EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » scientific job hunting in cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scientific job hunting in cairo
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,after receiving MANY lectures from my professors about job hunting early I have decided to start looking for a job in Cairo now.
I graduate my Bsc Biochem and Genetics course next Juneish and am moving to beautiful Egypt soon after.
Does anyone have any advice on how to hunt for a job in the Biochem or Science sector in Cairo? or and International companies that are there, not having much luck online [Frown] Thanks in advance!

Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well not exactly biochemy but I know of someone who is opening a new "sandwich" joint and looking for someone to manage it as well as come up with a sandwich, soup and salad menus and possibly juice.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephie_ELH:
Hi everyone,after receiving MANY lectures from my professors about job hunting early I have decided to start looking for a job in Cairo now.
I graduate my Bsc Biochem and Genetics course next Juneish and am moving to beautiful Egypt soon after.
Does anyone have any advice on how to hunt for a job in the Biochem or Science sector in Cairo? or and International companies that are there, not having much luck online [Frown] Thanks in advance!

Contacts the britsh embassy, ask them to send you a list of britsh companies operating with egypt. this list I remember had pharmacutical companies on it. They will email ou it directly.
Also apply with Galaxo-klien.... I think thats how you spell, but generally you need to be here to job search..you might not get so many replys while your not in the country.

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try contacting the Faculty of Science at Cairo University and see what their advice may be.

http://www.ibic-egypt.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=73

Check this out too... you may like this, nothing to do with a job search but details the 1st international biotechnolgy innovation conference here in Egypt in Nov.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

You could try contacting the Faculty of Science at Cairo University and see what their advice may be.

I would also contact AUC and GUC.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Hassan:

Also apply with Galaxo-klien.... I think thats how you spell

GlaxoSmithKline [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contact Dilemma. Perhaps she can give you some advice. Good luck.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=019709;p=1#000004

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukthoughtful
Member # 17000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukthoughtful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go for the pharmas and any chem/eng related companies/agencies. I have seen a few positions however most seem to be either complete entry level or quite senior positions.

They do exist you jsut need to look for them and/or be willing to settle for something which isn't exctly what you're looking for. I can't see the unis being all that helpful in this particular scenario and would stress that you try to find something before arriving. However all is not lost if you arrive and then look, so don't give up.

Given that it's fairly far off (next Summer) perhaps you could try and secure an internship/placement in the UK before you go out. So many angles, as long as you cover them all you will be fine!!

Good luck!!!

Posts: 71 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for all the help, Im waiting for replies from Embassies in Cairo (US and UK as Im dual) ...am still searching! [Smile]
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukthoughtful:

I can't see the unis being all that helpful in this particular scenario

I thought they might be helpful because a) they have carreer centers for their students and b) they might happen to have a job opening in their respective faculties ... worth a try imho.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click >>>>> here .. good luck [Wink]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com