EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Time Change

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Time Change
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant find the other thread so made a new one.

The clocks in Egypt go back tonight, not on Tuesday as thought. Most sites that tell time dont say this and stick to Tuesday night but as in UK always changes time on a Saturday night as Sunday is a day of rest, here Friday is a day of rest so change is tonight.

http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/time_in_egypt_right_now

Extra hour in bed [Big Grin]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are exactly right [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure?

Internet sites might be wrong - originally it was going to be last night then the Minister changed it.
BBC changed it yesterday morning (Thursday morning!) and were wrong before (didn't put them forward for nearly a week after they went forward!)

Can someone call 150 from a landline and listen to the speaking clock? I can't hear what she's saying for the hour, just the minutes!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nile FM - Weekend Wakeup just started and the official start time for that is 8am which means in NileFM land clocks haven't gone back!
They didn't give out a time check.

PS - I just put Nile News on the TV and it's showing 8.16 (ie clocks not gone back).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Here's the link to the original Al Masry Al Youm article saying they were going to change on 10th and back again after Ramadan.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/news/clocks-go-back-during-ramadan-and-then-forward-again

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BBC News world clock on the TV changed at 1am.

Ah well.. lucky it is a weekend... otherwise it could have been mayhem.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

They must have changed the clock back and forth in the day then because it was definitely showing the wrong time this time yesterday morning.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
It was last night as well, that is what I am saying. I only checked after reading this.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

The one I mean is the one on BBC World?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
BBC World on TV, yes. I switched over last night to check the world clock and Cairo had gone back an hour.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so we still dunno what time it is LOL, only in bloody Egypt eh [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, what time IS it here in Egypt? I have to meet someone later. [Confused]
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
no idea! it could be 3.30 or it could be 2.30

knowing here it could even be 4.30 [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

It's normal time Moning, clocks have not changed.
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still confused. It's me I think, I've spent the last half century putting clocks forward when they should go back or forgetting altogether. Freaks me out, and now we got 4 time changes a year! So ... my watch says 12:14 Is that ok? Am I in a time warp?
Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Anyone flying to or from Egypt for the next couple of months better double check flight times!

I'm flying on 18th August and the European airline concerned called me yesterday to say my flight departure time from Cairo has been brought forward by an hour. Obviously they weren't expecting DST to end anyway! And obviously, my arrival back in Cairo - all else being equal - will be an hour EARLIER than it says on the ticket!

shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone read stars??? sundials? compasses?

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
time change will be wednesday

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Anyone flying to or from Egypt for the next couple of months better double check flight times!

I'm flying on 18th August and the European airline concerned called me yesterday to say my flight departure time from Cairo has been brought forward by an hour. Obviously they weren't expecting DST to end anyway! And obviously, my arrival back in Cairo - all else being equal - will be an hour EARLIER than it says on the ticket!

wow thanks for saying that ...i just got an email stating that my itinerary has been changed...not coming but going home, ill get an extra hour with the family [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes Micky if you are travelling between midnight on 10th August and midnight on 9th September - and I wouldn't mind betting there'll be chaos between 9th Sept and 30th Sept because who expects the clocks to go forwards again?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am flying out the 29th of sept to go back to the USA...that was the only thing that changed..flying in on the 6th of sept..no change at all...will be arriving at 3:15 [Cool]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com