EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Black woman wants to visit Egypt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Black woman wants to visit Egypt
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that in certain parts they are not used to foreigners. Will I stand out or blend right in? I am African American.
Posts: 103 | From: America | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you will blend right in ...my good friend lived in cairo for 3 years with no problem, and you will love egypt, have a nice time, i have been 5 times and always looks forward to going back.BTW my friend is also African American [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Chef Mick

what about dating? is it easy or hard there?

Posts: 103 | From: America | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissJennifer:
Thank you Chef Mick

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you Chef Mick

ummmmmmmmm you better ask the single girls...not sure on that one
hey Sash , can you answer that one since your rolling your eyes at her question?

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
Yeah I'd really like to know being that I'm single and would like to date if I'm there as well..
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer don't date an Egyptian guy, this is advice from an Egyptian girl!!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
lol oh why?
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because they are raised in a culture that tells them that they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
lol oh why?

where are you from in the states?
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
yes I'm from the states.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes I'm from the states.

she asked what state are you from in usa?
not if u are from the states.

another american woohoo.if she stays. and u better watch out brits we will over populate yall here in es one day.. hahahaha

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
i'm from michigan
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
welcome to the funny farm ... [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i'm from michigan

cool a hop skip and a jump from me and a few flights from micky
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
i'm from michigan

What are you doing Tina? Planning a get together at MissJennifer's? LOL -You already worked out Mickey's flights and all? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
i'm from michigan

What are you doing Tina? Planning a get together at MissJennifer's? LOL -You already worked out Mickey's flights and all? [Big Grin]
well lets just see if she is worthy first and not some dumb ass that say she sells cows for her egyptian lover.or her dad walks in on her husband having sex with dogs. u know the worst secniaro that we have seen so lets see if she is normal well what we concider normal here isnt much but ooooh well.. y u jealous u want me and micky to take a flight to see u baby??
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hear that in certain parts they are not used to foreigners. Will I stand out or blend right in? I am African American.

Surely you will blend right in. Just attach a dollar note to your fronthead so the Egyptians won't get you mixed up with the Sudanese living there. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i wish you best of luck Jennifer [Smile]
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speechless at Tigerlily comment.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
thank you Chef Mick. I guess I'll find out what its like when I get there
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by unsure:
Speechless at Tigerlily comment.

this is what i mean about new people coming on here...we need to answer their questions and comments without the extra bullshit.its un called for. [Frown]
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
thank you Chef Mick. I guess I'll find out what its like when I get there

When are you coming? Are you just coming for a visit or to move here?
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
I just want to visit. I want to travel and bit and see what is out there...especially as far as men. the dating scene is just dead where I am
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
I just want to visit. I want to travel and bit and see what is out there...especially as far as men. the dating scene is just dead where I am

I can imagine. But just be careful about putting yourself out there as a woman interested in dating when you come to Egypt. You will attract all kinds of losers (some might call visa seekers). "Dating" in Egypt is very different. As it is, just being an American woman is enough to attract the wrong type of guy - even if you never say you are interested in dating.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
quote:

I can imagine. But just be careful about putting yourself out there as a woman interested in dating when you come to Egypt. You will attract all kinds of losers (some might call visa seekers). "Dating" in Egypt is very different. As it is, just being an American woman is enough to attract the wrong type of guy - even if you never say you are interested in dating.
AMEN sista [Razz]
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
quote:
in terms of dating are you more conservative over there?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Jennifer sent you a PM.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Yes. It's conservative here ranging from mildly to extremely depending on where you are and who you ask. However, "dating" in the sense we know it in America does not quite have the same definition here. You will find tons of guys willing to wine and dine you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, because they have learned to do this in order to convince the woman of his undying love (all the while keeping his true intentions cleverly masked). It is hard to sort the truth from the lies sometimes.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:

Just a point of clarification here: Egypt is very used to foreigners in most parts, because tourism is their number one business. Cairo, Alex, Siwa, Luxor, Aswan...they all have hundreds if not thousands of foreigners pass through weekly. However, I would not recommend you stray off the beaten path (say by the Libya or Sudan border) because in those remote parts they are not as used to foreigners.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dating scene within own culture is vast... but most guys here are on contracts from home countries and will tend to have a plan to leave so if that is ok with you go for it.

I can get you in touch with an ex pat circle...

This is a multicultural country... anything goes. But the further into the outskirts you go the more you will stand out.

