EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » EVCO in Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EVCO in Cairo?
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know where I can buy Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in Cairo?

EVCO is not manufactured in Egypt so I obviously mean imported EVCO.

Imtenan Health Shop has tiny CO bottles which are for internal use and don't seem to be cold pressed or EV.

If I fail to find it in Cairo, is there anyone coming from Europe or USA to Cairo soon who would be willing to buy some for me (with a personal profit margin of course)?

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if ever i can get back there i would surely bring some...i just bought a big container of it...use it all the time...but dont know when we will get back there... [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SimplyMe:

I use coconut oil for my hair regularly. I either buy the Nefertari oil (available in most organic stores and) or the Asala oil which is available in all bigger pharmacies.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimplyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
if ever i can get back there i would surely bring some...i just bought a big container of it...use it all the time...but dont know when we will get back there... [Frown]

Thanks Chef Mick. I appreciate you wanting to help :-)

If you happen to hear of a place that sells it here, do let me know please.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

I use coconut oil for my hair regularly. I either buy the Nefertari oil (available in most organic stores and) or the Asala oil which is available in all bigger pharmacies.
Thanks Dalia, but I was thinking EV Coconut oil for internal use not for cosmetic purposes.
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
quote:

Imtenan Health Shop has tiny CO bottles which are NOT for internal use and don't seem to be cold pressed or EV.

If I fail to find it in Cairo, is there anyone coming from Europe or USA to Cairo soon who would be willing to buy some for me (with a personal profit margin of course)?

The reason I'm re-posting the main post is that I tried to edit it but got a message that it was too late to do so.

Anyway, the edited sentence is: Imtenan Health Shop has tiny CO bottles which are NOT for internal use and don't seem to be cold pressed or EV.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, ok.

I've never seen the one for internal use here. There's a small chance you might get it in the exotic food section of one of the hypermarkets.

May I ask what you are planning to use it for?

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use extra virgin coconut oil cold compressed for hair, body, cooking and I eat three tablespoons everyday. I never heard of coconut oil just for internal use
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
Oh, ok.

I've never seen the one for internal use here. There's a small chance you might get it in the exotic food section of one of the hypermarkets.

May I ask what you are planning to use it for?

Thanks Dalia for the suggestion, but I've already checked all the possible sections in almost every hypermarket/supermarket in Cairo.

I take two teaspoons a day (for its health benefits) and use it for cooking (also for its benefits).

SimplyMe
Member # 6465

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by unsure:
I use extra virgin coconut oil cold compressed for hair, body, cooking and I eat three tablespoons everyday. I never heard of coconut oil just for internal use

Hi unsure, nowhere in my post did I mention it was for internal use ONLY. What I said is that the coconut oil made in Egypt isn't fit for oral consumption (IMHO) due to it not being cold-pressed and EV. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com