EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » best and worst hotels in luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best and worst hotels in luxor
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the sheraton...i love...sonesta...i nearly like isis..swimming pool is not good.etap...now coralia...loved it but to much hassle when you step out.meridian....dreadful staff on the desk???new winter palace....just???new karnak...cleanest hotel anywhere but a s....breakfast...but owner is spooky???emilio...say no more?windsor???murcure...i liked because of the long drive...no hassle.golden palace was so dirty...i stayed 1 night.but i feel the very worst was st. joseph...they have such an attitude...but they do serve bacon which is digusting...i mean its all fat....trying to think of others...to many.oh the merryland was interesting for all the archeologists who hang out there and the views to hatshepsut was spectacular...lousy breakfast though.the novotel i love for its friendliness and great views.

[This message has been edited by roddy (edited 02 April 2004).]

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChilliSnail
Member # 3757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChilliSnail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St George Sonesta is my favourite. Great staff who are genuinely helpful, really nice view of the Nile and they have a yummy breakfast.

Although I have never stayed at the Luxor Hilton, it is out of the town center, and from what I saw of the lobby area, it is very old and gloomy.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Chili, Sonesta is great. But Roddy, I have to day I love St Joseph. I have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and most of them have great views. And if you are desperate for bacon, who cares if it is fatty or not.
Sadly though, the tour companies seem to be pricing the St Joseph out of the market, there really isnt much difference in price now between St Joseph and Sonesta.
I also like the Egotel, but hate the rooms at the back of the Etap (reminds me of Butlins). The Emilio is fine if you are looking for budget, but the reception staff get grumpy if you wake them in the night trying to get in.
The Sheraton is lovely and I love their pool, but its a bit far out and as I love to walk everywhere its a bit of a bother.
But you cant make general comparisons unless you bring the star ratings into the conversation. St Joseph will never be the Sonesta.... 2star v 5 star?? Cant do it.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shareen,

I noticed that too - the Sonesta, St. Joseph and Emilio are in same price range.

I was hoping to get away in April/May before it gets hot and couldn't believe the prices.
1 week at Emilio inc flights was £349 and the Sonests was £369.

P.S. what is the Mercure Inn (Egotel) like?
I had a walk down the pathway one day and saw the pool then about turned and came back out.
It's got less than 100 rooms? are they big, do they face towards the pool area? does the air con work?
I saw a week there was cheaper than the Emilio and it is central. Would you stay there?

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Sadly though, the tour companies seem to be pricing the St Joseph out of the market, there really isnt much difference in price now between St Joseph and Sonesta.

What's wrong with you guys? You forget your old friend Deb? Hash prices are still good. Why the hell would you go through a tour company?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to be boring but only ever stayed at one hotel .we love it so much will never stay anywhere else. best location in luxor , only 5 minutes walk to the market one way and 5 minutes walk to some very nice restuarants the other way. staff are really friendly and always smilling , best view of the nile from any hotel room in luxor. great price too !!! when your getting your quote for the Sonesta, St. Joseph ,Emilio ,Mercure Inn etc,ask them to quote you for NOVOTEL , you will not be dissapointed !!!!
Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com