EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » typical Egyptian men's sayings to female tourists (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: typical Egyptian men's sayings to female tourists
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has probably been done before but here goes -

You're so different from all the other tourists.

I feel ashamed to ask you but I need the money to pay for my grandmother's operation.

I cannot see you as my mother is very ill (on this first day of your week in Luxor that you have dared to surprise me).

You are my princess.

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

Oh my God I am in love with you.

I have never loved another woman before.

You are my first love.

Egyptian women do not interest me.

I am sorry I did not phone you for 4 months, business is not good and I had to money to phone you.

I lost your telephone number.

My house telephone is broken and we cannot hear it ring.

My mobile is broken.

Age is only a number.

I am different from Egyptian men.

All the fingers on my hands are different, look, the same as I am different from Egyptian men.

I am a virgin.

I have never kissed another woman.

I respect you and your religion.

I think God wants us to be together.

An orfi marriage is 100% good, costs LE800 but it is worth it.

Do not write to me at home address, write to me at my brother's shop.

I have told all my family about you and they are happy we get married.

Meet my sister and mother (really wife and mother in law).

Come on everyone, tack one onto the end of this posting. It doesn't need to be from your personal experience, you could have heard a boy say it to an old dear passing by on the corniche. You know how it goes.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May i know and what was your reply when he told you those words mrs wise

Stop acuasibg Egyptian..i know some can be bad but stop calling all Egyptian the same..

Posts: 46 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wise woman,

I don't think these were typical Egyptian men sayings! They can be from everyone....You never heard these out of the mouth of other guys?? Maybe not that wise:-)

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica - no, all these things weren't said to me although I have heard a few spoken to me by men old enough to be my grandfather or young brother.

When you are a tourist in Egypt you speak to other tourists. These are the things that local Egyptian men have said to them or their friends.

I'm not accusing Egyptian of being bad.
Some of them, the would be gigolos, come across as funny, desperate and deceitful.

Hollanda - if you're sitting in rear gardens of hotel in the evening, having a cool drink, on the next table you hear this kind of thing going on being a young local male and an older female tourist. Or the Egyptologist on a nile cruise chatting up some tourist at the bar, declaring his undying love for them, that kind of thing.

They feel as though it is part of the course for a tourist to hear such things.

You don't hear all those things from guys in the UK who have known a tourist for 1 week.

If you read some of the other threads on the boards, a few of these popular sayings are repeated by others.

come on you guys - it's just a bit of fun.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moll
Member # 921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've never heard all this kind of BS anywhere else! When I asked someone why they do it (and I know it's NOT all of them, but enough of them) they said that it was because they just like to make the tourists happy. But it doesn't make me happy to have someone treating me like this, I sometimes just find it really off-putting.

Metallica, are you a western woman tourist? Because if you're not, you won't understand the hassle you sometimes have to put up with. And I'm lucky, I don't get too much of it because I'm always with my husband, but I know some women who just wouldn't go back to Egypt because of it.

Posts: 561 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryph
Member # 2005

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal favorite is: "I know you better than you know yourself". This always makes me laugh! It this was true, the person would realize that any form of manipulation is the ultimate turn-off for me.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Thread Wise Woman.... it all made me chuckle and for those that think it was rude or are trying to say these men aren't as bad as the men everywhere else,....PO-LESE! They are a joke, but we love em anyway. As one good friend says when she comes to Egypt... "going to play with the dark eyed boys". I personally think this is fair play... turn around is fair, and paybacks are hell....so they best watch out for some of us. LOL

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa Laughing all the way to the beach or the falouka or the perfume factory. Take your pick!

AND NOOOOOO to all of you that assume when I make a post like this that I HATE Egypt. I don't. Not even close. I don't even hate Egyptian men.... I just am not fond of playas unless they are being played with.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, it's not just egypt. they do it in turkey too.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kashapops
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for kashapops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Wise Woman
Yes we have heard some of these things mentioned on your list.
But I have to say I am not put off by the words or actions. If we take every thing said with a "pinch of salt" then it feels ok and makes me smile. The main thing is we know what to expect.

The following conversation took place on a Nile Cruise boat. The manager said "Come to my office for tea"

I feel I have known you before, in another life - I love you.

