EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where can I get excellent quality colour prints?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can I get excellent quality colour prints?
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some documents that need printing out, and I am wondering where in Cairo I could get colour laser printing done direct from a flash-key (USB thumb drive thingy).

(For those who don't know, it is illegal for individuals to own colour laser printers here without a licence).

Am fed up of splodgy colour inkjet prints.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an HP Deskjet I bought here that does beautiful prints if you use the proper ink, no splodges.

Try the photo places, the ones that print the wedding pics.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kwik Kopy is good. Don't think there is one in your vicinity though.

Also, there are small xerox stores all over Cairo. All of them can print from a flash-key.

You have to make sure though that they print it exactly the way you want because often they don't. I keep getting printouts from my students that are wrongly scaled or otherwise not printed the way they should be. So it's best to not just hand them the document but actually sit with them while they print it.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Ayisha - what model HP Deskjet?
@Dalia - thanks will keep eyes peeled!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HP Deskjet D1663
But ink runs out fast, have not printed on photo paper though, just A4 brochure types, pic quality is good though, no splodges. Found splodges occur when using 'compatible' ink or refilled ink.

As the photo shops do colour prints regular you might find that best, depends what you're printing I suppose.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Well I'm planning on getting a cheapish b&w laser for most of the stuff I want to print - replacement inks for my colour printer are no longer available (not even in the UK) so I have to use compatibles.
Maybe I'll consider buying a new colour printer as well for when I need colour.
Lesson learnt (about 3 times now - here and in the UK) - if you see a good deal on printers in Asdas or Hyper1 then it's probably because you aren't going to be able to get refills anymore!
I was looking at b&w lasers in H1 and I said I'm only going to buy one if I can walk out the shop with 3 toner refills at the same time and they had NONE to fit the models they had in!

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shanta

If I remember correctly there are some Kodak places around. There is one in Maadi that we've used before to get prints, on north side of Al Nasr street just off Autostrad. http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=29.97615,31.284953&spn=0.002533,0.003465&z=18

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a Kodak 5250 for £80. You pay £15 for an ink set of one black and one colour (colour is all in one block not separates). That's for branded cartridges. It's wireless so I was a bit apprehensive, but it took all of 15 minutes from unpacking to printing. Prints are very nice and that's on unbranded paper. They are pretty hard to get hold of here now as virtually everywhere has sold out because of a big ad campaign, but if you were looking to get one in the future I recommend them

All the new Kodak printer ranges take the same cartridges so replacements shouldn't be a problem [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just bought a HP 2050 from Compume for 279le. The refills are readily available.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com