EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Someone can help me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone can help me?
leyeli
Member # 2729

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leyeli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to all.

In these day I have read many post in this web site.

There are many thing i have understand and...other I didn't understand.

Now I have a little problem...I hope that someone can help me to understand better.

I have met on line Egyptian man of 28 years old.(i am 31 years old)
He is much tender, sweet, loving one with me.
He wants to know me.
HE wants to meet me.
Many times have asked to me to come to the Cairo in order to see he and to know his family.
A day he has sended me a wonderful bouquet of red roses, chocolates and a peluche .
My problem is that I cannot come to Egypt in these days. I have I work that now I cannot leave. It's very strong .
I have seen for a long week end to Cairo...but it' is most expensive for me...

It's more expensive a long week end to the Cairo that one week to Sharm with a last minute.
So he said to me he can to pay my trip to Cairo.
I cannot accept.
So ,in the last he have decided to come by me.
In the last he has decided to come from me for along week end.

How can I understand that he is a serious man whit me????
He has said about me to his mother and his sister. He says to me that the mother wants to know and to meet me. A day the sister, joking, said that we are crazy. His mother is sure that her son wants to marry one western woman.
He has not never said "I love you". He said that he wants tell to me watching in my eyes.
We can speak about all.
We spoke about our different life and culture.He is not closed about my mind and my life.
Now, after all the one which I read on the men Egyptians, what I must think about him?

CAN YOU HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THIS SITUATION?
I can say tht i like you...but i don't want wrong.

Thanks a lot.
Sorry for my bad English!!!

Posts: 9 | From: italy | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. It is difficult to know if a man from the Internet is serious or not, and more difficult if the communication isn't very very clear. May I ask? What language do the two of you communicate in? What nationality are you? And where do you live?
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leyeli
Member # 2729

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leyeli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Debbie
I know it' is very diffucult to know if a man is serious.
This is not only for Egyptian but for all world people,man and woman.

About me i can said I am italian woman,and i live in italy.
We speak english language.
He is very good whit English language(for his work he must know very good englis...PS:he don't work with tourism).

I would want to know which his behaviors must be in my cares.
What is right and what is not right?

Take care yourself!

Posts: 9 | From: italy | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leyeli:
Dear Debbie
I know it' is very diffucult to know if a man is serious.
This is not only for Egyptian but for all world people,man and woman.

About me i can said I am italian woman,and i live in italy.
We speak english language.
He is very good whit English language(for his work he must know very good englis...PS:he don't work with tourism).

I would want to know which his behaviors must be in my cares.
What is right and what is not right?

Take care yourself!

have you ever met ?
if no , its just a matter of getting use to each other.
some people like to have dificult relations where so many sadness and hurts and crying
so let me just tell you life is complicated enough , you don't have to make it worst.
you sure have more important subjects in life that need your efforts than a long distance not seing love

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear leyeli,
sorry, but i cannot understand from what you are talking about. So how can anybody help you?
How can you say that you love a man you never met in your life? What do you want, if you tell us on the board "you need help"??
I guess, it is much better if you go to egypt, meet this guy, see if you than "love" him and make your decision if you eventually want to be with him or not. Try to see this country first and try to understand the people in this wonderful country. Forget a dream and take the reality!
There are so many thinks to take care about:
mentality, religion, it starts with the attitude of an egypt man and it ends with the food you bring on the table! Not the age, the age is not so important! Before you make a decision what is changing your complete life, try to live in egypt for a while and try to understand the feelings of egypt and its people. We are not living in the century of Cäsar and Kleopatra!!
A marriage with an egypt means: You do this for the rest of your life. An egypt man does not change his wife any few years or be divorced after a short time! To marry an egypt means: Sharing the life with him, be his wife for ever and accept, that he is the "boss" in this relation ship. And it means for you, that you have not the same freedom as you had before! You have to follow him and you have to listen! If you have children (most important for an egypt) they have to live in egypt as muslim (even if you leave that country you cannot take your children with!)
I can give you all infos you want - but first try to buye some books about islam, religion, life style, egypt a.s.o. and then try to learn a little bit of the language (not easy). Meet your bf in egypt and learn to understand him!
Good luck for you and take care!
Aischa

quote:
Hello to all.

