EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Lara Logan - 60 minutes (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lara Logan - 60 minutes
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
page in arabic

Apparently Lara Logan is speaking on 60 Minutes (?) or otherwise giving an interview tomorrow about her ordeal.

According to the google translate version of the MBC website it says :

Los Angeles - Reuters

قالت لارا لوجان، مراسلة محطة تلفزيون "سي.بي.إس" الأمريكية: إنها شعرت بأنها ستموت لا محالة عندما تعرضت لاعتداء جنسي من مجموعة من "الغوغاء"، أثناء تغطيتها الفرحة التي عمت ميدان التحرير في القاهرة، عقب الإعلان عن تنحي الرئيس المصري حسني مبارك. Said of Lara Logan, correspondent television station "CNN. Me. S" America: she felt that she will die inevitably when she was sexually assaulted by a group of "mob" during coverage of the joy that pervaded Tahrir Square in Cairo, following the announcement of the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak.

وفي نص للمقابلة أذاعه برنامج "60 دقيقة" قالت لوجان: "لم يساورني أي شك في أنني في طريقي إلى الموت.. لم أعتقد فقط أنني سأموت بل سيكون موتا مع تعذيب سيستمر إلى الأبد". In a transcript of an interview broadcast on "60 Minutes," Logan said: "I have not any doubt that I was on my way to death .. only I did not think I was going to die, but would be death with torture will continue forever."

ونقلت لوجان -39 عاما- وهي مواطنة من جنوب إفريقيا، ومراسلة حربية مخضرمة، إلى الولايات المتحدة؛ حيث مكثت في المستشفى أربعة أيام. And moved to Logan, -39 years - a native of South Africa, war correspondent and veteran, to the United States; where I stayed in the hospital four days.

وكانت تغطي الاحتفالات لبرنامج "60 دقيقة" في 11 فبراير/شباط، عندما أحاط بها وبفريقها حشد من الغوغاء. And covering the celebrations for the program "60 Minutes" in February 11, when surrounded by its team and a crowd of mob.

وقالت لوجان في المقابلة التي تبث كاملة الأحد 1 مايو/أيار: إنها فقدت الاتصال بزملائها لمدة 25 دقيقة، وتعرضت لاعتداء جنسي، وللضرب لدرجة أنها خشيت أنها لن تبقى على قيد الحياة. Logan said in an interview broadcast Sunday, May 1 Full / May: it lost contact with her colleagues for 25 minutes, and has been sexually assaulted, and beaten to the point where they feared they would not survive.

وأضافت أن تذكرها لطفليها الصغيرين ساعدها في تحمل الاعتداء؛ الذي انتهى عندما أنقذها مجموعة من الجنود والنساء المصريين ونقلوها إلى فندقها. She added that reminds them of her two young children helped her to bear the abuse; which ended when he saved a group of Egyptian soldiers and women and brought her to her hotel.

وقالت لوجان -التي عادت إلى العمل هذا الأسبوع-: إنها اختارت الكشف علنا عن محنتها؛ لبث الشجاعة في غيرها من النساء اللائي يتعرضن لاعتداءات جنسية، وخصوصا الصحفيات اللاتي يخشين أن مثل هذه الاعترافات قد تؤثر على عملهن. Said Logan - who returned to work this week: - she chooses to reveal publicly about her ordeal; broadcast the courage to other women who are subjected to sexual assaults, and especially journalists who fear that such confessions may affect their work.

وبزغ اسم لوجان كمراسلة حربية لمحطة تلفزيون "جي.إم.تي.في" البريطانية أثناء بداية حرب أفغانستان في 2001م، وغطت بعد ذلك الحرب في العراق، وما أعقبها من أحداث عنف، وانضمت إلى "سي.بي.إس نيوز" في 2002م. Burst onto the name of Logan as a reporter military television station "LG. M. T. In the" British during the beginning of the war in Afghanistan in 2001, and covered then the war in Iraq, and the subsequent violence, and joined the "CNN. Me. News & World Report" in 2002.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you just post an English speaking source, there are plenty online????

Lara Logan breaks silence on Cairo assault

Talks to Scott Pelley about sexual assault, her rescue and recovery

Lara Logan feared she would die a "torturous death" during a sexual assault and beating she suffered at the hands of a violent mob in Egypt's Tahrir Square. In her first television interview since her ordeal two months ago, the CBS News chief foreign correspondent and "60 Minutes" reporter reveals what happened to her for the first time in an interview conducted by Scott Pelley.

