EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Calling experts on TANTA!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling experts on TANTA!
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, need a short outing, does anyone know where to go with kids in Tanta? Any amusement parks or also finer kind of streetds for walking, having a juice or icecream?
Have been once and was great for shopping but we moved in more backstreet, cheaper kind of environment, probably around souk or so. Any "elegant" streets there? Ahooo???

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look in youtube and type tanta egypt shakar and u can kinda see the streets. i have a friend that lives in tanta and he and his wife sent me pics, was kinda cool but i was told its a huge place.

here ya go sweety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrlYD4uZ2Yg

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm you are going to Tanta, girl. No high expectations, please!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] A born optimist, my expectations are mostly high, ehhh, I do live in Egypt after all and believe in a better tomorrow, here?

Thanks tina, web was kind of slow when needed but I shall look at that youtube now instead, with fond memories. Maybe recognise a bit of street even... [Smile]

It appears there is street called El Gueish/El Bahr, big with gorgeous trees and benches in the middle. On that street there is something called a Montazah park! It was closed when we arrived at around 6 evening, but the taxi took us appr 1 km further where there is a kind ofstrip between 2 lanes of street, which is a kids playground. Some lawn! and trees, some sand with the "equipment". Long and narrow - ideal for street sellers. Thus we passed at first a man selling inflatable toys - bingo! Papa shelled out for a horse for the smaller and ball for older (but she later needed a horse, to - naturally!).
And then we passed a stall selling chips and pepsi - bingo again! Papa shelled out, we all sat down and munched and looked incessantly happy! [Big Grin] Except papa who was angry at prices inside park (naturally - who would give away for free in a situation of constrained competition!), well haven't I told him gazillion times that if go on an outing with kids, stop at first "supersize" market and have your pepsis and chipsis with you from beginning.

Then we played at slides for about 5 minutes and played ball for 2 minutes and were ready to leave, as papa apparently was not going to make 2nd rounds at the pepsi stall.

Ther was an Egyptian family with a veru energetic crawling baby near us - no problem at all to cover 20 m in half a minute for that baby! so I was constantly afraid when playing ball I will step on that baby appearing from nowhere! Anyway, that baby loved the horse that our younger one had. We let it fiddle it a bit but then mama thought it is more appropriate she go and purchase one for the baby. Now the horse the baby got was PINK, and what our junior had was ORANGE! (not her favourite) You should have heard the noises junior was making when the baby passed with the new horse - quite the noises of a very dissatisfied fullbred Arab horse [Big Grin] . We went changed the horse before it developed into a bigger trouble, and left the park with 2 PINK horses and 2 very happy young ladies w us.

Thank god in this age and in Egypt it does not cost a lot! [Smile] (like: we are the only family I know not providing Dora the Explorer photocopy birthday cakes to our senior, etc. She does not know to ask for one!)

Then there were some shopping streets, I have to say Tanta is HUGE compared to Shebin and shopping is simply endless there. Lots of Talaat Harb area kind of shopping. Though prices if possible even more high. Though also lower - I bought an adorable plain watery pink "kuperta" i.e. cotton bedcover for 32LE. Here around we have only the ancient patterened ones, or superluxury superexpensive ones for bridal trousseaus. And an apparently off-export t-shirt for an European or US brand for 12LE, salmon pink full cotton, nice design, and big fluffy bath towels for 25LE each, nice earthy brown, beige and natural tones, TOTALLY decoration-free. This is the kind of production that is mostly missing in Shebin though not in Cairo, of course.

And then we fought the urge to go enjoy the famous cafe there selling softy ice cream from machine, as papa was fasting and not in the best humour, having had to suffer the shopping street. [Razz] So instead we took a taxi and thought we'd head for KFC or similar we had spotted on el Gueish, but the driver recommended a fish restaurant "by the sea", in reality a typical Egyptian food place at the other end of town, perhaps near a smallish canal (because the air around was fresh, smelling of water). Typical simple but fresh fare, adorable brown rice, slightly overpriced but . hey who eats out in a fish rest. in Tanta who has no money to flount! (I guess) My junior ADORES fish and her hand moved so fast betw plate and mouth that the guys working there laughed so much and in the end they inisted to offer us free pepsis or something.

So all-in-all and considering 2 hours was all we needed to spend, and we spent nearly 4 - enough!

But it is a pity that still walking around is kind of complicated almost in ALL Egypt except for resorts, esp. with kids, because shopping streets are narrow and w lots of traffic, and the el Gueish kind of "boulevards" are also with traffic and sidewalks are a constant stepping up-stepping down-rounding a car-stepping up-stepping... etc. So we did not choose to walk there although it was wide and green etc.

Next time we'll go the easier way to Banha, I think, and walk some by the river there and go to the club where kids can play, full stop. [Smile] Here we do have the Corniche of course but it is indeed the street of worst worst traffic (and then air) in the whole Shebin.

Thanks for your best empathy, Tiger and tina! [Smile]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanta, Is coinsiderd teh City number on in the country side of Egypt , I do visit Tanta alot in my visits to EGypt as I have properties there , I have not seen all your post but in the first line you mentioned Elbahr street , yes it is ncie one to go there for shopping it has nice MALL full of shops and rsturants , I have ben there many times, also if you gotoward ELBADAWY Mosque,where you pass by ELSA3H Square) you can find HALWAYAT MASR shope ( AKA Abdelfatah Marzouk) you wil findtehbest ever sweets in Egypt , also there is TANTA Club, I have not entred for almost 25 years but it used to be good place to sit and havenice time and good ground for kids.
You are 14 KM I think from elmahalh , whichis another big city and you canhave many big streets to visit

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Hm you are going to Tanta, girl. No high expectations, please!!! [Big Grin]

Have you've been to Tanta? no you haven't.