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ME

I do, in another life. I love you I want to live long life with you

BUT YOU ARE MARRIED

Yes but you can be my girlfriend,I can not sleep, I think of you all night.

WELL I SLEPT VERY WELL! DO YOU NOT LOVE YOUR WIFE?

Yes but of course. Look my hands are shaking. I love you so much.

WELL I LIKE YOU BUT AS A FRIEND NOTHING MORE

I can have more than one wife

DO YOU MEAN AN ORFI MARRIAGE.I BET YOU SPEAK LIKE THIS WITH ALL THE TOURISTS.

(He didn't understand at this point!) No you are the first - I promise you. You are so beautifull. We can meet in Turkey, we can be together there. It is very cheap there and I do not need a visa.

THAT SOUNDS NICE BUT WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER

I love you. do you live alone? do you have a house? How many bedrooms do you have?

WHY DO YOU ASK

I like to know these things. I would like to work in England can you help me. I live with you.

WHAT ABOUT YOUR WIFE

I go back once a year to visit her.

Needless to say the conversation went around in circles. We did cuddle and kiss but nothing else - I felt safe because I was on a boat and he could not be seen to be alone with me as he is the manager and was worried about loosing his job.

I did write to him a few times but he says he didn't receive my letters. However I am going back next month to work for a month and will call in and see the him and the guys on the boat and take a few gifts for them and their families. I am fond of him but that's all. I am in Egypt because I love the place not because I am looking for love.
I don't think Egyptian guys are bad. They make me smile!

Posts: 100 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moll
Member # 921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Egyptian men are bad either, I love them! Usually I do laugh when I hear these things, but sometimes the insincerity of it gets to me, especially when I see them "working" on some poor woman who looks like she's being taken in by it all and is actually taking it seriously.
And then I start thinking, 6 months down the line, she'll be posting here on ES and wondering what it was all about and why she's sitting at home with her heart broken.

Posts: 561 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sylvia
Member # 2637

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sylvia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made me laugh!...i did hear all that...but I am surprised many girls take them seriously!! I will tell you what...i saw an egyptian guy say all that stuff to a really ugly woman!! she was!! and some wgyptians guys were saying to her how they wanted to marry her and how bautiful she looked. i was flattered when i first heard egyptians say similar things to me, but when i realised that they were saying the same things to all girls even real ugly girls i was disgusted by it. really!!!I asked the guy after if he really liked her and he said noo but he said he said it to make her happy and have nice memories from egypt!! I can tell you she was so happy!!! no guy had ever paid so attention to her! I wonder how the girls believe the guys when they say things like that! Many egyptians are joking only! i never took them seriously, i think of it as a joke. Sometimes i also joked with them! when a guy approached me to sell me something, and i had begun to grow tired of hearing the same lines...you have very beautiful eyes, --only because i like you--, oh my god i want to marry you--....i suspected that he would say the same too like all the other so i caught him by surprise by saying --no i dont want to buy...i want to buy ´´you´´...or ....my god what a beautiful eyes you have you want to marry me? hehe i made them realise how stupid they sounded, by using ´´their´´ lines. Arx what happens in egypt is unique, it can happen in turkey but in a much much lesser degree!! Egyptians use it as a past time, believing they make the female visitors happy! They do make us happy, but after awhile when it dawns on you that they say it to just about every woman you have no idea how annoying it is! Phewwww
Posts: 4 | From: Firenze | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise woman..i think u should behave as ur nick name indicate and dont judge peapol just because u heared that from somone..
wll i can write now in any eaurobian chat room and saying wht we hear about girls there.that is not sense for sure.

even when i traveled there i earesed any single bad word i ever heared about theme and tried to find the truth by my self.

Most of Egyptian men r so royal and love madly..

So Dont over react because of some bad experince.

Posts: 46 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moll:
Well, I've never heard all this kind of BS anywhere else! When I asked someone why they do it (and I know it's NOT all of them, but enough of them) they said that it was because they just like to make the tourists happy. But it doesn't make me happy to have someone treating me like this, I sometimes just find it really off-putting.

Well acually am an Egyptian male )

Metallica, are you a western woman tourist? Because if you're not, you won't understand the hassle you sometimes have to put up with. And I'm lucky, I don't get too much of it because I'm always with my husband, but I know some women who just wouldn't go back to Egypt because of it.

Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise woman,

I think you have said most of them... it made me laugh to see them on here. The men who use these are funny aren't they!! You can't take them seriously, but sometimes they brighten up your day... especially when you're in a bad mood and you hear a voice saying "i have what you want" and "in your eyes i see my life"

Some more i can think of now:

you have broken my heart
I will never be able to forget you

Debbie and Shareen may find this one funny - it's a Luxor exclusive i think

Can i take you to the Mosque!!!!!

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmetallica
Member # 1872

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for mmetallica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Can i take you to the Mosque!!!!![/B][/QUOTE]

That what i can call it silly joke

wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit, I was very flattered by some Egyptian men on my first trip to Egypt, I went there for my 23rd birthday. The best souvenier I got was gastro-enteritis and confined to my cabin then the Etap hotel.

I believed a certain person on my first trip a Nile Cruise when he told me I was attractive and nice etc ... which is true, I was and I still am. But later on, I walked by this person and I heard him spouting out the same flannel, in the same sincere fashion, word for word to someone old enough to be my grandmother.

Then I realised then it's in their nature to say these things to all tourists, part of their customer services training and we should take it for the good natured humour that it is.

As long as you're not sucked in by it and don't part with anything - money, sponsor a visa, bodily fluid of any kind, it should be treated as fun.

Oh my eyes, I forgot, but he was correct when he said I had beautiful eyes, I have one blue and one green eye which is a bit different (if I could ever bring myself to use contact lenses, I'd have transluscent pale blue ones or maybe pink).

I wonder if there is a charm school in Luxor who also have a branch in Hurghada where these would be gigolos go to learn their prize winning patter (verbal charm).

On a serious note, I have befriended other female tourists on holidays and we all meet up and breakfast and later for lunch and chat, you know the kind of thing.

On one occasion (my 4th trip) 2 lovely English women were really upset, their egyptian boyfriends had phoned them at the hotel and cancelled their date for that night, the excuse to the first woman was that his mother had been rushed into hospital and he can't see her the rest of the week, the excuse given to the other woman was exactly the same.

This made me think, 2 women, 2 guys who happened to have same name and identical excuses. These women were so distressed, they had taken time off work and spent a lot of money to visit their boyfriend, looked forward to it for months and it turns out he'll be at the hospital all week as he was the eldest son and it was his duty (another co-incidence, both boyfriends same name, both the eldest, sick mother in hospital).

I sat there and thought to myself "am I the only person that can see through these shallow excuses, and what if they both have the same boyfriend".

I saw the women throughout that week still very upset and on the last day before we all went to airport, neither of them had heard again from their egyptian boyfriend(s).

I know this is only 2 people in the whole of Egypt acting like this, it's not exclusive to Egypt.

I have seen/heard of similar experiences happening to women and it is very disappointing and sad.

I love Egypt and after 11 holidays there, the things I've seen and the people I've met and the lessons I've learned = I truly believe I have earned the name wise_woman.

moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WONDER WHY WOMEN ON THIS SITE MOSTLY MEET WITH THE LOWEST CLASS OF EGYPTIANS NOT OTHER...I KEEP READING ALL THESE NON SENSE ABOUT EGYPTIAN MEN...IS THAT BECAUSE THE QUALITY OF WOMEN WHO COMPLAIN HERE DON'T MATCH BETTER CLASSES OF EGYPTIAN MEN MAY BE...lol
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
This has probably been done before but here goes -

You're so different from all the other tourists.

I feel ashamed to ask you but I need the money to pay for my grandmother's operation.

I cannot see you as my mother is very ill (on this first day of your week in Luxor that you have dared to surprise me).

You are my princess.

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

Oh my God I am in love with you.

I have never loved another woman before.

You are my first love.

Egyptian women do not interest me.

I am sorry I did not phone you for 4 months, business is not good and I had to money to phone you.

My house telephone is broken and we cannot hear it ring.

My mobile is broken.

Age is only a number.

I am different from Egyptian men.

All the fingers on my hands are different, look, the same as I am different from Egyptian men.

I am a virgin.

I have never kissed another woman.

I respect you and your religion.

