved and display intelligence of creatures at the top of the food chain should not be eaten by a creature of near intelligence outside of its ecological web.

Seriously, humans should not be eating chimps or other high level primates; or elephants, or whales, or lions.

Possibly when man was not such a deviant intelligence form that disrupts food chains as often as we do now. Or a time when man did have to kill a lion to protect his village, or when man was actually starving in the cold tundra winter it went out and hunted whale. That is when there was a reasonable chance that man would be slaughtered by whale (as in entire whaling boats capsized), lion defending itself from attack successfully against a tribesman with spear not an assualt riffle.

Currently inuits in Canada are allowed to seal hunt or go whaling with permit for cultural/spiritual reasons. But its not a hunt with advanced technological killing machines or a unfair technological and numerical advantage such as in the photos posted by ahmad originally in this thread.

THose men in the photos are not hunting whale as their ancestors had, its cheating, its slaughter and its using sonic assualts to confuse the whales into herding or beaching themselves so they are easier to kill.

Japanese do the same in their mass "poaching" of orka. Seriously there is a sizeable difference to a legitimate hunt of large top of the food chain mammals in which hunters might not succeed or survive. Versus actual poaching with ahmad has illustrated.

Sheep, cows, chickens, goats are not top of the food chain creatures they are domesticated.

And stunning, confusing a whale with sonic assualts in which their brains explode and they bleed from the eyes after trying to beach themselves is a poaching technique of Scandinavians and Japanese alike in which their ancestors did not facilitate. Its torture.

Because that wasn't the discussion.....The discussion was the country Denmark as a representative for animal cruelty....
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Because that wasn't the discussion.....The discussion was the country Denmark as a representative for animal cruelty....

Actually since the Norweigens have discontinued using sonic assualt on their whaling expedititons, its now between the Japanese and the Danes.

The US Navy was heavily bombarded by international press when it did its sonic assualt testing off the coast of Puerto Rico. The entire world stood up and stated that America was torturing sea mammals.

Now why is it different when the Danes use sonic assualt than when the US Navy uses it in "testing" off the coast of Puerto Rico?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:
TIBE , as far as I know, the amount of the meats are sent to Africa is about 500,000 tones (I may be wrong) Imagine yourself or your kid waiting for this time of the year as they know there will be something arriving that will fill their empty stomach. We can never know this feeling, as we all leave in paradises when comparing with them.

There are villages in Kenya that are left by the wild animals as they don't find the people good for eating and no water there. (this is what a local villager told us).. And many more dramas are going on there...
If you have had the chance to see what is going on there, you would hate your humanity, believe me...

I respect what you do in Christmas, you carry on what has been taught to you. But we Muslims expect the same for our festivals. Try to remember there are many good things happening in other Islamic coutries, things don't happen everywhere like on the video Dalia posted.

You know if a person is not treated like HUMAN, then how can you expect that he behaves to the animals like it has to be?

Many Muslims are lack of respect to each other and to the animals. But that does not mean all are the same.
I hope we could catch the standards of Europe about respecting. But at least, many good things happening lately. We are learning. And once again, I want to repeat that, not all Muslims are the same, differs from one society to the other..

Ihave been in Uganda once 7 years ago to visit my 2 sponsored kids. Lovely kids but what made me angry was the lack of rwespect among especially the african mens. 60-70 % is DOING NOTHING but sit in the shadow and smoke all day long while women and kids do most of the work.

I talked with a friend who is and engineering and worked 1 year as a NGO with his girlfriend in Congo and Malawi. He was finished with ever helping in Africa again. His divisions put up waterpumps in small villages so they could
get clean water. The taught the people how to maintain the waterpump. He says that typically when the come back to check 3 month after the pump isnt working and no one has done anything to fix or the "local chief" sells the water to the people in the village. He says they dont do a thing to help them self when they are left alone and that the rest of the world has to carry Africa for eternaty if their attitudes doesnt start to change.
They lived and worked their for 2 years and will never ever go back to work for a NGO in Africa again or spent a cent on any african charity.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I don't know if you've read the first post: We were discussing whale killings on the Faroer Islands....