Logan's story will be broadcast on "60 Minutes" this Sunday, May 1 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

On Feb. 11, Logan was on assignment for "60 Minutes" covering Egypt's mass celebration of its revolution. With her in Tahrir Square in Cairo were her producer, Max McClellan and cameraman Richard Butler. There was also an interpreter and a former member of Britain's elite military special services acting as a bodyguard.

She reported without incident for nearly an hour before her interpreter heard words in the Arabic-speaking crowd that gave him pause. He advised the team to leave, but before they could, a mob of several hundred men encircled Logan, who soon became separated from her team and bodyguard as the crowd swept her up.

Logan lost contact with her colleagues for approximately 25 minutes and endured a sexual assault and beating that she feared she would not survive. "There was no doubt in my mind that I was in the process of dying," she tells Pelley. "I thought not only am I going to die, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever..."

Thoughts of her two young children helped reinforce her determination to survive the assault, she says, which finally ended when she was rescued by a group of Egyptian women and soldiers. The soldiers drove her and her team back to their hotel, where she was examined by a doctor. She returned to the U.S. the next day and went directly into a hospital, where she was treated for four days.

When Logan saw her children, "I felt like I had been given a second chance that I didn't deserve...because I did that to them. I came so close to leaving them, to abandoning them," she says.

Logan, who began her first full day back in her "60 Minutes" office Wednesday (April 27), says she is healing. "I am so much stronger [now]." She hopes her story will give courage to other victims of sexual assault, especially female reporters who fear such admissions may impact their work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/28/60minutes/main20058368.shtml

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big woopy doo for finding an english source. I saw it on MBC website and copied it here. I didn't have time to google for more sites.
Have other things to worry about thanks.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, you did find time to put all the text into the translator site to post it on here. Really it doesn't make any sense.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Jump in a lake dealing with a bereavement ok. enough.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
You are acting weird.

Hope you don't feel offended and feel the need to delete my posts now, Mrs Moderator.

Have a beautiful weekend. The sun not only shines in Egypt.... oh and I def will watch 60 Minutes tomorrow.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
You are acting weird.

Hope you don't feel offended and feel the need to delete my posts now, Mrs Moderator.

Have a beautiful weekend. The sun not only shines in Egypt.... oh and I def will watch 60 Minutes tomorrow.

Shameful [Mad]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's shameful, she's right. What was so odd about finding a English version for the rest to read.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't any of you understand the part about SQ dealing with a bereavement??? Translating that word for you means . . . she had a death in her family . . . now why don't you all go get a life.

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I never noticed that part.
My condolences

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can go for days without signing on and when I finally do...it's the same old stuff....bashing each other.

I couldn't imagine having nothing better to do than sit online and jump on everything that is posted trying to find flaws, etc.

If it's posted in Arabic and English...so be it..I had just read the interview on CNN. It's just the fact that there are women on here who find nothing better to do than pick and poke at others. Shame on them!

Thanks cbrbdddd for defining bereavement..obviously some didn't know the meaning.

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this will work out of the US, but here is a link to the episode:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=zyp4XY3qBRtjqc1yRMSDpS6jOSLqPnyH&vs=Default&play=true

60 minutes overtime:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20058581-10391709.html?tag=contentBody;listingLeadStories

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woooooow . Lara seems to be a good actress.
Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

An attack that lasted 25 minutes! How criminal can people get and how many saw this happening and did not do anything to stop it!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not convinced either she isn't exaggerating.. but hey, she found fame now!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no trying to pull her hair out of her scalp. If they'd been trying, they would have succeeded. There'd be bald spots and scalp trauma. Kids are capable of doing this to one another, let alone full grown men. Also, if you'd had all your clothes, including your underwear, ripped from your body, would you be looking to hug a soldier after being sexually assaulted, and at that by his countrymen, or would you be looking to cover up? I've never been in that situation so wouldn't know, but it doesn't seem like instinctive behaviour to me. A few days earlier she'd been arrested - wouldn't you be more mistrustful of a soldier after that? And another life threatening situation:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/day-before-cairo-attack-lara-logan-talked-about-previous-arrest-security/

I know this won't be universally popular, and I'm sure whatever did go on was unpleasant, but I agree with Cheeky - it seems over egged. Where is the evidence?

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monkey, my friends and I were attacked by a mob last year at a football match, they pulled my clothes, tried to touch me and even got their belts of to whip me, instictively I attacked back and screamed at them and tried to trip them when they ran towards my friends. My friends also did the same. Sorry, but fight or flight!

I also know that in this instance many Egyptians were embarrased and ashamed of the men who were doing this to women and we were protected by more folk than were trying to attack us.

Perhaps I should release my story.

