EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Nightlife in Downtown Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nightlife in Downtown Cairo?
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to Cairo in July/August and do not think I will survive with out my parties Can anyone recommend any good clubs in downtown Cairo, preferably somewhere with a bit of class. Not a strip club or anything!!
Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

There are no stripclubs in Egypt ..... unless you strip off your own clothes and this will be definitely the last time you will able to enter this club!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

There are no stripclubs in Egypt ..... unless you strip off your own clothes and this will be definitely the last time you will able to enter this club!

hehe and if public will like it? Maybe they will allow to visit it once more? lol

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to give you some good tips, please note, I haven't been there for six years but they are all still running well.

Jackie's Joint
in the Nile Hilton Hotel
Corniche El Nile
Downtown
Tel. 578-4444
(my fav.....)

Tamango
in the Atlas Zamalek Hotel
20, Gamet Dawal Al Arabia St.
Mohandseen
Tel. 346-6569 (Operator)

Upstairs
in the World Trade Center
Corniche El Nile
Tel. 578-3334

Crazy House Disco
1, Salah Salem Str.
Tel. 366-1082
(this one I don't know personally).

But start your clubbing with some drinks at pubs, you will easily meet new people and they can advise you where else to go:

Harry's Pub
in the Marriott Hotel
Zamalek
Tel. 735-8888

Deals
2 Maahad Al Swissry
Zamalek
(I met my hubby there!)
Tel. 736-0502

Pub 28
28, Shagaret Al Dor St.
Zamalek
Tel. 735-9200

Le Tabasco
8, Midan Amman
Dokki
Tel. 336-5583

Windows On The World
Ramses Hilton Hotel
Downtown
Tel. 577-7444
(this one is a very classy one and must-see)

Los Amigos
in the Semiramis Inter-Continental Hotel
Corniche El Nile
Downtown
Tel. 796-3020 (Operator)
(I am not sure if this one is still operating).

Ok, that's just as a start. I am sure other ES members can give you more recommendations.
By the way there is a very informative book out called "Cairo" by Lonely Planet Publications, ISBN 1-86450-115-4, which gives you a great insight into everything (I own the 2nd edition from Feb 2002).

So, GiggleGirl, get the party started and have a great time ..........

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 21 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jackies closed down. it's now called latex.

try www.yallabina.com for the latest info on where to go in cairo/alex

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Oh, I am really stunned that Jackie's closed down. I have so many wonderful memories .......

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I get the feeling youdon't like me much from this quote and the other, 'lovely' message you placed on my other question thingy...'What do I wear?'. Anyway, for your information, I am not likely to strip off my own clothes in public. OK, sometimes I might not wear many...but if you've got it, flaunt it I say! God gave you your body, it's not something you should be ashamed of showing.

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a typical party girl, but like most other...yes, I do have a brain and yes I am actually a nice person apart from when I am offended. Thank you for that list of clubs and the recommended book!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hey, Giggle, I am not aware that I was in any way offending you by something I said in another post. But anyway, what do you mean in specific? Please clarify here.

Actually it took me half an hour to type some of your requested information down .... but anyway, no hard feelings from my side.

And you are wrong if you think you should show off your assets ..... at least not in a country like Egypt. The less the better, believe me.

Anyway, enjoy your vacation .....

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 22 March 2004).]

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
I did not say I would 'flaunt my assets' in Egypt did I? Were those the exact words I typed on the page? No. As to the topic I thought you posted. I extend my apologies. You did not say what I thought you did. It was somebody else. Once again I am sorry. The other comment still annoys me though.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Well, I am just trying to tell you what NOT to expect in Egypt.

So, lets have peace ("salam" in arabic) - especially right now the world needs lots of it (check the news!)

I am still envying you because you will have such a great time in Egypt.........

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There are no stripclubs in Egypt .....

Are you kidding? Ever been to Pyramid Road?

GiggleGirl, Cairo has a vibrating nightlife, but you don't find as many discos/clubs as you would in another city; most of the places where you can dance are in hotels, for example ... and, yeah, I miss Jackie's, too, for all its 80's style tackiness ...