--------------------

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
I don't know if you've read the first post: We were discussing whale killings on the Faroer Islands....

is this a question to me or to stine?

Because if you are asking me I am well aware that Danes use sonic assualt just as do the Japanese.

The Canadian inuits have brought the sonic assualt to the table as a tool in order to do their own whale hunt but that was struck down.

Now why are the Danes allowed to use such a "tool" in a so-called traditional hunt but the inuit cannot? Because whites told the inuits they cannot and danes don't have a different race in their own country to dictate the laws to them?

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
QM - your right back to the topic.

Akmed trying to put the blame on Denmark for killing dolphins (which is whales as there is no dolphins in our waters) on the Faroer Islands. He is just grabbing straws and has no real brain capacity.
Killing whales are disgusting especially the way they are killed.

Now why is it different when the Danes use sonic assualt than when the US Navy uses it in "testing" off the coast of Puerto Rico?
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] please explain where and when danes usies that?? And please back it up with a source!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Excuse me, but this ( methods to fish) doesn't have a n y t h i n g to do with what's happening on the Faroer-Islands, or have we changed the original content and is it all about what's is wrong about Denmark? First in contradiction with the Arabic world, and now in contradiction to the US???? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

I'm afraid I've lost it here.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe still working:

Akmed trying to put the blame on Denmark for killing dolphins (which is whales as there is no dolphins in our waters) on the Faroer Islands. He is just grabbing straws and has no real brain capacity.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] please explain where and when danes usies that?? And please back it up with a source!

I will find the source.

but lets first take the actual photos from this thread to prove a point:

The pilot whales that are not beached were often stabbed in the blubber with a sharp hook, called a gaff (in Faroese sóknarongul), and then pulled ashore. But, after allegations of animal cruelty, the Faroese whalers started using blunt gaffs (in Faroese blásturongul) to pull the whales ashore by their blowholes. Today, the ordinary gaff is only being used to pull killed whales ashore. The blunt gaff became generally accepted since its invention in 1993, and it is not only more effective, but it is also more humane by comparison to the other gaff. However, anti-whaling groups such as Greenpeace and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS) claim that the partial blocking and irritation of the airway hurts and panics the animal.

Furthermore, in 1985 the Faroe Islands outlawed the use of spears and harpoons in the hunt, as it considers these weapons to be unnecessarily cruel to animals.

Once ashore the pilot whale is killed by cutting the dorsal area through to the spinal cord with a special whaling knife, a grindaknívur. Given the circumstances during a pilot whale hunt, the whaling knife is considered the safest and most effective equipment with which to kill the whales. Naturally since the whales are killed manually death cannot, by definition, be instantaneous. The length it takes for a whale to die varies between a few seconds to a few minutes, with the average time being 30 seconds.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling_in_the_Faroe_Islands#The_hunt

http://www.abload.de/img/killing-dolphins-danf2z.jpg

That whale doesn't look beached.

http://www.abload.de/img/killing-dolphins-danfc3.jpg

if you look at those photos there aren't enough boats to effectively corral a pod into a cove that size. It looks suspicious.

oh and silly everyone calling the Long-finned pilot whale an literal whale, its not is a dolphin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-finned_Pilot_Whale

The Long-finned pilot whale (Globicephala melas) is one of the two species of cetacean in the genus Globicephala. It belongs to the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae), though its behaviour is closer to that of the larger whales.

Like the orca, the Long-finned Pilot Whale is really a dolphin. It is jet black or dark grey with a grey or white diagonal stripe behind each eye, and a large, round forehead (melon). It is sometimes known as the pothead whale because the shape of its head reminded early whalers of black cooking pots.

Personally because dolphins are small enough to be captured they can be studied scientifically to prove their intelligence.

Whales are larger and cannot be scientifically studied, though researchers in the field have comparative evidence to prove that intelligences in whales are equal to that of dolphins.

That being said these "in the field" studies don't make the dolphins any less intelligent.

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I will find the source.