Do not write to me at home address, write to me at my brother's shop.

I have told all my family about you and they are happy we get married.

Come on everyone, tack one onto the end of this posting. It doesn't need to be from your personal experience, you could have heard a boy say it to an old dear passing by on the corniche. You know how it goes.

------------------
Moshko

Posts: 143 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moshko:
I WONDER WHY WOMEN ON THIS SITE MOSTLY MEET WITH THE LOWEST CLASS OF EGYPTIANS NOT OTHER...I KEEP READING ALL THESE NON SENSE ABOUT EGYPTIAN MEN...IS THAT BECAUSE THE QUALITY OF WOMEN WHO COMPLAIN HERE DON'T MATCH BETTER CLASSES OF EGYPTIAN MEN MAY BE...lol

------------------
Moshko

Posts: 143 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mmetallica:

Can i take you to the Mosque!!!!!

That what i can call it silly joke

[/B][/QUOTE]

The reason why said Debbie and Shareen may find it funny is because they met the guy who said it and he wasn't joking! You would have to know the whole story behind it to understand!

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Mosko, that was a fairly rude thing to say about the women that meet these men. You should mind your manners.

You and I both know that the reason they are meeting this kind of low-life Egyptian is because it is mostly low class Egyptians that take jobs at the resorts like this. A respectable, employable Egyptian man would be 90% more likely find good work in Cairo or in his home town. It is not because it is going to be an adventure, or for the wild times, or even for the foreign women that these men accept jobs in Hurghada or Sharm el Sheikh, at first, anyway. It is for the MONEY that the hotels and resorts promise them. The foreign babes and whatnot come as a bonus for those that go that way later. Like I said, in general these guys living out in Hurghada or Sharm are completely UNEMPLOYABLE at home. If they want to make money they have to move to these areas.
I doubt you will disagree with that. Now, look at where are the women going? Duh! Hurghada and Sharm. And they are ONLY here on holiday which, by some quirk in fate, is exactly the area these men work in. How do you suppose it is that these women meet these men then? Hmmmm? Think about it. There are many many many respectable Egyptian men with decent jobs out of the tourism industry, but the average tourist isn't going to meet them, is she? I think the "class" of the women and the "class" of the men have very little to do with each other. It's just a matter of circumstances... and a western world that isn't sooooo hung up on the class system. Most western women don't judge a man by his job the same way Egyptians do. In fact, many of us are just happy if he's employed. LOL

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
Debbi...I never meant to be rude...I was only raising a question...You explained to me what I already know...but what about poor women who come here to the forum wishing to collect some info's on visiting or moving to Egypt. You are not there most of the time to elaborate to them what you have elaborated to me. In the other day i found a posting from an English woman who was considering seriously moving to Sharm, leaving her good job and selling her house for a diving job. She was horrified from the stories here...lol... and by the way good jobs don't make good class men...it takes way more than that!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Mosko, that was a fairly rude thing to say about the women that meet these men. You should mind your manners.

You and I both know that the reason they are meeting this kind of low-life Egyptian is because it is mostly low class Egyptians that take jobs at the resorts like this. A respectable, employable Egyptian man would be 90% more likely find good work in Cairo or in his home town. It is not because it is going to be an adventure, or for the wild times, or even for the foreign women that these men accept jobs in Hurghada or Sharm el Sheikh, at first, anyway. It is for the MONEY that the hotels and resorts promise them. The foreign babes and whatnot come as a bonus for those that go that way later. Like I said, in general these guys living out in Hurghada or Sharm are completely UNEMPLOYABLE at home. If they want to make money they have to move to these areas.
I doubt you will disagree with that. Now, look at where are the women going? Duh! Hurghada and Sharm. And they are ONLY here on holiday which, by some quirk in fate, is exactly the area these men work in. How do you suppose it is that these women meet these men then? Hmmmm? Think about it. There are many many many respectable Egyptian men with decent jobs out of the tourism industry, but the average tourist isn't going to meet them, is she? I think the "class" of the women and the "class" of the men have very little to do with each other. It's just a matter of circumstances... and a western world that isn't sooooo hung up on the class system. Most western women don't judge a man by his job the same way Egyptians do. In fact, many of us are just happy if he's employed. LOL

------------------
Moshko

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... and by the way good jobs don't make good class men...it takes way more than that!!!