There is a Michigan guy here and he has been here since 1985, he has no probs living here but he is married to an Egyptian...

Good luck on ya... you will never know what the future holds if you don't let yourswelf experience it.

This country is easy to live in tbh... and yes, I have lived in other countries [Big Grin]

GO FOR IT. Keep in touch

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
The dating scene within own culture is vast... but most guys here are on contracts from home countries and will tend to have a plan to leave so if that is ok with you go for it.

I got the feeling she wanted to date Egyptians. But what you are saying is true as well.
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
i'm from michigan

Where in Michigan are you from MissJennifer? Detroit? I've only been to Michigan once right over the Indiana border - can't remember the name of the town now. Buffalo Springs maybe. But we ate as some restaurant which was supposed to have the State's most infamous hamburger. [Big Grin]
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
quote:
Where in Michigan are you from MissJennifer? Detroit? I've only been to Michigan once right over the Indiana border - can't remember the name of the town now. Buffalo Springs maybe. But we ate as some restaurant which was supposed to have the State's most infamous hamburger.
Yea. It's so dead here.

What is the weather like over there? I am used to it being rather cold where I'm from

also the fashion. I need to know how they dress. I usually wear tight jeans, tight tshirts. Is this appropriate over there?

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Where in Michigan are you from MissJennifer? Detroit? I've only been to Michigan once right over the Indiana border - can't remember the name of the town now. Buffalo Springs maybe. But we ate as some restaurant which was supposed to have the State's most infamous hamburger.
Yea. It's so dead here.

What is the weather like over there? I am used to it being rather cold where I'm from

also the fashion. I need to know how they dress. I usually wear tight jeans, tight tshirts. Is this appropriate over there?

Well you don't have to wear this but again it depends on where you go. In Cairo they are accustomed to seeing tourists in "tight" clothes. Keep your shoulders covered, stay away from low necklines and keep dresses and skirts below the knee. It will make you life easier if you do.

In other areas like Luxor and Aswan you might want to be much more conservative. In Sharm and Hurghada anything goes.

You did not mention when you are planning on coming? It does get cold in Egypt beginning in October and through till March. It is also know to rain sometimes without warning in January and February. Last year was a mild winter, but already it is colder here than it was this time last year. I have already taken out my winter coat and have been wearing it. I'm from New York, but spent the last 10 years in Southern Indiana so of course it's not as cold as that here but be careful about dressing too lightly.

If you plan to go to Alex it is much colder there and during the winter they get some pretty strong wind. If you plan to camp in the desert it gets very cold there at night during the winter months.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Surely you will blend right in. Just attach a dollar note to your fronthead so the Egyptians won't get you mixed up with the Sudanese living there. [Roll Eyes]
Tigerlily thats the funniest thing you have said in the last 5 years on this board it made me grin. [Razz]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
quote:
Well you don't have to wear this but again it depends on where you go. In Cairo they are accustomed to seeing tourists in "tight" clothes. Keep your shoulders covered, stay away from low necklines and keep dresses and skirts below the knee. It will make you life easier if you do.

In other areas like Luxor and Aswan you might want to be much more conservative. In Sharm and Hurghada anything goes.

You did not mention when you are planning on coming? It does get cold in Egypt beginning in October and through till March. It is also know to rain sometimes without warning in January and February. Last year was a mild winter, but already it is colder here than it was this time last year. I have already taken out my winter coat and have been wearing it. I'm from New York, but spent the last 10 years in Southern Indiana so of course it's not as cold as that here but be careful about dressing too lightly.

If you plan to go to Alex it is much colder there and during the winter they get some pretty strong wind. If you plan to camp in the desert it gets very cold there at night during the winter months.

I want to go during the summer of 2010.

I was worried about the weather being from MI. I am used to colder weather, and not too fond of the heat. I get migraines when its too hot out. When you say it gets cool there, exactly what temperature like around 50 degrees?

HiMyNameIs
Member # 17124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiMyNameIs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
quote:
quote:

Tigerlily thats the funniest thing you have said in the last 5 years on this board it made me grin. [Razz]
Didn't you get mad at her for saying similar things to you? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clear & QSY....love the photo..laughed so hard!
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer, this summer my thermometer hit 50 a few times.. the summers in Cairo are around 44 degrees on average.

Most buildings and many taxis are air conditioned so moving around can be easy. Walking is a killer tbh and I love the heat.

Now, I have a duvet on the bed and wear my wooly clothes and I have got my coat ready for the next few weeks. It does get chilly.