Once ashore the pilot whale is killed by cutting the dorsal area through to the spinal cord with a special whaling knife, a grindaknívur. Given the circumstances during a pilot whale hunt, the whaling knife is considered the safest and most effective equipment with which to kill the whales. Naturally since the whales are killed manually death cannot, by definition, be instantaneous. The length it takes for a whale to die varies between a few seconds to a few minutes, with the average time being 30 seconds.[10]

if you look at those photos there aren't enough boats to effectively corral a pod into a cove that size. It looks suspicious.

oh and silly everyone calling the Long-finned pilot whale an literal whale, its not is a dolphin.

The Long-finned pilot whale (Globicephala melas) is one of the two species of cetacean in the genus Globicephala. It belongs to the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae), though its behaviour is closer to that of the larger whales.

Like the orca, the Long-finned Pilot Whale is really a dolphin. It is jet black or dark grey with a grey or white diagonal stripe behind each eye, and a large, round forehead (melon). It is sometimes known as the pothead whale because the shape of its head reminded early whalers of black cooking pots.

Personally because dolphins are small enough to be captured they can be studied scientifically to prove their intelligence.

Whales are larger and cannot be scientifically studied, though researchers in the field have comparative evidence to prove that intelligences in whales are equal to that of dolphins.

That being said these "in the field" studies don't make the dolphins any less intelligent.

Where does Denmark and sonic assualt belong in all this????
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Excuse me, but this ( methods to fish) doesn't have a n y t h i n g to do with what's happening on the Faroer-Islands, or have we changed the original content and is it all about what's is wrong about Denmark? First in contradiction with the Arabic world, and now in contradiction to the US???? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Yes you lost it because you never questioned anything but ahmad's sources.

Its not a fish it is a dolphin!

and to call a whale a fish is an attitude from "Moby Dick" not 2009.

Before you back up one of your buds online check to make sure your arguement isn't filled with unfactual and untrue information.

Just in a few posts ago people were scream "uncivilized" over slaughtering domesticated animals but its now okay to slaughter a whale in an inhumane manner according to laws of their own land.

Just look at some of those photos the animal's blubber has been gashed long before it was dragged ashore to be "legally" butchered.

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

What does this have to do with the topic YOU'VE placed? It's nice that you're satisfied about the country you're living in, but that still isn't an answer to what I've said, Rahala.
Tibe says I live in shithole ,and the west is paradise so I replied to her ,so it has to do with her post

sorry but what is the question you have said?! [Confused]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will find the source.

As I stated in my intial post I'll have to dig that up.

But I have proven with referencing the photos and actual Danish law governing the slaughter of DOLPHINS that these danish butchers are violating their own law.

I'll get back to you on the sonic assualt issue, but there are not enough boats to force beach almost a hundred DOLPHINS in such an open cove.

Sorry for not having the sonic assualt info for you at a drop of a hat stine, but I have proved that these butchers disregarded their own laws.

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
belong in all this????

from the wiki you posted tibe

The Faroe Islands, sometimes Faeroe Islands, Faroe(s), or Faeroes (Faroese: Føroyar, Danish: Færøerne) are an island group situated between the Norwegian Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, approximately halfway between Scotland and Iceland. The Faroe Islands are a part of the Kingdom of Denmark, along with Denmark proper and Greenland.

The Faroe Islands have been an autonomous province of Denmark since 1948. Over the years, the Faroese have been granted control of most matters. Some areas still remain the responsibility of Denmark, such as military defence, foreign affairs and law.

The Faroe Islands have close traditional ties with Iceland, Shetland, Orkney and the Outer Hebrides. The Faroe Islands were politically associated with Denmark in 1380, when Norway entered the Kalmar Union with Denmark, which gradually evolved into Danish control of the islands, but this association ceased in 1814. The islands are represented on the Nordic Council by the Danish delegation.

so who we should blame for this shameful act ?

Isn't Denmark responsible for their Foreign affairs?!

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
No stine just knows if she blows up a smoke screen and screams "THE WEST IS THE BEST" all the regulars will come in and agree with her without questioning her claims.

The mob rules and logical is out the window.

Doesn't matter if its the west, east, south, or north group think kills a person's ability to ratinalize and objectively think.

Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will find the source.

As I stated in my intial post I'll have to dig that up.

But I have proven with referencing the photos and actual Danish law governing the slaughter of DOLPHINS that these danish butchers are violating their own law.