Absolutely! That goes unsaid!

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefertiti!!

I never asked if you went to the mosque on that night you scared me half to death! And you came back clutching Cleopatras.... was that a smoke screen??

I did however, manage to get a confession out of him about Susie.... he finally admitted it. Bless!!

And to add to Wise Woman's list, how about..

Gigolo: I love you and want to be with you.

Response: But I dont want to live in Egypt

Gigolo: Then I will have to live with you in UK

Response: No way!! I do not want you there!!

Gigolo: I will get visa and surprise you one day, and knock on your door

Response: And I will surprise you by closing the door in your face!

And the classic in my eyes....

You were in my dreams last night, do you want an egyptian husband?

(I often wonder if they were having a nightmare)

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it Shareen and I am jealous!

I have never been on the receiving end of such a conversation, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise Woman
You obviously didnt meet the right felucca guy then!

You know, we are going to have to make sure we are in Luxor together at some point! Did you see my message about getting together here at home? Mail me if you are interested, or you can just mail me anyway.. be good to talk to you.
Isis141@hotmail.com

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, I didn't see anything on the boards about an egyptsearch meeting in UK.

Where did you post it?

aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear, I agree with you completely - but it is only funny to hear them!!!
Aischa

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Wise Woman
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier, not been around much
We are getting together weekend of the 13/9, probably in Nottingham now. It was going to be York, but plans changed. I know you are in Scotland..... wish I had thought earlier in the year, some of us from ET got together in Glasgow.
But if you are interested, please do mail me and I will give you details....

mail address is isis141@hotmail.com

SMILES
Member # 2711

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for SMILES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I know im new to the forum...but I would
like to come to the get togeather

Posts: 5 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMILES
Member # 2711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMILES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal favourite egyptian saying was
"FOR YOU I GIVE YOU MY EYES" lol

Posts: 5 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Nefertiti!!

I never asked if you went to the mosque on that night you scared me half to death! And you came back clutching Cleopatras.... was that a smoke screen??

I did however, manage to get a confession out of him about Susie.... he finally admitted it. Bless!!

And to add to Wise Woman's list, how about..

Gigolo: I love you and want to be with you.

Response: But I dont want to live in Egypt

Gigolo: Then I will have to live with you in UK

Response: No way!! I do not want you there!!

And the classic in my eyes....

You were in my dreams last night, do you want an egyptian husband?

(I often wonder if they were having a nightmare)

Shareen

I only just saw this post!! Wow he admitted that he was married to Susie!! Oh damn that means our date to the Mosque will be cancelled and i was so looking forward to it

No way did i go to meet him that night! Lol, i promise i really did just go to the net cafe and to get the fags. Lol, what a disgusting thought.... sneaking off to meet him Rofl do you think he would have taken me to his felluca for a Midnight sail!! Urgghhh

And Shareen that conversation must have been with a real classy Gigolo, it sounds so original... Awwww

Another saying.... "do you want to rock my boat"

(This bit is very funny )

quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Lol Nefertiti
Lets just say it was a gigolo you know

Where are you now? You coming home soon? Or are you still in Cairo? I will have to call you at the weekend! Expect a call!

moshko
Member # 2498

Rate Member
TYPICAL FEMALE SAYINGS TO CUTE EGYPTIAN MEN!!!

DO YOU THINK YOU COULD COME UPSTAIRS TO FIX MY CLOSET???...IT'S A LITTLE OFF...

ARE YOU MARRIED?

I DON'T KNOW EGYPT MUCH, COULD YOU COME TONIGHT AND SHOW ME AROUND THE BEDROOM???

WOMEN ...PLEASE ...CHILL OUT...YOU'RE TOO MUCH!!!

YOUR CLAIMS COULD'T BE TRUE IF YOU WEREN'T A LITTLE HORNY ON EGYPTIAN GUYS AS WELL.

------------------
Moshko

Fox
Member # 2755

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with moshko. One word to the Wise_Woman, be a wise woman and cut the crap.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Moshko and Fox

I don't think this topic was made to offend Egyptians. I think wise just started it for fun.