My Michigan friend is still in shorts, we know when winter has hit when he wears trousers.

I wear jeans and tshirts... the rule is the tighter the top the more comments by perverts... so if you don't like the comments go baggy [Big Grin] No one has ever mentioned my tight jeans, on nights out I wear leggings as well.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HiMyNameIs:
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
quote:
quote:

Didn't you get mad at her for saying similar things to you? [Roll Eyes]
Other people got Mad at her. I could not care less what she says,but the above comment she wrote here was light hearted compared to what she has posted about other's on ES.
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
safarah
Member # 16845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for safarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please Jennifer,
I beg you. Visit Egypt if you want to see the Pyramids and other sites. Don't go to Egypt to find a man. First of all, they will hound you once they find out you are American....old and young and even the gay ones becuase you can get them a visa to come to America. That is what goes on there. Egyptian men prefer white women. They will deny it but it is true. They will marry a Black American for the Visa but they will not take you near their family and they will not stay with you once they get their green cards. You will be opening up yourself to a lot of heartache. You will probably do what you want to do but write down this date and always memember my email to you. If you marry an Egyptian man you will regret it. Send me a private message if you want some more details and want to talk some more. Go for a vacation if you wish....but be careful. DO NOT MARRY!!! They are liars, bastards and cheats. Stories about Egyptians fooling Westerners are all over this website and the internet.

Posts: 19 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems a bloody long way and a lot of expense to get a date. cheaper and less hassle to pay an escort in USA if you ask me [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
[I was worried about the weather being from MI. I am used to colder weather, and not too fond of the heat. I get migraines when its too hot out. When you say it gets cool there, exactly what temperature like around 50 degrees?

Since Cheeky gave you the temps in Celcius (which most of us in the US don't know) I'll break it down for you in Farenheit. During the summer it pushes upwards of 110 degrees. This can begin in April and continue to early September. A solid average during summer months would be around 102 degrees. There is not as much as humidity as in the States so it's a drier heat similar to that of Arizona.

During the winter months (November - December - January - February - and most of March) it can be in the low to mid 50's. However, it's colder here than it is in Florida in the winter. Here it is a different kind of cold. I don't wear a winter coat in Florida in the winter, but here I have to wear a coat. It also feels colder here than it actually is especially indoors because of the concrete buildings and no insulation. I usually wear a sweatshirt in the house.

Again, Alexandria is much colder in the winter. There it would not be unusual to see people bundled up with hats and gloves and scarves.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
seems a bloody long way and a lot of expense to get a date. cheaper and less hassle to pay an escort in USA if you ask me [Roll Eyes]

Totally my same thoughts,
Ayisha.

Its soo damn ridiculous what she initially posted it sounds to me like a troll. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by safarah:
Please Jennifer,
I beg you. Visit Egypt if you want to see the Pyramids and other sites. Don't go to Egypt to find a man. First of all, they will hound you once they find out you are American....old and young and even the gay ones becuase you can get them a visa to come to America. That is what goes on there. Egyptian men prefer white women. They will deny it but it is true. They will marry a Black American for the Visa but they will not take you near their family and they will not stay with you once they get their green cards. You will be opening up yourself to a lot of heartache. You will probably do what you want to do but write down this date and always memember my email to you. If you marry an Egyptian man you will regret it. Send me a private message if you want some more details and want to talk some more. Go for a vacation if you wish....but be careful. DO NOT MARRY!!! They are liars, bastards and cheats. Stories about Egyptians fooling Westerners are all over this website and the internet.

As well as the above being true you will most likely be treated like crap because egyptians are ethnocentric, racist, narrow minded cunts.

Looking for a spouse here is like looking for a blood transfusion at the HIV+ ward.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote from VB...Looking for a spouse here is like looking for a blood transfusion at the HIV+ ward. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/qb][/QUOTE]

Looking for a spouse here is like looking for a blood transfusion at the HIV+ ward. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhhh lol and so true. In all the years of reading this forum, nobody has summed up the dating situation in Egypt so clearly and in one sentence.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dexter:

Looking for a spouse here is like looking for a blood transfusion at the HIV+ ward. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhhh lol and so true. In all the years of reading this forum, nobody has summed up the dating situation in Egypt so clearly and in one sentence. [/QB][/QUOTE]
thats our famous vb....speaks the truth [Wink]

basha
Member # 17145

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for basha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 50 | From: heliopolis | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com