She is a journalist, who would expect anything different?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scumbuckets - that's awful [Frown]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'They ripped off my clothes and took pictures on their cell phones as they groped and beat me': Reporter Lara Logan reveals terrifying new details of sex attack in EgyptBy Daily Mail Reporter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382653/Lara-Logan-reveals-new-details-sex-assault-Egypt.html#ixzz1LIA7ksT5

Edit by Mod - copy/paste of entire article removed as the full story can be read at this link and poster made no contribution of her own.

Numerous further copies of this post deleted.

[ 03. May 2011, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I'm crap with the fight or flight thing. I'm a freezer - bunny in headlights thing - so I can get that part to some extent.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
I'm crap with the fight or flight thing. I'm a freezer - bunny in headlights thing - so I can get that part to some extent.

Yeah ya see, I am no researcher or journallist yet I knew the environment I was putting myself into and I am intelligent and a realist!!! I am always on the ball. Even today I have been approached, welcome to Egypt, you cannot prevent it so just learn how to deal with it! She is annoying me now as she is profiteering from it!

NO woman unless a drama queen or stupid would have made herself so vulnerable if she had ANY knowledge of Egyptian society.

Again, I do believe this was a journalistic stunt.

On a positive note though she has managed to internationally highligh the mentality of some scum here. And also to reiterate the need for the women who cannot handle themselves to stay away from potential situations.

There are many many attacks on women here of late... and I know many many women who have left the country [Frown] Perhaps they should go to the news!

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whole article from Daily Mail linked to above reproduced TWICE in full. Deleted.

[ 03. May 2011, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Shanta Gdeeda ]

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
That does actually make a lot of sense. I'm a crazy worrier/habitual planner - if I do something I deem a teensie bit risque I'll make sure I have a gazillion safety nets to fall back on.

Dr Ferret right on the money [Smile] She's good, vw. You should try her [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
hahaha... Dr Ferret... is that Dr Foxes relative [Wink]

I have lived in Egypt as a teenager, in my 20's and now in my 30's and only once have I had to turn violent towards someone. And I swear he shite himself [Big Grin]

Common sense prevails.

I wish there was a word count limitation function on here...

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I have developed an excellent function of my own - must be ESvolution. If I see a poster post frequent cut and paste articles, my brain goes into autopilot and scrolls them away for me. Priceless, it is.

Way to make sure no one hears a word you say.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Me too, anything over three paragraphs and I scroll away [Big Grin]

And if I wanted to read the Daily Mail A) I would and B) I would seriously question my mental health!

I much prefer people who say what they mean and mean what they say. Fuckwits just don't tickle my pickle tbh!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Vw, can't you have your online meltdown quietly, in a corner some place? It's gone to new levels of boring now.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thrush is less irritating lol...

I think she is a lesbian, she is posting everywhere about Lara Logan, probably wishes she could have gotten a grope [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
If she's a lesbian, I'd be a little concerned if I were you. Seems to be developing a stalkerlike obsession with you the way she's trailing after you in all of the threads.

Where is TL? She needs to get her pooch on a tighter leash.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh the last time she tried to have a pop at me a little fan club arrived to help her poke me and run away [Wink] I am awaiting the cavalry. Sadly, they aren't the brightest or wittiest!

Funny little feckers eh!

I am only into Buddhist lesbians so she is **** out of luck with me lol, perhaps she should try you next.

Vw... Monkey wants a little monkey business... go stalk her [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Fan club [Confused] I missed that. They'll be in hiding by now surely, after all this zaney behaviour?

VW did once follow me around the threads, trying to convert me [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Got more change of plaiting snot that converting me lmao. I am more of a Christian than VW though, I can sense that [Big Grin]

Yeah, don't you remember? VW plucked up the balls to say something to me and I retorted and someother runt popped up and had a say, said she had waited yearsd. SO SAY IT THEN.

Jeez, people on the net are weird if they cannot say something direct to a screen what on earth are they like in reality!

I will see you after the next predictable VW rant.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Flood protection must be a bummer... Seconds must seem like days...

What's all this about, anyway? Why is that article (which I didn't read the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time) now appearing on other threads?

Real life seems a scary concept. What's that film called... Oh, yeah. Misery. I've got an image of Kathy Bates.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Flood protection must be a bummer... Seconds must seem like days...

What's all this about, anyway? Why is that article (which I didn't read the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time) now appearing on other threads?

Real life seems a scary concept. What's that film called... Oh, yeah. Misery. I've got an image of Kathy Bates.