I'll get back to you on the sonic assualt issue, but there are not enough boats to force beach almost a hundred DOLPHINS in such an open cove.

Sorry for not having the sonic assualt info for you at a drop of a hat stine, but I have proved that these butchers disregarded their own laws.

Lies and false assuptions. This is NOT true:
"actual Danish law governing the slaughter of DOLPHINS that these danish butchers are violating their own law."
In Denmark we are a part of the international whaling commision where we support the ban on hunting different sorts of whales. The ban still stands and we are still a part of it after a meeting on the 25 of june 2009.
http://www.iwcoffice.org/Meetings/meeting2009.htm

Faeroe Islands doesnt belong to EU and is not under danish laws. they have selfcontrol and their own government and laws.

Y can lie till your blue in the face that doesnt turn your lies into facts.... [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

egyptawy
Member # 16718

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for egyptawy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HURGHADA - Dolphin House 2009

scuba diving with 15 dolphins in Hurghada Egypt

Posts: 75 | From: Tegypt.com | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptawy:
HURGHADA - Dolphin House 2009

scuba diving with 15 dolphins in Hurghada Egypt

thank you for these videos egyptawy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if anyone knows me well..they know i adore dolphins..as my name was dolphin redsea.
they were beautiful [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Before you back up one of your buds online check to make sure your arguement isn't filled with unfactual and untrue information.

Just in a few posts ago people were scream "uncivilized" over slaughtering domesticated animals but its now okay to slaughter a whale in an inhumane manner according to laws of their own land.

Just look at some of those photos the animal's blubber has been gashed long before it was dragged ashore to be "legally" butchered.

Okat, we call it whale but its a dolphin. Fine. [Confused] They are slaughtered, nobody denies that. [Confused]
The only thing we deny is that Denmark is the country to blame. Because it isn't Denmark but the Faroer Islands. Denmark has no control in this. they are not decision competent.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

Look at the way how she talks and the way they catch the pittiness in the sheep's eye, beside being an extremist animal rights defenders

What makes her "extremist" in your opinion? [Confused]

quote:

obvious that one of the reasons is, they try to provoke hostality against Islam.

That is your perception, Shah. I simply think the aim is to put a stop to this.

quote:

And why do you get angry?? [Confused] Did I say that I felt offensive as they criticize Middle Eastern? Look, I feel no connections with the people living in the Arabian deserts, thousands kilometers away from me. So what they do is not releated with the way I see my religion.

I am not angry. I just find your reaction strange. You obviously felt offended and you said the only purpose of this video is to tarnish Islam. Yet at the same time you and me both know that cruelty towards animals is utterly un-Islamic. So it would be more logical to get upset about the people who are shown in the video than about the ones who made it. It would be more logical to try to educate fellow Muslims about animal rights than call those who point out unnecessary cruelty Islamophobes.
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Dalia, FYI, I don't get offended. Believe it or not, I don't think my reaction is strange.

Your very first post on this topic that aimed to change the subject and focusing the Eid;
'I just wonder if Ahmad will also start a thread about the cruel and senseless killing of millions of animals during the Eid el kabir , which imo is an even bigger scandal '

And the second
'..There is nothing merciful whatsoever in the way many animals are tortured and slaughtered for the Eid. For me, the Eid is one of the worst days of the year. The cries of the animals, the blood everywhere, all the people celebrating in the face of suffering and killing makes me feel deeply sad and disgusted..'

And then, for supporting your above statements you posted that video, right?. And I told my opinions about the video, and I still believe so. Read the comments of the video please. You will see many different opinions. Some says Muslims do that for their satanic devil rabb they call allah [Big Grin] . And once again I want to say if there are violations to animals during Eid, in different times of the year, there are violations to pine trees and turkeys in other parts of the world.

quote:
So it would be more logical to get upset about the people who are shown in the video than about the ones who made it.It would be more logical to try to educate fellow Muslims about animal rights than call those who point out unnecessary cruelty Islamophobes
I think you haven't read the whole thread. Here is my reply to one of Tibe's post;
You know if a person is not treated like HUMAN, then how can you expect that he behaves to the animals like it has to be? Many Muslims are lack of respect to each other and to the animals. But that does not mean all are the same. I hope we could catch the standards of Europe about respecting. But at least, many good things happening lately. We are learning. And once again, I want to repeat that, not all Muslims are the same, differs from one society to the other..