This is an innocent topic, not slagging off Egyptian men for once I think you need to focus on the playboy and warning to western women threads if you want to see attacks on Egyptians.

Yes some women are hot for Egyptian men, but there are some that are not... the sad fact is that as a tourist unless you lock yourself in your hotel room for your stay you will not be able to escape these sayings! The only way to escape otherwise is to continuously curse them for your whole holiday.... if a woman ends up having to do this i think she will not return to Egypt and will advise others to stay away! And anyway who wants to spend their holiday doing that?!

I'm sorry but it works both ways... these sayings are not made up... they are used year after year and if it makes some women happy and makes then keep coming back to spend money in Egypt, why should you complain!!?? If i'm not mistaken isn't Tourism important for Egypt?

Fox
Member # 2755

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The topic should be what men say to women and vice versa. I don't see how this applies only to Egyptian men. I've already responded to the playboy post (its all about russian dancers who come to Egypt to make money, some of them dance and some of them prostitute themselves so how the hell do they expect to be treated). I'm not defending anyone. I just don't like the generalizing. The word typical should be used with caution. How the hell can a tourist staying in Sharm or Hurghada for a week or two know what a typical Egyptian man or woman is like? Sharm and Hurghada are resorts. Men and women from all over the world go there to have fun (each in his or her own way).
Posts: 24 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fox:
The topic should be what men say to women and vice versa. I don't see how this applies only to Egyptian men. I've already responded to the playboy post (its all about russian dancers who come to Egypt to make money, some of them dance and some of them prostitute themselves so how the hell do they expect to be treated). I'm not defending anyone. I just don't like the generalizing. The word typical should be used with caution. How the hell can a tourist staying in Sharm or Hurghada for a week or two know what a typical Egyptian man or woman is like? Sharm and Hurghada are resorts. Men and women from all over the world go there to have fun (each in his or her own way).

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This topic MUST have been put here for fun.

First of all, would you PLEASE not assume EVERYONE goes to these places to do things they would not tell their mother about?

Second, unless the tourist has been locked in her room all her life until departure to Egypt, surely she must have been sweet-talked once or twice in her life, even more so if she is old?

It's not possible that there are so many NAIVE (hope you appreciate the diplomacy) women travellers. You must be making this up.

Last but not least, it is simply not true that women are absolutely assaulted on the streets and not able to move for proposals from gigolos. Surely men would shout some invitation at you but no one really hopes you will stop and chat.

I went to Sharm because my friend who went to Hurghada told me Hurghada is dirty and she and her fiance had indigestion half of the time. She never said anything about playboys, but then she was with her fiance and probably did not even notice. I went with friends (men included) and while I received compliments, it was entirely possible to ask the guys to leave me alone and they did as I asked.

There was one old tourist lady in the hotel who slept (or tried to sleep) with one of the guys. I know it because she told me. She was harrassed into leaving by all male staff after that. But she knew what she was doing.

Whoever complains about Egyptian playboys - there are the following possibilities:

1. You are making this up to get attention or for a joke - fine if kept light and humorous;

2. You wish there would be a sexy hot-blooded male harrassing you you're in the wrong place cuz the guys are on the streets, not reading these posts;

3. You were actually THAT naive and someone duped you into parting with money / having sex / investing resources. Do you really wish to punish yourself further by exposing your lack of good judgement to the general public?

C'mon lighten up, Egypt is a great place, otherwise why would we all go there?

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fox
Member # 2755

Rate Member
Lori. I think u summed up everything. Very well put.
KT
Member # 2773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's funny is that some of these lines probably actually work.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"AWE!!!!"

KT

Posts: 16 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KT
Member # 2773

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:
2. You wish there would be a sexy hot-blooded male harrassing you you're in the wrong place cuz the guys are on the streets, not reading these posts;

Ouch. So just because I'm a little more intelligent than my hot blooded Egyptian cousins it suddenly means I don't have any game? As my friend would say, "Girl, yous trippin."

KT

Posts: 16 | From: Bradenton, FL | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
Member # 2262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry double post

[This message has been edited by Carmen (edited 04 September 2003).]

Posts: 119 | From: Spain, Madrid | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
Member # 2262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:
This topic MUST have been put here for fun.

