EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » A blissful evening in - in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A blissful evening in - in Egypt
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting working in my office, Oum Kalthoum in the background, scoffing 2 nutella fateers delivered direct to my door [Big Grin]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dreamy

What sort of Egyptian evenings in do you enjoy?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Ms shanta, om kalthoum and feteeer? Now say that you eat ringa and feseekh and you should get an honoury Egyptian nationality which gives you the right to be tortured and killed without a trial like the rest of us.

Back to your question. I love sitting in the balcony with my friends and drinking mint tea and just chit chatting. Do you know that the name "samar" literally means "chit chatting at night."? That's how much Egyptians and Arabs love talking at night, they invented a word for it! ah wallahi!

By the way what's a nutella feteer? Never tried that.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nutella feteer = feteer filled with Nutella [Big Grin]

http://www.nutellausa.com/history.htm

Nutella = chocolate/hazelnut spread

And now, with much tooting of horns outside, and ululating, a bride has just been carried upstairs to one of the flats - I spied through the hole in the door - I was tempted to go out and say 'mabrouk' but am in only a vest-top so I thought I better not! Furniture was moved in a few days ago now I know why [Big Grin]

I don't know what they'll think when they find out there's no water in the upper flats right now as the pressure is very low.

Fish - bleurgh - no thanks. Sounds like what Vikings eat [Big Grin]

This wedding party are making an incredible amount of noise.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That ululating drives me up a WALL!!! Seriously makes me go mental when I hear it. No idea why. [Razz] But for heaves sakes, it sounds like a war cry. Very irritating.

*ahem*

However... a night in? Love watching movies with the hub and eating some yummy food.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LO I have been practising mine... I seem to just sound like a banshee burning slowly when I go for it [Wink] It is quite difficult to learn.

But watching a woman teaching you in slow motion is hilarious, she focuses so much and we all stare at her tongue!!! Quite impossible not to laugh [Big Grin]

I like Saturday afternoons in the bar with the lads watching the results coming in and chatting about our teams... my fave part of the week.

In general I love Fridays in Al Azhar listening to the Mosques across the City with a cup of Nescafe and not a care in the world [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
basha
Member # 17145

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for basha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have anyone here tried to go to mokattam at night its amazing specially in winter
Posts: 50 | From: heliopolis | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by basha:
have anyone here tried to go to mokattam at night its amazing specially in winter

Yes, I have... I went up with friends and we sat watching the world go by with a mango juice [Big Grin] Very beautiful.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com