EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Working during studies … and modeling ;) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Working during studies … and modeling ;)
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, I think the liberation of Egypt not to mention all those unnamed Egyptians who were murdered, tortured and are still missing that make up the bigger picture, but it's reassuring to note that you do have a good word for someone.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amoun over the moon
Member # 18587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amoun over the moon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amoun over the moon:
Hmmm, I hope that's not too complicated.

Unfortunately it seems my argument did turn out to be too complicated for some. I honestly don't mean this in any derogatory sense. I do sometimes tend to discuss issues on a rather abstract level, which might not always be to the liking (and dare I say understanding) of some people. Again no offence intended, in all honesty.

Let me be absolutely clear. I wasn't talking about any particular individuals, professions, cultures or incidents. I was talking on a very abstract level about what I regard as a fundamental issue underlying Tareq's comments and some people's response to them, as I understood it.
The issue being how certain things are regarded as acceptable in one culture and not so in another. I gave prostitution and incest as examples. This does not mean that I condone either.
I don't know anything about the incident refered to and quite frankly, I'm not interested in it because there were other far more important things (in my view) that happened in Egypt at the time. I'm sure the incident is more important to some, I have no problem with that.

I have no interest whatsoever in getting into fights with anybody here. That's why I deliberately avoid replying to any derogatory remarks, meaningless suggestions or irrelevant questions.
I'm only interested in mature intellectual discourse. Anything less is just not worth my while.

Peace

Posts: 56 | From: Da moon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Again, I think the liberation of Egypt not to mention all those unnamed Egyptians who were murdered, tortured and are still missing that make up the bigger picture, but it's reassuring to note that you do have a good word for someone.

Actaully there's another thread for that.

If you have something new and factual to contribute along the lines of the revolution go ahead and post to that thread.

Dalia started this thread in order to not contaminate a thread in which is supposed to be about the revolution.

You are more than welcome to contribute your rumor mongering but be prepared to be questioned and confronted on that behavior.

I did notice how Tareq came on ES very quickly to discuss the revolution and had more energy and enthusiasm to discuss how he felt the brutal sexual assault of a female western journalist was deserving.

Needless to say you matched his enthusiasm to tar and feather a Lara Logan in a similar manner that Tareq had.

Possibly after free and open elections, the unemployment rate among young men lessens, flats and other marriage costs plummet and civil liberties flow through Egypt like the nile; there will still be young Egyptian males with enthusiasm and a value system that mirrors your own. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
[qb] If a UK, or other, newspaper printed libelous material about Lara Logan, then they would have been whipped off to court quick smart, they weren't, therefore it seems it is true.

RIght now Lara Logan is in the USA, and she's recovering.

Why would someone who has just been brutalized bother with suing?

I knew you hadn't read the links Monkey posted, check the date of the first one, she had plenty of time to do something if it wasn't true. It was printed almost 3 years ago.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what Sono? I don't wanna [Wink]

Life's too short for this nonsense - Amoun is right.

Take care now. Nightie Night [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Hmmm, I hope that's not too complicated.

Unfortunately it seems my argument did turn out to be too complicated for some. I honestly don't mean this in any derogatory sense. I do sometimes tend to discuss issues on a rather abstract level, which might not always be to the liking (and dare I say understanding) of some people. Again no offence intended, in all honesty.

Let me be absolutely clear. I wasn't talking about any particular individuals, professions, cultures or incidents. I was talking on a very abstract level about what I regard as a fundamental issue underlying Tareq's comments and some people's response to them, as I understood it.
The issue being how certain things are regarded as acceptable in one culture and not so in another. I gave prostitution and incest as examples. This does not mean that I condone either.
I don't know anything about the incident refered to and quite frankly, I'm not interested in it because there were other far more important things (in my view) that happened in Egypt at the time. I'm sure the incident is more important to some, I have no problem with that.

I have no interest whatsoever in getting into fights with anybody here. That's why I deliberately avoid replying to any derogatory remarks, meaningless suggestions or irrelevant questions.
I'm only interested in mature intellectual discourse. Anything less is just not worth my while.

Peace

No you meant what you said, don't try to be polite after a useless insult.

A mature intellectual discourse doesn't revolve around reaffirming your views and beliefs.

People who are mature and intellectual can handle people with differing views and solid information to valid their views.

Only a belligerent child expects others to agree with them at all times.

Abstract doesn't spell unarguable, or faultless, Mubarak wasn't "Abstract" for 30 years.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
You know what Sono? I don't wanna [Wink]

Life's too short for this nonsense - Amoun is right.

Take care now. Nightie Night [Smile]

So you in another thread that doesn't involve character assassination.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to the first posts of this thread which were about working while going to university?
[Confused]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Sometimes they sort of disappear, then reappear later. I've seen it a few times. It's really weird.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooookay …  [Eek!]

I actually found the replies interesting and informative and was just writing a post. Then I realized that all posts actually speaking about the subject of this thread were gone, so it would make no sense whatsoever if I commented. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're back on mine now.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowt to do with me - they're all there on mine?
Maybe you need to clear your cache and refresh Dalia?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com