Now I have a little problem...I hope that someone can help me to understand better.

He wants to know me.
HE wants to meet me.
Many times have asked to me to come to the Cairo in order to see he and to know his family.
A day he has sended me a wonderful bouquet of red roses, chocolates and a peluche .
My problem is that I cannot come to Egypt in these days. I have I work that now I cannot leave. It's very strong .

It's more expensive a long week end to the Cairo that one week to Sharm with a last minute.
I cannot accept.

He has said about me to his mother and his sister. He says to me that the mother wants to know and to meet me. A day the sister, joking, said that we are crazy. His mother is sure that her son wants to marry one western woman.
He has not never said "I love you". He said that he wants tell to me watching in my eyes.
We can speak about all.
We spoke about our different life and culture.He is not closed about my mind and my life.
Now, after all the one which I read on the men Egyptians, what I must think about him?

Thanks a lot.

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused
Member # 2797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ciao amica
anche io sono italiana e anche io ho una storia con un egiziano però io l'ho incontrato in egitto
gli uomini egiziani sono fantastici ti sanno conquistare come nessun italiano sa fare
però vacci con i piedi di piombo o ti fai male, te lo dico per esperienza personale,
ora che la mia storia con lui sta diventando strana mi domando continuamente MI AMA DAVVERO? mi rendo conto che ho preso troppo sul serio tutto, ero pronta ad abbandonare la mia vita in italia e se me lo chiedesse forse lo farei ancora, ma solo il tempo può rispondere alle nostre domande e ai nostri dubbi.
tu cerca di conoscerlo , cerca di capire al meglio chi è e cosa vuole (lo so non è facile) poi la famiglia viene dopo , molto spesso le famiglie sono contro i legami tra un uomo egiziano e una donna occidentale perchè le famiglie vogliono che i figli sposino delle giovani ragazzine egiziane ritenute più adatte di noi donne " viziate" europee
per qualsiasi cosa io sono qui

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leyeli
Member # 2729

Rate Member
Cara amica,
grazie per la tua risposta ....ma credo di aver risolto egregiamente il mio problema.Era una situazione troppo difficile e strana da sostenere...non che mi sia tirata indietro...ma troppe stranezze non mi piacciono.
E' vero tutto ciò che dici...sono pienamente d'accordo in merito al modo che hanno di conquistare...
Cmq non credo che aggiunger altri post qui ...ma non mancherò di leggere...
Resta cmq come fatto importante che AMO L'EGITTO PER LA SUA GRANDE STORIA E CIVILTA'...PER I SUOI TEMPLI E I SUOI MISTERI...PER IL SUO CALDO VENTO...PER I SUOI MERAVIGLIOSI FONDALI...ED IL SUO Tè.

Mi piacerebbe poter scambiare con te qualche e-mail...sempre che a te sia gradito.
Ti lascio la mia e-mail...leyeli@lycos.it...se vorrai scrivermi sarà cosa a me molto gradita.
Grazie.
Ciao

tlc
Member # 1440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you may have found yourself a true gentleman. Why, because he wants you to meet his family. Very important in the Arab culture. Also, he is willing to pay for you to travel so he is not looking for your money. Finally, he is close to your age!

I hope you plan to meet each other soon, he seems to be honest with you. Certainly not all men are like the ones that are posted in this forum. I would like to agree with other comments about this subject in that you learn as much as you can about Islam.

Posts: 59 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LYAKOUT
Member # 2426

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for LYAKOUT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I haven't been on this forum for quite awhile. But I do have something to say. My brother in law who is Egyptian and is very active in his religion (prays 5x's a day or more) has been married to his wife for over 10 years and she is Italian!! She doesn't practice his religion and they have the sweetest relationship and no kids. They are very independent. So I say go for it. There are jerks in all races. I love my husband he is wonderful. You live one life just be true to yourself.
Ciao

Posts: 17 | From: BOSTON,MA,USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Italian friend,

I gather you haven't yet met him for that bridge date. The next time he calls, say, "Before we meet, I'm not trying to interrogate you, but I'd like some personal details. Like, Have you ever been married? Maybe he's the mystery man.

Ask him for his home telephone number but don't give him yours.

To explain your request, laugh and say lightly, "A girl's gotta be careful these days, you know."