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Okat, we call it whale but its a dolphin. Fine. [Confused] They are slaughtered, nobody denies that. [Confused]
The only thing we deny is that Denmark is the country to blame. Because it isn't Denmark but the Faroer Islands. Denmark has no control in this. they are not decision competent.

according to the wiki ,denmark is resposible for those Islands foreign policy ,so we should be talking to Denmark not those islands in the UN ,right?!
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the outer world all Muslims are believed to belong to a terrorist organisation better known as Al Qaeda..even if you are Turkish Shahrazat. [Frown] Look how the EU have accepted silly countries like Malta and rejected Turkey because of a civil rights issue, so they say. [Roll Eyes]
We are proud of Turkey's 'one minute man'. [Cool] [Wink]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Lol Dzosser [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And you know what Dzosser? This thread is a quite good example for showing the reason of the lacking of Egyptian and/or Muslim posters on these boards. As soon as we try to show the characteristics of our own culture by our way of reacting (I know sometimes weird), many (thinking alike) posters come and criticize or blame.

Nobody objects Tibe's quite offensive posts about Egyptians and Muslims, yet they prefer to follow Ahmed post by post and almost ALL members run to bash him. And I m sure, most of them are aware that his contardictions are because of his language issues and his being an unexperienced young guy.

Look at Ahmed's thread, it is almost 3 pages, but Tibe's disguisting videos topic had replies from only 3 posters.

I hope there are fairminded people out there who are able to understand my point before getting offended.

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Nobody objects Tibe's quite offensive posts about Egyptians and Muslims, yet they prefer to follow Ahmed post by post and almost ALL members run to bash him.

Exactly ,but I think this is so true ,people just want to spread wring ideas despite the fact that they know it is wrong

for example when I started this thread about the dolphins I knew they were not dolphins but I did not care i just posted it to see the reaction and here we go all people think it as attacking despite the fact I did not attack not I used any kind of offensive language just normal criticizing .

I posted that to prove one thing only .some people here are not rational ,they don't think straight ,everything is twisted and they want it like that ,on the other side when someone comes and INSULTS the whole country and the whole culture I am or the Egys are required to be quite and "control our nerves" even if he attacks,in this thread I did not attack her but posted something that is true after all the foreign policy of these Islands are the responsibility of Denmark no one else,if we go t the UN we will be talking to Denmark not the Islands !

So twisted are some people here!

quote:
And I m sure, most of them are aware that his contradictions are because of his language issues and his being an unexperienced young guy.

I really do not know but for example when I said about Adam

Allah did not say"Do not eat"

but rather said
"Do not approach "

all people said ,contradiction but it is not !

I thought that the difference in meaning is obvious and do not need any clarification but people says oh! contradicting and contradicting and ......the insults began...

Tibe ,and Tina make typos but guess what no one sees any typos except mine !!

no-one makes false constructions except me (now Dalia and Ayisha will pop up and say the usual thing )

I not used to feed people ideas and talk every single idea in so god damn detail ,people must have mind ,even books make typos and mistakes and they correct it ,we are humans

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmad/Rahala,we dont mean typos,but you sure have difficulty expressing yourself in English,and sometimes you give a wrong message or the opposite of what you might mean.
Admit it,nothing wrong with it,you dont master the English language enough as to properly express what you want to.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Ahmad/Rahala,we dont mean typos,but you sure have difficulty expressing yourself in English,and sometimes you give a wrong message or the opposite of what you might mean.
Admit it,nothing wrong with it,you dont master the English language enough as to properly express what you want to.

I admit that I sometimes mess up ,but I will tell you how I do it

I write some sentense then I edit ,then I do not look at the whole paragraph and I then press the add reply button but I then forget that there were a preview button so I go back and I edit it again and so and so ,I do not use the preview button at all ,and the this stupid small white square makes it more difficut to spot the errors ,when I first joined this board I really went nuts about the whole thing(insults ,suspecting ,denying Sunnah ,....)a lot of things which effected the output of course

for example when I said

"quran is part of the preserved board "and the preserved board is complete so how quran could be complete ?!

