EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Natasha Atlas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Natasha Atlas
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody listen to her music. I only stumbled on one of her cds recently and I really like her.

I really like "I put a spell on you."

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure,i discovered her music some years ago,and have about 3 of her CD´s.
Haven´t listened to her latest music,though.

Of the ones i have from her,this is my favo,Gedida.

http://www.amazon.com/Gedida-Natacha-Atlas/dp/B00000I7RP/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1258493772&sr=1-6

Also like this song very much,Maktub,since it was featured as one of the main theme music for the famous Brazilian soap opera,O Clone.

On a side note,that has been the most costly soap opera ever produced,on 2001.I got sooo hooked to it i ended buying the whole set of chapters on DVDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI2FTDdDBVI&feature=related

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!!!!She has done soooo many cosmetic surgery to her face is impossible to recognize! [Eek!] [Frown]
Anyway,gonna join her FB fan group.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NATASHA-ATLAS/65819165595#/pages/NATASHA-ATLAS/65819165595?v=info

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love her music and have all of her CDs. [Smile]

This is one of my favourite songs:

Dub Yalil

Also nice:

Marifnaash

Leysh Nat'arak

Ayeshteni

Mon amie la rose

Kidda

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah her music is different. I am sick and tired of the same sh/itty style of Arabic music. The question is why isn't she famous and popular in the Middle East?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
yeah her music is different. I am sick and tired of the same sh/itty style of Arabic music. The question is why isn't she famous and popular in the Middle East?

I guess it depends on what is considered famous.I do think she very well known among her music style,since the fact that she has remained performing and recording music with success is quite enough during this times when the music sale industry has gone very difficult To say it like it is,is not difficult to land a recording music contract this days,the hard thing is to remain selling your music for years.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because the normal Arab world just wants to hear the same shItty style of Arabic music that's why!! [Big Grin]

Wasn't the singer in the hot seat several years ago because of one of her songs (was it "Belaadi")??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Amulet and Kidda. She seems to live in Cairo, her music is recorded in Cairo, but she is mainly popular in France???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Because the normal Arab world just wants to hear the same shItty style of Arabic music that's why!! [Big Grin]

Wasn't the singer in the hot seat several years ago because of one of her songs (was it "Belaadi")??

EXACTLY. I mean honestly Amr Diab literally makes the same song over and over lol and people still buy his crap.

Another band that I recommend is wust el balad.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
She seems to live in Cairo, her music is recorded in Cairo, but she is mainly popular in France???

She lives in Belgium which is where she's born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natacha_Atlas

quote:

They are great. I've seen them countless times. [Smile]

I also like Fathy Salama.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
I like Amulet and Kidda. She seems to live in Cairo, her music is recorded in Cairo, but she is mainly popular in France???

Huh? [Confused]

Were did you get that info from?Read well into her bio's.All about her is well and precisely posted in the info wall of her FB fan group.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Again,QM,you are posting for the sake of posting,just like you did here:

Sashyra8

Member # 14488

Rate Member posted 16 November, 2009 05:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i remember well,Jeanne wasnt married anymore when she lived in Cairo,and didnt marry again,either.

Are we talking about the same book,QM?
Im Happier to Know You,by Jeanne Eck?

[Confused]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:
She seems to live in Cairo, her music is recorded in Cairo, but she is mainly popular in France???

She lives in Belgium which is where she's born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natacha_Atlas

quote:

They are great. I've seen them countless times. [Smile]

I also like Fathy Salama.

Yeah I was happy when they finally released a cd. It's on my ipod now [Smile]

Amr Adeeb featured a new group called "basata," on his show. They are also amazing and a bit similar to wust el balad.

Here's a link about them: http://sosmusicfestival.com/Ba_sata

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com