You got many good tips already; another place that's really good for dancing is the Jazzclub on Wednesday nights. Cozy atmosphere, very groovy music and a relaxed crowd of Egyptians and foreigners shaking their bodies ... very nice.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 24 March 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comte de Monte-Cristo
Member # 1331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comte de Monte-Cristo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia? howdy? location???? back to cairo??? horses are still waiting :-) and better weather for diving :-)
Posts: 87 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Monsieur Le Comte,

I've been back to Cairo for about ten days but couldn't contact anyone. My mobile line is still disconnected (although I payed a huge deposit, a connection fee and went through all kinds of paperwork, grr!) and for some strange reason I can't even access the phone numbers on my SIM card.

Also the power cable of my laptop broke on my second day here and it took me a while to get a replacement (bcs getting anything for an Apple is quite difficult in Cairo).

And ... I lost most of the contacts of my e-mail address book. So please give me a ring at home whenever you have time (I don't go to work at the moment) or shoot me a mail.

Would love to go horseback riding or out for a drink soon.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Are you kidding? Ever been to Pyramid Road

Dalia: do you mean that there are strip clubs in Pyramid road? I never heared of any .. and I am coming to Egypr next week.. can you give me a name and address of one of them please if you are aware of any.
Thanks.
Mohsen

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mohsen1000:

Are you kidding? Ever been to Pyramid Road

Dalia: do you mean that there are strip clubs in Pyramid road? I never heared of any .. and I am coming to Egypr next week.. can you give me a name and address of one of them please if you are aware of any.
Thanks.
Mohsen

Strip clubs are disgusting. What do you want to go to one of those for??

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know. Before anyone says anything. 'Stupid Question'!!
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:

Would love to go horseback riding or out for a drink soon.

My God I love your smilies , where do you get these??? hey can you put them all together in one post ???they realy make me laugh

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigglegirl:
Have I said that I want to go to any one at all??? asking for name and address does not mean that I want to pay a visit to any ...also I live in London where there are millions of them here ..so I do not need to go to Egypt to see any.. only to enhance my information with knowledge as I work in Information field any way

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mohsen1000:
Gigglegirl:
asking for name and address does not mean that I want to pay a visit to any

LOL, now that makes sense.
Anyway - I'm afraid I can't give you any names and addresses because I don't visit those places myself, in fact I would hate it. But I do have a couple of friends who go there sometimes, that's why I know.

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Well I do not expect you Dalia to go strip clubs any way unless they are emale stripers..lol.. any way I do not think the information that you had from your friends is real... as I am sure ther is no such thing in Egypt .. unless they conisedr the belly dance as striptease
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
LOL, I hate male strippers, too muscular and polished for my taste. And besides, female bodies are definitely much nicer to look at.

And, yes, the information is real and I was not talking about bellydance. But of course they are not officially declared as strip clubs, you have to know where to go and when ...

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
you have to know where to go and when ..

Dalia: I really do not know ehere to go and when and I am coming to Egypt nxt week as I said before and really will appreciate if you can give me more details .. where to go and when.. you do not have to post here you can e-mail me you will find my e-mail in my profile... by the way I do agree with you that female bodies are much nicer to look at .. but is this what you think from a female point of view? or you mean for male point of view?...lol
By the way Dalia do you live in Egypt or away?

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Ahem ... I think I'm stepping out of this thread before anyone keeps me in mind a as an expert on strip clubs.

mohsen, as I said in my previous post, I can not give you any details because I don't have them. It wouldn't be a problem to find out but, quite frankly, I don't want to because I don't approve of the idea of women showing their bodies for money.

Sorry ...

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Which means there are no strip clubs in Egypt (as I said before).

If people doing their own little shows its up to them ...... but they have to deal with the consequences if being catched.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 01 April 2004).]

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
It wouldn't be a problem to find out !!!
Dalia: do you me it would not be a problem for YOU to get me the information??? So would you please get them to me, as I do not know how to get them Please.Thanks in Advance Dalia.

anedra
Member # 3963

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anedra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiggleGirl:
I am going to Cairo in July/August and do not think I will survive with out my parties Can anyone recommend any good clubs in downtown Cairo, preferably somewhere with a bit of class. Not a strip club or anything!!