A phone call can reveal much about a person’s communication and social skills.

Please use sound judgment and be responsible for your conduct. In both the virtual and real worlds, common sense is your best safety tool.

Take all the time you need to test for a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way. If you suspect someone is lying, he probably is, so act accordingly.

Be responsible about romance, and don’t fall in love at the click of a mouse.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magdy Mohamed
Member # 3218

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdy Mohamed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear,
Are you naif ? Egyptian man will not stay forever for an older woman, this man wants to travel to your country even the family share with his play with you it depend on what kind of family they are. Poor and economy problems in Egypt push young men to do anything to travel abroad. Be sure that he will marry you and after he get his green card he will be ended to marry Egyptian girl because she is the only one who can understand the egyptian man.

look for someone in your culture
Magdy

quote:
Hello to all.

He wants to know me.
HE wants to meet me.

I cannot accept.

We can speak about all.

Thanks a lot.

------------------
Magdy Mohamed

Posts: 1 | From: Holland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Magdy Mohamed,
what does it mean " only an egyptian girl can understand an egyptian man"??
I guess, in a normal relation ship, it does not any matter if the man is three years younger or not. An europen woman is of course different than an egyptian women, because with 21 she is still very young!! She has more chances to do a lot for herself.
Otherwise, why only a woman has to understand a man? Why a man has not to understand a woman? In which century are you living? Dear, to think and to feel as an european the wearing of a jeans is not enough!! You need the right attidute for a life to be happy with a wife, and you, as an egyptian have to come down from your palm tree and you ignorance!! Sorry, but as far as I know, there are a lot of prostitutes in Hurghada in Sharm el Sheik and for sure it is time, to warn every woman who thinks that one of those guys is ownest.
And for leyeli: Dont touch one of these egyptians!!!!
from aischa with love
quote:
Originally posted by Magdy Mohamed:
Dear,
Are you naif ? Egyptian man will not stay forever for an older woman, this man wants to travel to your country even the family share with his play with you it depend on what kind of family they are. Poor and economy problems in Egypt push young men to do anything to travel abroad. Be sure that he will marry you and after he get his green card he will be ended to marry Egyptian girl because she is the only one who can understand the egyptian man.

look for someone in your culture
Magdy

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
leyeli, what happened since your last post? keep us updated, please!
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leyeli
Member # 2729

Rate Member
I am very astonished to read how many stupid people write and think.

I have prefered toclse this story for thi impossibility to continue it.
But the problem was not the distance and the culture...but the not live it...

I have read good words and beautiful post...but for others post i have not words ....and we are in 2003...

Melanie1982
Member # 3038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie1982     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
leyli
Don't worry what people say if you feel it is right you should try it otherwise you might miss out on something wonderful. Just keep a clear mind and understand everything that is going on around you and trust your gut instinct then there is only yourself to blame if something goes wrong. Don't be put off by what has happened to others. Just tlearn form their mistakes and ensure the same does'nt happen to you

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nadia1
Member # 3355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nadia1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, have you noticed how online romance escalated a million folds after the movie "You've Got mail" come on now, falling in love with someone you never even met? DAH. The movie was fun but that was all really , it was "a movie" and it was "fun" that's all, and LIFE DOES NOT IMITATE ART, do you really expect to find a tom hanks on the other side?
Posts: 18 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nadia1:
do you really expect to find a tom hanks on the other side?

oh man..... don't we wish!!!!!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ubermacht003
Member # 3368

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ubermacht003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

hello friend also I am Italian and also I have one history with an Egyptian for? I have met it in Egypt the men Egyptians I am fantastic I know to you to conquer as no Italian knows to make for? it goes to us with the lead feet or you make yourself badly, you I say for personal experience, hour that my history with he is becoming strange wonders continuously LOVES to ME INDEED? I become account that I have taken too much seriously all, I was ready to abandon my life in Italy and perhaps if me it asked I would still make it, but only the time pu? to answer to our questions and our doubts. you it tries to know it, tries to understand R-al.meglio who? and what wants (knows it not? easy) then the family comes after, a lot often the families are against the ties between a man Egyptian and one western woman perch? the families want that the sons marry of the young children thought Egyptians devout? adapted of we European women "vitiated" for whichever thing I I am here