Yeah Misery... I reckon VW thinks the crash in Corrie was real too! OOO or single white female... I hope she doesn't know what we look like in case she tries to clone us [Wink]

Dunno, some kind of attention whore maybe. Or ADD... Ritalin sweetie, 6 a day should calm ya down [Big Grin]

Stalked in the street and online in one day, I am flattered I cna tell ya.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Monkey, my friends and I were attacked by a mob last year at a football match, they pulled my clothes, tried to touch me and even got their belts of to whip me, instictively I attacked back and screamed at them and tried to trip them when they ran towards my friends. My friends also did the same. Sorry, but fight or flight!

I also know that in this instance many Egyptians were embarrased and ashamed of the men who were doing this to women and we were protected by more folk than were trying to attack us.

If you got groped on the job while teaching 6 year old very well trained, and entirely unaccountable intelligence thugs who actually torture, maim and interrogate freely without repercussions for breaking several international human rights laws in a day......

Yeah football thugs at a sports events in one thing.

What happened to Lara Logan was part of her job, obviously a very dangerous job; and she was maimed, assaulted by persons who do this freely day in and day out against their own citizens without being held to the law.

You chicks sound like VW but with an opposite opinion.

Same venom, same hate, just directed somewhere else.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
'If you got groped on the job while teaching 6 year old very well trained, and entirely unaccountable intelligence thugs who actually torture, maim and interrogate freely without repercussions for breaking several international human rights laws in a day'......???

Oh please re-write that drivel so I can at least understand some of it ffs!

You haven't ever been to a footy match in Cairo I can tell [Wink] Not all fans are thugs! Why tar the whole crowd based on my experience?

I am guessing, by your own accounts, you have been nothing but other than pampered in a 5* lifestyle here in Egypt so have no real experience of a mere 4* or below life [Wink]

You also sound like VW, but the same. A **** up with a low IQ and no knowledge of life beyond ya trailer [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Hands up who would have bet on cuckoo and numpty having a spark [Wink]

Watch it Sono, she is devout and judges whores [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

If you got groped on the job while teaching 6 year old very well trained, and entirely unaccountable intelligence thugs who actually torture, maim and interrogate freely without repercussions for breaking several international human rights laws in a day......

Yeah football thugs at a sports events in one thing.

What happened to Lara Logan was part of her job, obviously a very dangerous job; and she was maimed, assaulted by persons who do this freely day in and day out against their own citizens without being held to the law.

You chicks sound like VW but with an opposite opinion.

Same venom, same hate, just directed somewhere else.

I can see where you're coming from, to some extent. It's tempting to say "well she shouldn't have been there", but that was her job. So the onus was on her employers to make sure she was safe. They sound utterly clueless BTW. ONE properly trained bodyguard and two drivers standing in as bodyguards? Completely ridiculous. No it isn't right, whatever went on, but if you're placed somewhere in the course of your employment, the onus is on your employers to keep you safe. They did a woeful job by the sounds of things. Security was a joke.

So let's get this straight, you're saying if she'd been freelance, or just a tourist even, and gone there of her own volition, like Ferret did the footie match, she would have brought it on herself?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
She is an adult with the power to say no. Unless she was forced to stand amid a crowd who had an intense hatred towards American media then sue the employer.

Or she blindley believed guards could help her. a) slap yourself upside the head... grow up... b) sue the security company

Cry to the news... yeah, media whore looking for cash.

I may be blinkered here, she may already be doing the other stuff... and it got lost in all the spam!

I may be wrong and this may be genuine but she aint doing herself any favours and she looks to me like she is chasing $$$$

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
She is an adult with the power to say no. Unless she was forced to stand amid a crowd who had an intense hatred towards American media then sue the employer.

Or she blindley believed guards could help her. a) slap yourself upside the head... grow up... b) sue the security company

Cry to the news... yeah, media whore looking for cash.

I may be blinkered here, she may already be doing the other stuff... and it got lost in all the spam!

I may be wrong and this may be genuine but she aint doing herself any favours and she looks to me like she is chasing $$$$

It sounds like you are jealous.

She was doing her job.

What would you do if you got sexually assaulted on the job by the government itself?

What would you do if you were teaching the kiddies English and all of a sudden plainclothes security services went into the classroom and sexually assualted you in front of your students?

You would say "NO" and it would stop?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I'd imagine there would have been a big fat cheque and no more said about it.

ONE trained bodyguard? Are you serious? What, were the drivers trained in hand-to-hand Christmas tree air freshener combat or something?

It wasn't the government, Metinoot. Same thugs, different place, different day. Very different outcome.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
I'd imagine there would have been a big fat cheque and no more said about it.