First of all, would you PLEASE not assume EVERYONE goes to these places to do things they would not tell their mother about?

Second, unless the tourist has been locked in her room all her life until departure to Egypt, surely she must have been sweet-talked once or twice in her life, even more so if she is old?

It's not possible that there are so many NAIVE (hope you appreciate the diplomacy) women travellers. You must be making this up.

Last but not least, it is simply not true that women are absolutely assaulted on the streets and not able to move for proposals from gigolos. Surely men would shout some invitation at you but no one really hopes you will stop and chat.

I went to Sharm because my friend who went to Hurghada told me Hurghada is dirty and she and her fiance had indigestion half of the time. She never said anything about playboys, but then she was with her fiance and probably did not even notice. I went with friends (men included) and while I received compliments, it was entirely possible to ask the guys to leave me alone and they did as I asked.

There was one old tourist lady in the hotel who slept (or tried to sleep) with one of the guys. I know it because she told me. She was harrassed into leaving by all male staff after that. But she knew what she was doing.

Whoever complains about Egyptian playboys - there are the following possibilities:

1. You are making this up to get attention or for a joke - fine if kept light and humorous;

3. You were actually THAT naive and someone duped you into parting with money / having sex / investing resources. Do you really wish to punish yourself further by exposing your lack of good judgement to the general public?

C'mon lighten up, Egypt is a great place, otherwise why would we all go there?

Lori

Lori, this is a great post.

------------------
Visit our community for women only at: http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse

Posts: 119 | From: Spain, Madrid | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eliza
Member # 2910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eliza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi boy did i have a good laugh when i read all those comments. Yes i agree with them all, but honestly they are still the most well mannared men i have met. I have also travelled to Cairo 5 times and lived their for 5 months and love it and am going back in December Nchala, but a woman must just be wise and enjoy all the compliments, they are not serious about it.
Posts: 3 | From: Johannesburg South Afria | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akrum
Member # 2885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akrum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if he says
You're so different from all the other tourists. (he tells a lie)

(he steals you in kindly way)

You are my princess.(he cheats you )

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.(he is a big lier, he must)

Oh my God I am in love with you.(may be he did)

I have never loved another woman before.(don't believe him)

You are my first love.
(yes but the first one at this day)
Egyptian women do not interest me.(may be)

(he will ask you for money)
(may be)
My house telephone is broken and we cannot hear it ring.(you discomfot him)

My mobile is broken.(he will leave you to another fool one)

Age is only a number.(he is a big lier)

I am different from Egyptian men.(of course0

All the fingers on my hands are different, look, the same as I am different from Egyptian men.(of course )

I am a virgin.

I have never kissed another woman.(he want to kiss you ,lool)

I respect you and your religion.(????)

Do not write to me at home address, write to me at my brother's shop.(he don;t want to knoe you any moor)

I have told all my family about you and they are happy we get married.(oh hahah heheh ho
hoho haahaha)

Come on everyone, tack one onto the end of this posting. It doesn't need to be from your personal experience, you could have heard a boy say it to an old dear passing by on the corniche. You know how it goes.[/B][/QUOTE]
this the dialoge for new movie
called wise women broken harts

with may best wishes

Posts: 27 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
hey, wouldn't it just make a great film.
But it wouldn't be a film about me or my experiences, that would only last 2 minutes.

We should all learn and share information and funny stories on these boards.

I've never been to Hurghada or Sharm, I've only heard about Russian tourists recently on these boards. I never knew Russians visited Egypt so much. I've never met one.

Maybe 40 years from now if I'm widowed or in an unhappy marriage, I might visit Egypt in the hope of being flattered by a young gigolo. In the meantime, I find it amusing and annoying rolled into one.

I hope no-one has misunderstood my original posting - I do love Egypt. I love everything, well nearly everything about Egypt. If I didn't, I wouldn't be going with my fiance on a Nile Cruise later this year to celebrate my birthday. This will be my 12th trip and I can't wait to go.

I'm sure if I was a regular visitor to Tunisia, I would type a similar posting.

[This message has been edited by wise_woman (edited 30 September 2003).]

akrum
Member # 2885

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for akrum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
that is just joke .
you are welcom in your second country.
bey

quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
hey, wouldn't it just make a great film.
But it wouldn't be a film about me or my experiences, that would only last 2 minutes.

