EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Advice Marriage To an Egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice Marriage To an Egyptian
mbkarmani
Member # 3648

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mbkarmani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be grateful if someone would give me some advice. I have met an Egyptian man in Holland who is a coptic chrstian. We have known each other for 1 year now and he wants to marry me. He will need to go to Egypt first and then we can get married and then I will have to apply for a Spouses visa. This is all new to me and wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation. I have a few reservations after reading stories from this site and would appreciate some help. I can be contacted on 0794921009.
Posts: 1 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charitylouise@hotmail.com
Member # 3607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charitylouise@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the rush to get married? Leave it for awhile, if you feel hesitant, DON'T RUSH IT. Go with your intuitions girl.
Posts: 8 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ur story seems to be a bit different. The majority of the girls on such sites are going to mary 2 weeks after they meet a guy. It is stupid. And u know him for one year. It is quite a long time. What makes u doubt him? Do u think he can use u or what?
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you compare your man to the stories focused on 'gigolos' on this board?

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

I am happy that you might found the man of your dreams. After one year together you should really know his character and personality and if you both match well together. So don't worry and follow your heart. You do love him, right?
Have you been to Egypt already, did you meet his family? Are you a little afraid of going and experience his country? Don't worry, you will just do fine. And maybe anyway you will settle down in Holland together.
Good luck to both of you!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 03 April 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shushi
Member # 2417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shushi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that despite all the negative experiences mentioned on this forum there are some sucessful unions as well. I met my husband in Italy in 1984 and this year we will have been married for 19 years. When I first met him I soon found out that he had dated women from every European country and had 3 shoeboxes of letters from women all declaring their undying love for him. Being young (only 18) and willing to take a chance, I did marry him and have never regretted it. We now have a wonderful 9 year old son and three homes - one in London, one in Durham and one in Heliopolis in Cairo. Despite all the warnings from people and the prejudice we faced, we have a stronger relationship now than ever before. My advice to you would be to follow your intuition and maybe, like me, you have found a gem!

Posts: 26 | From: Darlington, Co. Durham, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is a huge age-difference or other significant differences I would think twice if I were you. Depending on what you want from the relationship that is.
Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How far do you think you know that guy?

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com