ONE trained bodyguard? What were the drivers trained in specialised Christmas tree air freshener combat or something?

Hmm is this the voice of romance tourism in Egypt? [Big Grin]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
My, we are spoiling for an argument.

Is that attempt at a slight relevant?

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
My, we are spoiling for an argument.

Is that attempt at a slight relevant?

And how is any of the comments after Shanta's first post relevant?

I remember Shanta's comments about Lara Logan's attack from before and in my opinion starting a thread on this subject is just inviting a bunch of ugly hags to vent their frustrations on Lara Logan.

I've seen a couple of photos here and there of ES members... Don't you lasses have something better to do with your time than hate beautiful, successful women?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Well, you obviously haven't seen mine, darling [Wink]

And since when has Tareq been a "lass"? We were only agreeing with him. And This for that matter. Seems to me you only want to pick a fight with the ladies on here. And you're telling us we're insecure?

I'm not going to argue with you - told you before - so save your energy.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
So I am to envisage being abused by the Egyptian Government in front of children? Are the children English or what? I mean I have to feel and envisage this vague point and scenario somehow!

Do I work in a classroom again ffs! Ah man! I thought you got over that story lmfao!

Dude, UPDATE FILES. FERRET is an acronym!!!!

In real life, when I say no or stop, I ASSURE you it means no and stop! Unless I need cash and it may mean 'freeze for a picture' ')

Wake up, grow up and spell the mochachocalatte [Wink]

You do not understand this country at all!

I was informed yesterday I am in my 3rd decade here [Big Grin] ... but wtf do I know [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh are we all old fat unsuccesful women again...

Hmmm, I wonder how I fund a lavish lifestyle here [Wink] Well, not so lavish as I save my cash to travel but life ain't so bad [Big Grin]

And Monkey, you are a beautiful lass... I thought I was the only young blonde around here [Wink]

Sono, can a borrow ya cardigan, my Mum needs a new duster [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Doesn't it kind of make the argument void if you're saying it's ok for it to have happened to Ferret, but not Lara Logan? Why?? Because Lara Logan was at work? So what if she'd been off sightseeing - would that have made her fair game?

The fact that she was at work meant, to me, that her employers had a responsibility to keep her safe and, coming from probably the most litigiously orientated society in the world, frankly I'm gobsmacked they took so little care of her. However, even if she'd been there off her own bat, that doesn't make it any less of a crime. Whilst I agree that you have to weigh up the risks in placing yourself in an environment such as this one, it was a public place when all was said and done and it wasn't her fault, or Ferret's. Work is nothing to do with it - it just means it should have been extra, extra safe when her employer's necks were on the chopping block. You'd have thought.

The fact that it's been turned into a media frenzy and yes, I believe a somewhat hyped up one at that, does make you question the woman's motives. She claims she did it to highlight the epidemic of sexual assaults on women in Egypt which she claimed she knew nothing of previously. Really? She was a ME correspondent for how long? I'm not so sure I buy that. How is this going to help the average woman of Egypt? Because for me, she looks like a sell out and it detracts from the cause she claims to be fighting for. In fact, the incident was a bad taste in the mouth after the Egyptian revolution. The media reporting of it turned somewhat sour from where I was sitting. Personally, I've seen some traits in her reporting I don't like so much. She seems to be a mouthpiece for the American propaganda machine. She said she wanted the Taliban extinguished because "I don't want my daughters to be forced to wear a burqa". Somewhat sensationalist, no? Now I'm no supporter of the Taliban, but these were the same folk America was supporting not so long back when they went into their paranoid anti communism frenzy. I'm suspicious about the whole thing, TBH. Reporters should stick to the facts and not get drawn into politics, when they do, they loose all credibility for me.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still find it very, very odd that not a single photograph or video of this incident has surfaced so far. There were literally thousands of people shooting away with their cameras and phones, the few foreigners in the crowd were bound to attract attention, yet nobody happened to take a picture?

Don't know, but there is something slightly off about this story …

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
I still find it very, very odd that not a single photograph or video of this incident has surfaced so far. There were literally thousands of people shooting away with their cameras and phones, the few foreigners in the crowd were bound to attract attention, yet nobody happened to take a picture?

Don't know, but there is something slightly off about this story …

Possibly due to the fact that the Logan film crew reported a mob of 200 attacking. That many people can grab any camera/video recorder before carrying out a large attack on several people.

And the film crew was not within the protest is itself. NDP thugs and security services were probably the ones who did the attack and had planned it well.

Remember the Logan crew had been harrassed a few days before the attack. Foreign press were being monitored.

Still she's a pretty lady and jealous women love a conspiracy.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com