EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 23rd October Pyramids - Race for the Cure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 23rd October Pyramids - Race for the Cure
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bcfe.org/en/view.asp?SecID=117

Breast Cancer Foundation of Egypt

Pyramids, 23rd October, 8am I think! 1.5km (1 mile) 'race' (or walk [Razz] ), 25LE to join - unless you turn up on the day when you have to pay full entrance to the Pyramids area.

A couple of us are thinking of putting in a team. We're going to go and find out on Tuesday what we have to do.

Make your own team, join our team, whatever!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a thread for this couple of weeks ago... there was very little interest which is a shame. Only one other person said she was interested [Frown]

I will go buy my t-shirt in CS this week.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh sorry CF I didn't see it.
Maybe the one other is still interested.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea but I will be there [Big Grin]

And I am going to be a runner this time.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this. Going to see about participating.

Will probably try to get hubby and female relatives to participate as well, but if not, open to joining a team from ES if there will be one. [Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Ha went with a friend to find the booth purporting to be at HyperOne for registration - no sign of it and Customer Service, Security noone knew (and the other girl is Arabic by the way so it wasn't my questionable linguistic skills!)

CF did you register at CS - is there definitely a booth there?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Let me know how you get on with your team LovedOne, maybe you can join our team if you can't bludgeon - I mean nicely persuade - anyone to join you! You live Haram/faisal area don't you?
We haven't found out how to register a team yet though owing to Hyper1 not having a clue!
PM me if you prefer.

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you look at the Form a Team page
page, this is what it shows:

quote:
Distribute registration forms to help your friends and colleagues your team. To form a team call/ 23644422

Please download create team file (there's a link)

and send it to BCFE Office at 33 Kasr El Aini Street, Suite 25, Floor 7, Fom El Khalig- Cairo 1141

HOWEVER, this is what I found on the faq page:

quote:
You can call the team coordinator at BCFE office at 0121127788 phone: (202)23644422 to get the necessary documents for forming teams or download the kit through BCFE website www.bcfe.org

You should fill in a form of team members with contact information, size of t-shirt, fees and age. Also you need to collect registration forms signed from each member and deliver them to BCFE office.

Can I collect fees from my team members?

Yes, but you have to sign a small agreement with BCFE that you are allowed to collect fees from your team members and receive the necessary documents for forming teams.

Can I copy the registration form or download it from website?

Yes you can, but it will not be accepted as a Race registration form unless you have the original form signed by the participant.

Forming a team sounds like a bit of a project to be honest if you have to gather the individual signed forms, to say nothing about getting the money. I'm sure it can be done though.

Hubby agreed to go but not sure about any of the rest of the family. Would still be nice to meet some friendly faces there. [Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Registration is in the Cilantros - a friend just went and registered hers today at Hyper1 Cilantro. Apparently the deadline for registering in a Cilantros is 15th October.
She said it was 25LE and the teeshirt is included.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Bump - The event takes place on Saturday
rockytsang
Member # 18290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockytsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to be called.Topeka, Kan., <a href="http://www.chanel-necklace.net/replica-Dior-Jewelry-98-b0.html">dior jewellery</a> Kan., is one of at least 30 <a href="http://www.replica-scarf.org">hermes scarves</a> 30 communities across the United States that <u><a href="http://www.chanel-necklace.net/replica-Chanel-Jewelry-53-b0.html">fake chanel jewellery</a></u> that has commissioned
Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com