EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Immigration to the UK - points system

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Immigration to the UK - points system
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dare you to do it and see if you would qualify!

Despite me having doctorate, having been on a jolly decent salary before I left the UK and being a native English speaker, I wouldn't get enough points to immigrate!

(Naturally, I get nul points for age [Frown] I thought there were laws about age discrimination in the UK now?)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Reminds me of the Citizenship test. If you can actually pass it, you must be a foreigner because true Brits certainly won't! [Razz]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really hard!
Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I failed [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The points test or the citizenship test?
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Dear Mr Cameron,

Here's an idea for you to save loads of money and get rid of all those people in the UK descended from Johnny Foreigner Vikings, Romans etc.

Make everyone already living in the UK take the Citizenship Test and do the Points Test and boot everyone who fails out on to refugee ships to be moored off Canvey Island barred from (a) working (b) claiming benefits.

When they're all dead, you can sink the ships at sea saving on funeral costs, and then you can start again with a nice clean fresh population of people who do pass the Citizenship and Points tests.

They will of course all be non-native Brits.

Yours sincerely

D. Lee. Mail

shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Shanta - i have always wanted to be buried at sea.

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope don't qualify [Frown] 65 out of 80 points
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont qualify either! LOL! 100 points.

--------------------
MRS HASSAN

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com