EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » World Cup 2010

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World Cup 2010
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 days left
Which team will u be supporting ?
I will be supporting Argentina & France
although i am not one of the supportes of the french soccer however my best friend is french and i will be supporting them

hehe will be supporting England vs Algeria

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Big Orange Machine, of course! However, it isn't exactly a hype in Holland right now. People usually are doing everything they can in order to get a ticket, now they don't. The shops are offering all kinds of fanstuff, but not much sales. Travel companies are ofering cheap trips, again, no interest.
Above that Al Queda treatened to commit attacks on the Dutch and the Danish teams, and when this shouldn't be possible: the supporters. I am afaid this WC is going to be a disaster...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I support all 5 African teams (including Algeria) because we were the ones to be blamed for all the differences between us, we are held responsible for having attacked the players' bus in the Cairo return match, and having lied to the public.

Final match will be between one of the two rivals Argentina or Brazil..then maybe Spain or England if they don't screw up as usual.

Very complicated to predict who's the best. [Confused]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also the Dutch, of course!
Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Sudan
What Algerians did is much worst than what we did in Cairo however the unfair FIFA didnt take any actions against them
i would never support Algeria in the World Cup
even from a soccer point of view they are a very weak team . i am sure the maximum the can do is 1 pt

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
The Big Orange Machine, of course! However, it isn't exactly a hype in Holland right now. People usually are doing everything they can in order to get a ticket, now they don't. The shops are offering all kinds of fanstuff, but not much sales. Travel companies are ofering cheap trips, again, no interest.
Above that Al Queda treatened to commit attacks on the Dutch and the Danish teams, and when this shouldn't be possible: the supporters. I am afaid this WC is going to be a disaster...

I hope nothing bad happens ,to be honest i guess Egypt was a better choice to host the world Cup better than SA especially we were going to build 4 more stadiums
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If France win I win 1500le... so I will back them.

Naturally I will back England and I love watching Ghana so they are my glory games.

There is no World Cup fever here, I will miss being in England during this tournament!!!

I foresee danger too QM.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
The world Cup fever here willstart with the begiening of the World Cup however it wont be like England since Egypt isnt participating
I would like to enter Predictions Competition
Any advices?

--------------------
islam

basha
Member # 17145

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for basha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll go for england, Ivory Coast & North Korea.
Posts: 50 | From: heliopolis | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England of course, I also like Netherlands way of playing.

CF I don't want you to lose your bet but I will hate France or Italy to win.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't mind France coming second to England as there is a cash prize for 2nd place.

Well, the Brits here have got the fever even if no one else has yet because we won out first pre tournament match easily against Mexico... the fun has begun.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by basha:
i'll go for england, Ivory Coast & North Korea.

Don't you mean: South Korea?
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I am in Italy when they are playing against Paraguay. I should like to watch the match on a big screen on a square somewhere in Rome. I am going to miss Netherlands-Danmark, at the same date.
Think it will be fun with the Romanisti!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually there is North Korea in the tournament, Korea DPR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_DPR_national_football_team

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
South Korea and North Korea are both in... but if they both do well they cannot face each other till 1/4 finals due to fixtures. (from memory.... itouch is dead)

Ladies.... GOOGLE

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex and myself were on honeymoon in Rome in '98 when the WCF was on Brazil v France. We were staying next to the Trevi fountain and trailed about trying to find somewhere to watch it. Ended up back around the corner from the hotel. Turns out the very quiet bar we passed actually had a massive area through the back and down the stairs [Roll Eyes] A great night was has had [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
South Korea made it untill the half finals once ( under my favourite coach Hiddink), so they have been succesful, that's why I mentioned that perhaps she meant South instead of North.

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
South or North... I don't think either have any chance of reaching the final. There are too many far better teams.
Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all Egyptians supporting England & U.S.A. vs Algeria.

[Smile]

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmad911
Member # 17752

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmad911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far we can watch it here on TV on the ELJAZIRA sports channel , Unless the last minute they will block it , I was watching TV last night and they where talking about it .
Cable here is $10.00 per month , Bad quality picture cause it is all Pirated . They steel all the channels and run cables to your house and every minute a few channels gets scrambled . But hope that we can watch it .
I am with no one I am with the team that is good and proves to the world that he deserves it . I am a neutral person .
Regards and happy watching.
Sam311

Posts: 161 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com