We should all learn and share information and funny stories on these boards.

I've never been to Hurghada or Sharm, I've only heard about Russian tourists recently on these boards. I never knew Russians visited Egypt so much. I've never met one.

Maybe 40 years from now if I'm widowed or in an unhappy marriage, I might visit Egypt in the hope of being flattered by a young gigolo. In the meantime, I find it amusing and annoying rolled into one.

I hope no-one has misunderstood my original posting - I do love Egypt. I love everything, well nearly everything about Egypt. If I didn't, I wouldn't be going with my fiance on a Nile Cruise later this year to celebrate my birthday. This will be my 12th trip and I can't wait to go.

I'm sure if I was a regular visitor to Tunisia, I would type a similar posting.

[This message has been edited by wise_woman (edited 30 September 2003).]

Posts: 27 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

OK, Moshko, here you are my story:
First time in Egypt, Sharm El-Sheikh, Hotel.
I met this man in a hotel i've been staying to, he is from Cairo, my age, and he came to have a rest, he has a dual citizenship (Spanish and Egyptian (i saw both passports)), his family MATCHS HIGH CLASS and known in Cairo (this info i got when i came back from my trip cuz i was wondered whether he tells me true or not).
Allora, we've spent some time together but nothing out of limits (i mean kisses, hugs, not talking about sex).
Before leaving we exchanged our e-mail addresses and after all started to write to each other.
Literally, in one week, i began to recieve such kind of e-mails: (sorry for posting)

"hello XXX, i miss u so much, i didnt know that i'll miss u badly like this, i was crazy about u.. looking for u on the net but never found my sweet, i felt so bad, was in a bad mood..
i'm crazy about u, everyday more than before, even every hour..... i miss u a
lotttttttttttttttttttt.. i misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss uuu"

or this kind:

".. u r so sweet, and i want to say more and more words to u, u deserve every thing i can do to u, and i think words arent enough for u.. u became a dream of years to me.. and u r a real angel, that is flying far away and iam waiting u to come and make me fly with u anyway, away alone me and u only..u became a hope for me.." ETC.

I don't know may be he was honest in his feelings to me but it seems that it was just a game but why so many SO FANTASTIC WORDS?

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Literally, in one week, i began to recieve such kind of e-mails: (sorry for posting)

"hello XXX, i miss u so much, i didnt know that i'll miss u badly like this, i was crazy about u.. looking for u on the net but never found my sweet, i felt so bad, was in a bad mood..
i'm crazy about u, everyday more than before, even every hour..... i miss u a
lotttttttttttttttttttt.. i misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss uuu"

or this kind:

".. u r so sweet, and i want to say more and more words to u, u deserve every thing i can do to u, and i think words arent enough for u.. u became a dream of years to me.. and u r a real angel, that is flying far away and iam waiting u to come and make me fly with u anyway, away alone me and u only..u became a hope for me.." ETC.

I don't know may be he was honest in his feelings to me but it seems that it was just a game but why so many SO FANTASTIC WORDS?[/B][/QUOTE]

Jamilah, this is PRIVATE STUFF, why do you post this for all to see???

Yes it's a bit of bad taste here, plus it's unspecific - this messsage could be sent to 100 women. Was it addressed to you only or was the address hidden (meaning he could send it to 100 women and you would never know)

Well I don't know your age, maybe for someone very young this is no big deal. Anyway, these messages speak of his LUST for you, not about love, so don't put too much weight on them.

Good luck in finding the right one for you!

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Jamilah, this is PRIVATE STUFF, why do you post this for all to see???

Yes it's a bit of bad taste here, plus it's unspecific - this messsage could be sent to 100 women. Was it addressed to you only or was the address hidden (meaning he could send it to 100 women and you would never know)

Well I don't know your age, maybe for someone very young this is no big deal. Anyway, these messages speak of his LUST for you, not about love, so don't put too much weight on them.

Good luck in finding the right one for you!

Lori"

The thing is that my friend got something like the same.. that's why... Come on Lori don't judge me strong Like it's been told here we can meet such guys everywhere in the world
I wanted to tell that not only low class can tell such words!

Regards

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com