I have driven through there a handful of times but haven't stopped.

Last few days of my trips is when we go over a long list of items to bring back to the USA and half of the items that are hard to locate often are found in Tanta.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well let me get this straight, Amy Johnson , you have been once to Egypt to drop off your daughter seven years ago and that makes you an EXPERT on everything Egyptian?? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

What you gonna do for her upcoming birthday as it doesn't look like you gonna be there with her again, LOSER_MOM?? It's a shame that you have to make up lies on this forum instead of just admitting there is no more connection between the both of you. But keep on living in Dreamland and believing in your pipe dreams - that's all what you will ever have. I understand that you are bitter to all of us here who actually succeeded in life.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Well let me get this straight, Amy Johnson , you have been once to Egypt to drop off your daughter seven years ago and that makes you an EXPERT on everything Egyptian?? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

What you gonna do for her upcoming birthday as it doesn't look like you gonna be there with her again, LOSER_MOM?? It's a shame that you have to make up lies on this forum instead of just admitting there is no more connection between the both of you. But keep on living in Dreamland and believing in your pipe dreams - that's all what you will ever have. I understand that you are bitter to all of us here who actually succeeded in life.

Excuse me you have lied about nearly everything in your life.

Its been a month or so where are the new pics of your new Haitian children along side your 4 ignored biological children?

Come on here, cough up the new photos, or were you making it all up just to gain sympathy and get a few congratulatory Private Messages?

And if you would, stop the smuckers act and forget about my child's birthday.

its a beautiful thing that your hubby is now retired and your family cannot indulge in those free plane tickets anymore for a vacation. Once in Egypt is enough for you.

Come on where is the Haitian children photos?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sono, if she doesnt match your fantasy life you have made for her it doesnt mean she is lying, it means you are.

i have seen the pics [Big Grin] not seen even one of your daughter though Amy, have you recently?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
sono, if she doesnt match your fantasy life you have made for her it doesnt mean she is lying, it means you are.

i have seen the pics [Big Grin] not seen even one of your daughter though Amy, have you recently?

Valerie Warner,

Have you any photos of you and your hubby since you signed the Orfi papers?

How come in 3 years not one single recent photo of your love interest and you has been taken?

I am not denying he shows up at your flat from time to time but why did he invest emotionally in the beginning and after he got money his attentions has waned?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Valerie Warner,
yes Amy Lynn Johnson? [Big Grin]

quote:
yes of course

quote:
How come in 3 years not one single recent photo of your love interest and you has been taken?
How come you think that? Many have been taken, many more than photos of you and your daughter together. My son took so many when he was here I had to burn to a DVD as a CD wasnt enough space [Big Grin]

quote:
I am not denying he shows up at your flat from time to time but why did he invest emotionally in the beginning and after he got money his attentions has waned?
he got money? [Confused]

His attention hasnt waned a bit, I sometimes wish it would as im knackered most of the time [Razz]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Valerie Warner,

quote:
yes of course

quote:
How come you think that? Many have been taken, many more than photos of you and your daughter together. My son took so many when he was here I had to burn to a DVD as a CD wasnt enough space [Big Grin]

quote:
he got money? [Confused]

His attention hasnt waned a bit, I sometimes wish it would as im knackered most of the time [Razz]

if you were that happy you wouldn't have so much aggression to come on here and "battle" as you so aptly put it.

And you wouldn't have time to battle, does he really sit there and wait while you do your battling on ES?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Valerie Warner,

quote:
yes of course

quote:

quote:
he got money? [Confused]

if you were that happy you wouldn't have so much aggression to come on here and "battle" as you so aptly put it.

And you wouldn't have time to battle, does he really sit there and wait while you do your battling on ES?

The aggression is yours Amy and the battle is what you are here for, all im doing is answering your inane questions. Why would I not have time to be here if I was happy according to you? that doesnt make sense and by that logic you must be very unhappy.

He is out at the moment if thats ok with you, make whatever you wish out of that info. You want me to post when he comes back, what he stips down to and what he watches on TV when he gets back? [Razz]

I must be getting old, you are boring the tits off me Amy [Big Grin]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
If I am boring you why not just not respond to my posts?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz why not get off the pc and call your daughter? [Wink]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz why not get off the pc and call your daughter? [Wink]

Why don't you get back on your medication?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why don't you get back on your medication?
lol, don't need it Amy, my shrink helped, your 2 couldn't [Big Grin]
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Hi, need a short outing, does anyone know where to go with kids in Tanta? Any amusement parks or also finer kind of streetds for walking, having a juice or icecream?
Have been once and was great for shopping but we moved in more backstreet, cheaper kind of environment, probably around souk or so. Any "elegant" streets there? Ahooo???

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is from Tanta and I lived there with him for 2 years. There is not a ton of things to do there but you can try MeyerPark on the outskirts of Tanta. It is a little amusement park and there is a restaurant attached to it with good food and drinks. Go to Opera if you get a chance. (Bahr St.) It is a fairly nice place to eat and see a wedding from the upstairs balcony.
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Well I see "nevermind" has already been there and well Nevermind LOL Hope you had a good time.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com