EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » New Moderators Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Moderators Needed
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know how we go about getting new moderators for this board. Non contentious threads are being deleted while insulting foul posts just get ignored. If the existing moderators are too busy or have commitments on other boards would they like to consider handing over the reigns and sharing the load. Would like to hear how we get this one sorted out and those that agree things need to change.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto Penny.

Threads that cover genuine topics disappear but threads that make personal attacks(under personal headings) are allowed to continue and the people that make personal attacks are allowed to continue making them.

People constantly moan that the forum is full of attacks against Egyptian men. How many lines deal with that subject area - very few in relation to the total number of lines. People read those particular lines because they are interesting abd entertaining but they do not follow them all the way through and jump in to attack on points that are not clear to them. It happened to me today.

Also there are those that attack and then try and pretend that they are the victims of someone's spite.

Come on moderators get your act together. Nobody wants to completely sanitise the forum as that will make it boring but there is a happy medium. Why not try and achieve it?

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 02 July 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I would like to know how we go about getting new moderators for this board. Non contentious threads are being deleted while insulting foul posts just get ignored. If the existing moderators are too busy or have commitments on other boards would they like to consider handing over the reigns and sharing the load. Would like to hear how we get this one sorted out and those that agree things need to change.

This forum is Great and the Moderators are Brilliant....
If you're looking for censorship, that's because you're weak.

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AGREE WITH YOU[ELMAGNOON]THEY TRYING TO SAY WHAT EVER THEY WANT AND NO ONE ALLOWED TO STOP THEM!!
LISTEN LADYS;WE ARE HERE TO CLEARFY THE SITAUTION AGAINST ALL THE DISGUSTING INFO,WHICH YOU THROUGH IT UP MORNING AND EVENING AGAINST EGYPT AND THE EGYPTIANS!!

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly we don't want censorship that is why we are asking for moderators that will not delete posts. Healthy debate is fine but foul language and insults are not. The moderators are not great... they are not doing their job... it took at least 3 days this week to get any sort of response and that was after a member actively tracked one down.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only people who think that the moderators are doing a good job are those that post spite and disgusting language and want it left on the system. Whole lines disappear because of them.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shumza
Member # 913

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for shumza   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me inform you all that the administrator of this board has not been heard from in over a year. I have tried(am still trying) to contact him and so far no response to my emails. He does not have much interest in this board, it is one of many that he set up. Believe me I would love to be removed as moderator of this board. He is the only one who can assign or change moderator status. So Penny, Jane, Luxorlover and anyone else, if you wish, write to him at sammy@egyptsearch.com or webmaster@egyptsearch.com. Please do me a favor and tell him how much I suck at being a moderator and to please remove me ASAP. I will be indebted to you forever. Whoever wants to moderate a board where there is no admin support be my guest. As far as my commitments on other boards, I am one of four admins on another board http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse of which Jane is a member and she knows that I have not been active there for quite some time.

I no longer wish to be a referee in the inane fights and childish feuds that take place on this board. When I delete it is said that I am too heavy handed, when I don't delete, you say I don't do enough. There is no happy medium because someone will be dissatisfied no matter what. I have already said that I do not check this board unless someone emails me about a problem, furthermore I will no longer respond to email asking me to delete/edit any threads or posts.

There are other Egypt related boards with better moderators, great admin support.
www.egypt-talk.net
www.youregypt.com
www.egyptmad.com
Women Only [url]http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse

YALLA!!

[This message has been edited by shumza (edited 04 July 2004).]

Posts: 360 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
realy you are the queen of dramaa!!!
they need to show up how they are very polite,weak victms and the other members just attacking them for nothing,,,
still the moderator is more than great,,,
salaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam ladys

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com