I thought it was so obvious but it was not !

Maybe I am assuming that people know what I know [Frown]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

according to the wiki ,denmark is resposible for those Islands foreign policy ,so we should be talking to Denmark not those islands in the UN ,right?!
This is not foreign policy. This is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Lol Dzosser [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And you know what Dzosser? This thread is a quite good example for showing the reason of the lacking of Egyptian and/or Muslim posters on these boards. As soon as we try to show the characteristics of our own culture by our way of reacting (I know sometimes weird), many (thinking alike) posters come and criticize or blame.

Nobody objects Tibe's quite offensive posts about Egyptians and Muslims, yet they prefer to follow Ahmed post by post and almost ALL members run to bash him. And I m sure, most of them are aware that his contardictions are because of his language issues and his being an unexperienced young guy.

Look at Ahmed's thread, it is almost 3 pages, but Tibe's disguisting videos topic had replies from only 3 posters.

I hope there are fairminded people out there who are able to understand my point before getting offended.

Are you very surprised when we claim that we feel the same way? It's not because of bad intentions, but my glasses are West-European and yours are Turkish. They are not the same, let's say one is -5 and the other one is +5. Both are glasses, and you can look through both of them, but each of them offers another view.
It is not given to most of us to be able to look through both. Maybe a filosopher could, or a anthropologist, but most people prefer their own glasses, because these are giving the right view (They think!)
You feel this way because you feel a shared value with f.e. Ahmad, or another Egyptian. I can feel shared values with f.e. Tibe, the way of thinking from the Danish looks like the Dutch.
So, I can understand her (-5)as you can understand Ahmad.(+5)
That wouldn't be a problem if both just accepted or respected the different views. But both are claiming that their glasses are giving the only true view....

cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Nobody objects Tibe's quite offensive posts about Egyptians and Muslims, yet they prefer to follow Ahmed post by post and almost ALL members run to bash him.

Exactly ,but I think this is so true ,people just want to spread wring ideas despite the fact that they know it is wrong

for example when I started this thread about the dolphins I knew they were not dolphins but I did not care i just posted it to see the reaction and here we go all people think it as attacking despite the fact I did not attack not I used any kind of offensive language just normal criticizing .

I posted that to prove one thing only .some people here are not rational ,they don't think straight ,everything is twisted and they want it like that ,on the other side when someone comes and INSULTS the whole country and the whole culture I am or the Egys are required to be quite and "control our nerves" even if he attacks,in this thread I did not attack her but posted something that is true after all the foreign policy of these Islands are the responsibility of Denmark no one else,if we go t the UN we will be talking to Denmark not the Islands !

So twisted are some people here!

Can you clarify what are those ”WRONG IDEAS”? Because I don't understand.

”You just posted to see the reaction” and you ”did not attack”? Normal criticizing?? If this is not attacking then I'd like to know what's attacking to you? You put ”roll eyes” and look at the words you use and you say it was normal??? Ok, I know normal has different meanings to all of us, but...gosh.
You think you are not to blame but you fail to see that you are just conributing to this as much as the rest of US are too. And are you implying that we others are posting false information but you are not?

And Egyptians have no issue discussing these matters (except on THIS forum) and I truly do not understand how this forum is always like this?? It is almost impossible to expect a decent discussion here and we are all to blame. How come HERE you cannot discuss anything in civilized manner? Most of the times I really wish I could keep out of here because this forum sure does manage to ruin my day so often.

And was is Shaz that said what Muslims do is so often attacked. I agree it is fewer times that Christians and western world is perhaps attacked on this forum (but still it happens) but do not think it doesn't exist. Unfortunately you see it every day in your own surroundings. It happens just as much as the other way around too.

And Tibe is not doing any better by contributing this/these and I personally just feel stupid and frustrated when answering these because all this is very stupid, yes stupid. Now I go and figure out how I will stay out of here! At least without these fights my days would be better.

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is not foreign policy. This is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy
I know [Wink]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com