EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian beaches- rate them

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian beaches- rate them
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I are always having (good natured) arguments over whether Egypt is better than Australia in this or that. One of the longest ongoing debates we have is whether Egypt has better beaches then Australia. I know that Australia's beaches are always touted as the best in the world, but I honestly don't see how they are supposed to be better then Egyptian beaches? Both countries have white sands, beautiful blue or emerald waters so why is Australia better? And it's not just Egypt, I think Greece, a country that I visited a couple of times, has beaches that are just as beautiful as Australia too. I really do try not be biased and be fair, but so far I see that both Egypt and Australia have equally beautiful beaches.

Of course the Aussies are really proud of their beaches and are always surprised when I tell that I come from a country that has beaches that are just as lovely. I think that part of the problem is that Egypt has marketed itself for years as a country that has a tremendous amount of heritage, but the beaches were never highlighted until recently.

But anyway I am curious to know how other people on this forum rate Egyptian beaches. If you've traveled a lot and have been to many beach resorts, how do Egyptian beaches compare and why and what do you think can be done to improve them?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having travelled Egypt, Greece and Australia I would merrily state I would rather be on an Australian beach anyday. If not just for the cleanliness, lush waves, beautiful sand and climate...the people are so receptive, warm and welcoming.

ISA I will be there again real soon.

Egypts beaches are nothing in reality... they are merely just beaches. I have travelled way too much to hold them in any high regard.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt has fantastic beaches. The only problem is when you book your trip from overseas you will have to sit with many other tourists crammed together on one.

But since I lived in Egypt before I enjoyed non-tourist beaches. F.e. I will never forget my beach experience which I made in summer of '95 in Sidi Abdel Rahman. We stayed at a very secluded and exclusive villa with own private beach no one else around. Everything was just perfect.

I've been to Greece once to Corfu and yeah holiday was great. The only thing I really didn't enjoy was my time at the beach because of all the pebbles. So when you book a trip to Greece check carefully on that.

I've never been to Australia - gosh it seems so far away.

May I add I love the beaches in Florida; at least of what I have seen so far.

Next summer I'll check out Californian beaches insha'allah.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Having travelled Egypt, Greece and Australia I would merrily state I would rather be on an Australian beach anyday. If not just for the cleanliness, lush waves, beautiful sand and climate...the people are so receptive, warm and welcoming.

Egypts beaches are nothing in reality... they are merely just beaches. I have travelled way too much to hold them in any high regard.

That's interesting. But you didn't really clarify why? I mean both countries have blue waters and nice sands. Having lived in Australia for four years now I would say that Egypt has better weather. For example, my hubby and I have been trying to go to the beach for the past four weekends and every time, it ends up being too cloudy and rainy. I never faced that problem in Egypt because once the summer hits you can just count on it being hot. As for the people, well I find the Aussies to be very reserved and not that friendly. Although it is different when you are a tourist. But of course you are entitled to your opinion, thanks for the input [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Egypt has fantastic beaches. The only problem is when you book your trip from overseas you will have to sit with many other tourists crammed together on one.

But since I lived in Egypt before I enjoyed non-tourist beaches. F.e. I will never forget my beach experience which I made in summer of '95 in Sidi Abdel Rahman. We stayed at a very secluded and exclusive villa with own private beach no one else around. Everything was just perfect.

I've been to Greece once to Corfu and yeah holiday was great. The only thing I really didn't enjoy was my time at the beach because of all the pebbles. So when you book a trip to Greece check carefully on that.

I've never been to Australia - gosh it seems so far away.

May I add I love the beaches in Florida; at least of what I have seen so far.

Next summer I'll check out Californian beaches insha'allah.

