EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian men
charitylouise@hotmail.com
Member # 3607

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for charitylouise@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard so much about Egyptian men, good bad or indifferent. It's an enigma yet when I was there I met a man who had to be the suavest person I ever met. He was smooth personified and now I ask myself, "was he just a gigolo?" I met him at an expensive hotel as I was sitting in the bar just having a glass of wine. I'd had a long day and he came in and sat down at the other end of the bar. I never noticed him except for the fact that he peeped his head around a column several times in order to look at me. Finally, one thing lead to another and he was sitting at my table and we were into a heavy political discussion about Egypt. He was very brilliant and I'm not so dumb, and I'm not ugly either. I am 25 years older than him however. To make a long story short, I only saw him another 2 times because I travelled around Egypt and called him when I was back in Cairo. He was amazingly polite and gave me some lovely gifts before I left AND HE PAID FOR EVERYTHING EVERYTIME I SAW HIM. He paid out quite a bit for an Egyptian and now he has told me that he loves me, but we did indeed have an incredible connection of spirit. In some cases, it's hard to know what is real and what is not because love has been so misused in that country on account of poverty and need. Any thoughts?
Posts: 8 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just take it steady Louise, remember they are very good at gaining our trust and confidence before hitting us with reality. You may be lucky, you may have found one of the good ones. So go for it.... but keep your hand on your wallet and keep a lock on your heart until you are absolutely sure that he is what he appears to be.
Just because he was in a swanky hotel doesnt mean he is wealthy, lol, what better place to find a wealthy woman!
Dont rush into anything, be suspicious constantly, always remembering they are extremely good at playing the waiting game.
I sincerely hope things do work for you, there are good matches and happy fulfilling relationships, but they are in the minority in tourist areas.
Good luck

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charitylouise@hotmail.com
Member # 3607

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for charitylouise@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it may be real, but I'm not so stupid because I did ask him about his first thoughts when he saw me and he said "well, I just thought you were an older lady that wanted....." Wanted what? Well, it turns out he does want to get married and leave the country but who can blame him? What opportunities are there for him, an educated, ambitious, intelligent person. If I were going to be taken for what I can give, I'd be doing it with my eyes wide open.
Posts: 8 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met 3 years ago an ingredible good Egyptian man.I am thankful for every minute I have known him.I hope to be able to love him forever and if it is not possible I will not regret anything.I have got so much from him many beautiful moments and thoughts and feelings that I thought did't excist.He is the best person I have ever known and I have known quite many and from many different countries and cultures.But my Egyptian man is absolutelu the best.
He is not rich but he has so much to give to me I have learned so much from me even about myself.Our life is not easy but our relationship is beautiful.
All Egyptian men are not bad

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charitylouise@hotmail.com:
Yes, it may be real, but I'm not so stupid because I did ask him about his first thoughts when he saw me and he said "well, I just thought you were an older lady that wanted....." Wanted what? Well, it turns out he does want to get married and leave the country but who can blame him? What opportunities are there for him, an educated, ambitious, intelligent person. If I were going to be taken for what I can give, I'd be doing it with my eyes wide open.

Eyes wide open is good Louise..... it means you can have a wonderful time, and you will not end up getting hurt!
Go for it girl!!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Eyes wide open is good Louise..... it means you can have a wonderful time, and you will not end up getting hurt!
Go for it girl!!

Oh come on girls....even with eyes wide open you can still be blind-sided or stabbed in the back, but at least the obvious won't get you.

Best of luck and hope it works out great. Just keep your eyes moving, and mirrors at your back!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Oh come on girls....even with eyes wide open you can still be blind-sided or stabbed in the back, but at least the obvious won't get you.

Best of luck and hope it works out great. Just keep your eyes moving, and mirrors at your back!

True Debbie, but that can happen no matter what society we live in. And even the obvious can catch us unawares sometimes. And now I have a vision of you in a certain disco with your eyes moving and mirrors at your back reflecting the glare of 50LE notes!

Sasy Cat
Member # 1250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasy Cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CharityLouise - he does not have to be married to leave the country. He has to have an Egyptian Passport - before he can even apply for a Visa to another country. Egyptian passports are not particularly easy to obtain - depending on his job, his military service and whether or not he is an upstanding citizen of his country. Just by (him) having his passport, can tell you a fair amount about him. When he has a passport, he can apply for a Visa - but again being married to a foreigner isn't going to really affect whether or not he gets it. Since 9/ll the majority of visas are refused - read back in the posts - some married couples have been waiting up to 4 years - and are still not living together. Be careful - visit other resorts on your own - you will find many instant marriage proposals from good-looking, educated and interesting Egyptian guys - and some may even be closer to your age. Don't rush! You have the pick of the crop!
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sasycat,

about the passport, it used to be difficult to get an Egypt. passport, but in the last few years there have been big changes, and about everybody I know has his/her own passport, so it can not be that difficult anymore. Only the men have to clarify their army their status, but clearly a man in the 30' upwards will not have any trouble in this.

So just to have a passport alone, still does not say anything.

Be careful Louise, but give it a try, if you did not, you will never know if he was for real.

Peace, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasy Cat:
Egyptian passports are not particularly easy to obtain - depending on his job, his military service and whether or not he is an upstanding citizen of his country.

Any Egyptian can get a passport in 24 hours, unless he is in the army.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charitylouise@hotmail.com:
we were into a heavy political discussion about Egypt. He was very brilliant and I'm not so dumb, and I'm not ugly either. I am 25 years older than him however.

I guess the lad needs a mother, not a lover.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come no one here sees that 25 years difference - both ways - is not recommended in the long run, for obvious reasons and regardless of his feelings towards the nice lady?

And why would a lady 'believe' that a man 25 years old younger, is 'in love' with her?

And last but not least, what happenned to all the men in the world? is there no other than a 25 YEARS YOUNGER Egyptian man around?

Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasy Cat
Member # 1250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasy Cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
karinfarid & jaguar: thanks for updating me. Got to admit it's been awhile since I was involved with "passports" in Egypt, and glad to know that things are moving along quicker than in the past. It will certainly make life easier for the applicants.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
And now I have a vision of you in a certain disco with your eyes moving and mirrors at your back reflecting the glare of 50LE notes!

And that is the way to play with them. Kind of like a cat with a ball of string.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com