Posts: 6 | From: Swaziland South Africa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ubermacht003
Member # 3368

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ubermacht003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Beloved friend, thanks for your answer... ma creed to have resolved dearly my problema.Era a situation difficult and too much strange to support... not that too many stranezze are pulled me behind... but not me piacciono. True E' all that that you say... is totally of agreement with respect to the way that they have to conquer... Cmq not creed that to add others post... but I will not lack here to read... ITS Tea remains cmq like important fact that I LOVE EGYPT FOR ITS GREAT HISTORY and CIVILTA'... FOR ITS TEMPLI and ITS MYSTERIES... FOR ITS WARM WIND... FOR ITS WONDERFUL ones I FOUND THEM... AND. It would appeal to to me to be able to always exchange with you some email... that to you it is appreciate. I leave my email you... leyeli@lycos.it... if you will want to write to me will be what to me a lot appreciate. Thanks. Hello

Posts: 6 | From: Swaziland South Africa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a strange feeling you wrote this in Italian and had it translated by an automatic internet translator. Am I right?

I can translate it very quickly, if you write it in Italian, as it is very difficult to follow and to understand.

quote:
Originally posted by ubermacht003:

hello friend also I am Italian and also I have one history with an Egyptian for? I have met it in Egypt the men Egyptians I am fantastic I know to you to conquer as no Italian knows to make for? it goes to us with the lead feet or you make yourself badly, you I say for personal experience, hour that my history with he is becoming strange wonders continuously LOVES to ME INDEED? I become account that I have taken too much seriously all, I was ready to abandon my life in Italy and perhaps if me it asked I would still make it, but only the time pu? to answer to our questions and our doubts. you it tries to know it, tries to understand R-al.meglio who? and what wants (knows it not? easy) then the family comes after, a lot often the families are against the ties between a man Egyptian and one western woman perch? the families want that the sons marry of the young children thought Egyptians devout? adapted of we European women "vitiated" for whichever thing I I am here

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we keep wishing, we are so naives for sure....but I guess it's fun...as long as he is genuine, and romantic and well... okay.... handsome is nice too not necessarily Tom Hanks though!

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
oh man..... don't we wish!!!!!

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
I have a strange feeling you wrote this in Italian and had it translated by an automatic internet translator. Am I right?

Geez Louise! Is that what happened to that? Swell software program isn't it? LOL

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:

Geez Louise! Is that what happened to that? Swell software program isn't it? LOL

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 10 January 2004).]

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do agree with Magdy Mohamed. Off course what many of u girls say is true, what concerning the age. However, the situation when a woman is older then man is usual in European countries not in Egypt. And for egyption man it is VERY VERY important that the girl he is going to marry is a virgyn. Because if we are talking about real egyption man who has serious view on the woman he expects he to be virgin and ...egyption as well. And if we are talking about resort egyptions, there is no differense for them, as the only use foreign woman. Off course there are always exeptions, but it is so rare. However,the auther of the post asked an advise and i would say my opinion. Let him come to ur country to see u, and he should live in the hotel. He should pay for his visit and hotel himself off course. Tell him that u have problems with money, in case he will decide to ask for a "help" after. If it happen u will be able to say:"Darling I told u I don't have money". And if u decide to go to him, I wolud allow him to pay the visit and wouldn't sleep with him. In Egypt a MAN should pay for everything! It is NORMAL for that country. It is not Europe where man and foman pay separately. And if he loves u and respect as egyption woman, he willn't allow u to pay for anything, because he will never allow to do such thing to egyption woman. They are just different we should understand it. By the way, in my opinion, it is normal when a man pays for a woman. Especially when he invites her somewhere (even in his country). At least in my country it is still like that, however the european imfluence has already touched some of our men. Luckely not so many Good luck
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way I think it is difficult for man to fall in love with woman through the Net as men love with eyes. They should see the object to feel for it. And women on contrary can fall in love with a man without seing him only listening for his words.

However, I want to say there are lucky exeptions. Hope ur guy is one of them.

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I cannot accept.

Why? Let him pay for everything as it is a man's obligation in Egypt. Let him show u Cairo and Egypt for his account, off course. And then u decide if u want to be with him or not. ;0 But don't be surprised when u tell this him somebody of his relatives will become ill.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com