Hi I'm Andrea,

I've been in Cairo for 10 months and I miss haram(a lot)"Cairo Jazz Club" go there when u will be in Cairo it's very nice...
Ciao

Posts: 3 | From: Italy | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Hi Anedra:
What is (Cairo jazz club?) and where is it.. do you have any address and is it only for Jazz music or what else?
Regards.
Mohsen

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cairojazzclub.com/

It's a really nice hangout and they serve good food. Luckily it's only five minutes away from my home, so I go there a lot.

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Thanks Dalia.. But do I understand that you are going to meet me there or what? you said you go there a lot!!! how can I recognize you by the way?!!! LOL
mimohaswan@hotmail.com
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimohaswan@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigglegirl this is the topics where you can find your self!!!!but when iam talking about the dead people in iraq you got mad and you saked me to go to psychiatric!!!

Posts: 17 | From: aswan/egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimohaswan@hotmail.com
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimohaswan@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigglegirl this is the topics where you can find your self!!!!but when iam talking about the dead people in iraq you got mad and you asked me to go to psychiatric!!!

Posts: 17 | From: aswan/egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mimohaswan@hotmail.com:
gigglegirl this is the topics where you can find your self!!!!but when iam talking about the dead people in iraq you got mad and you asked me to go to psychiatric!!!

LOL...here, I can find part of myself. The part thst likes to forget all things serious and have fun. Do you have that side? Or do you just like to rant about something you can do nothing about? You'll give yourself a hernia. I'm sure you don't want a laparoscopic hernia repair treatment. Not that nice, but much better than cutting through the layers of good skin to get to the hernia. All that happens in a laparoscopic hernia repair treatment is a laparoscope it inserted through a puncture in the abdominal wall, and then two more narrow tubes are inserted through the abdominal wall so that the surgical instruments can be palced. Then the hernia is identifies and repaired by stapling a patch over the defect in the abdominal wall.
So, don't stress. I'm sure you don't want one of those treatments!!

Increase Peace
Member # 4312

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Increase Peace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey july and aug isn't a hot season in cairo as much as agami ( a summer resort in alexandria 2 hours far from cairo) but plz forget about the huge list above coz most of the places r closed many years ago and the working ones r crap i'm a dj for 9 years and i'm telling u if u wanna party agami is the place or sharm elsheikh since they opened the 1st Pacha club in the middle east in sharm elsheikh very cool club
but if ur stuck in cairo check out
-latex nile hilton
-high heels nile hilton
-absolute ( infront of world trade center down town)
-sangeria ( infront of world trade center down town )
-obergine ( zamalek )
-cairo jazz club (mohandessin)

if u need more info plz contact me

[This message has been edited by Increase Peace (edited 17 May 2004).]

Posts: 24 | From: cairo - alex | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIGerlilly, an expert on cairo night life as well?? I am so impressed!!
As an egyptian guy , i gotta say: u r the most beautiful woman in the world, u r everything to me, u r all i think of day and night!

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianGuy:
TIGerlilly, an expert on cairo night life as well?? I am so impressed!!
As an egyptian guy , i gotta say: u r the most beautiful woman in the world, u r everything to me, u r all i think of day and night!

Gosh, you start getting me nervous now .......... I am wondering. Do we know each other?

Btw, my disco time is over for now. I still love to dance though. Right now I am just "rocking my kids". Take care!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mouny-Cairo
Member # 2490

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mouny-Cairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can help u giggle girl
also i can join u
send me on mouny22@hotmail.com

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was being funny katrina
Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
i was being funny katrina
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neo
Member # 4433

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, when was the last time you were out of your shells?
Check out:
Latex, high heels, L’aubergine, Cairo Jazz Club, Rhitmo (only in Tuesdays and with lots of friends), Sangria, Absolute Asia, you could have a late or early drink in Bar Ten (la bodega). And as mentioned before… check out www.yallabina.com or look for a free guide called “The Hopper” for the latest hangouts, reviews & party bookings.
Let me know what you’re up to … soldmybrains@yahoo.fr

Posts: 3 | From: Cairo , Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com