Oh Sidi Abdel Rahman is beautiful. I know what you mean about non-tourist beaches. I think places like Sharm El Sheikh have become way too commercalised. E

veryone in Egypt is now raving about a place called Sahl el Hashish although I've never been!!!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:

That's interesting. But you didn't really clarify why? I mean both countries have blue waters and nice sands. Having lived in Australia for four years now I would say that Egypt has better weather. For example, my hubby and I have been trying to go to the beach for the past four weekends and every time, it ends up being too cloudy and rainy. I never faced that problem in Egypt because once the summer hits you can just count on it being hot. As for the people, well I find the Aussies to be very reserved and not that friendly. Although it is different when you are a tourist. But of course you are entitled to your opinion, thanks for the input [Smile]
Thanks for the entitlement to an opinion...

I stayed however mostly in Newcastle... After my initial touristic dabblings in Sydney and Melbourne I went to touristic Lake McQuarie... we have a family friend who has lived there since the 60's and we were there for a few weeks.

I was not in Australia soley as a tourist, it began as a business trip and I was not there for the customary fortnight.

I learned to surf while I was there and I enjoyed the Water sports immensley... the only place in Egypt that comes near to such a thing is Moon Beach... which in comparison is a shite beach.

I do go to non touristic beaches in Egypt, as I am not a tourist [Wink] I like the little get aways... please view my Facebook for the last one we visited last month. I am not even sure this beach had a name!!!

I will reiterate, I like the cleanliness of Australian beaches, the lush waves and the receptiveness of the people. Just incase you skipped that line in the first instance.

Personally I do not like mainland Greece, stayed in Athens as a non tourist many times, the only beach I went to there was quite grim but it was also not very welcoming, however, I did like Crete. I liked many regions for their hospitality, beaches etc but New Malia was a hell hole.

Am I really allowed an opinion, do others know this?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Just been thinking about my favourite Egyptian beach... I loved the private beach in Ain Sokhna, the one behind the Golf Hotel... the sand there was beautiful and the serenity was divine.

I like the water in Ain Sokhna if I am looking for calm waters.

Moon beach was the best for the action... also I did enjoy the water in Alex..

The best waters I have swam in have to be in Ghana... I love the ocean life there. The beach was lush, the people were the friendliest I have ever known and I spent many a day laying there watching the world go by.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.perfectescapes.com/Luxury_Hotel-PID1786-Hurghada_Red_Sea_-The_Oberoi_Sahl_Hashish-29868.html

i loved Bermuda beaches although i do love Egyptian beaches especially the one near our house in elQuisier

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian Beach Vacations Part I:

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/beachvacations.htm

See Also:

Egyptian Beach Vacations Part II: The Mediterranean Coast
Egyptian Beach Vacations Part III: Egypt's Mainland Gulf of Suez and Red Sea Coast
Egyptian Beach Vacations Part IV: The Sinai Beaches

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:

Thanks for the entitlement to an opinion...

I stayed however mostly in Newcastle... After my initial touristic dabblings in Sydney and Melbourne I went to touristic Lake McQuarie... we have a family friend who has lived there since the 60's and we were there for a few weeks.

I was not in Australia soley as a tourist, it began as a business trip and I was not there for the customary fortnight.

I learned to surf while I was there and I enjoyed the Water sports immensley... the only place in Egypt that comes near to such a thing is Moon Beach... which in comparison is a shite beach.

I do go to non touristic beaches in Egypt, as I am not a tourist [Wink] I like the little get aways... please view my Facebook for the last one we visited last month. I am not even sure this beach had a name!!!

I will reiterate, I like the cleanliness of Australian beaches, the lush waves and the receptiveness of the people. Just incase you skipped that line in the first instance.

Personally I do not like mainland Greece, stayed in Athens as a non tourist many times, the only beach I went to there was quite grim but it was also not very welcoming, however, I did like Crete. I liked many regions for their hospitality, beaches etc but New Malia was a hell hole.

Am I really allowed an opinion, do others know this?

I went to Newcastle a few years ago, but unfortunately once again the weather was not on our side. On our way back though we stopped at a farm with lots of animals and we literally fed the kangaroos by hand. That's what I love about Australia the nature and the lovely beautiful animals.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com