EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Once bitten twice shy? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Once bitten twice shy?
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Natashiah (edited 20 July 2004).]

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... small last word on Willies.... I have only experienced one Egyptian willy.... shall I say....'hung like a donkey'.... so.... statistically, 100% of my experiences have been BIG experiences!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I can safely say that my mohter-in-law is lovely. Cared for me when I was sick and is still my friend even though I have problems with my ex.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Manoesh
Member # 4770

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Manoesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Natashiah:
im relocating to Luxor...mmm yes im planning to marry another Egyptian....yes...I was married to an Egyptian before but it did not work out....So now im wondering what the hell is wrong with me.Why am I trying again...with an Egyptian...Am I nuts?

Mrs.Akshar...hope you will reply...you seem to be very wise!!

Yes typical of you woman...did you not learn your lesson?Now you want to come here again...what is it with you foreigners???????You are like infection...no matter how much penicilin we take you just come right back...whats next???Why dont you marry your own kind...it will be much easier...no problems...he will give good life to you.

Posts: 66 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by fridaies (edited 14 July 2004).]

Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
natashiah you are not nuts or ediot,!but you following your heart,i think its alright with it!
but still we have some questions;
why your egyptian guy insist to marry a foreigner women though he failed at the first time?
and what happened with his first wife make her run away?is it a matter or financial problems?or religous problems?or family problems?or what?y have to discover all the small things in his last marriage,of course by nice way,and i think its very easy to see how the things going in this matter for you as foreigner lady.
only to be clear and honest with your man[and also for examining him] tell him that you are broken[has no money at all]and you would live depend oh him as all our egyptian womens do!!and you prefare to not work but you stay at home[even if its not the true]just for testing him,and you would never move away from egypt,but you dream to stay here!!
then if he insist to marry you,its so clear he is not doing that for money or traveling out side egypt,!!
but also remember there are some egyptian guys get married with foreigners women only for their pride,!!i mean some of them believe that when he is married with foreigner women,he becoming so special[i know alot of them carring this kind of sickness in their minds]social sickness
wish you the best

for the other members please donot be carless when somebody need the advice!!

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2004:
natashiah you are not nuts or ediot,!but you following your heart,i think its alright with it!
but still we have some questions;
why your egyptian guy insist to marry a foreigner women though he failed at the first time?
and what happened with his first wife make her run away?is it a matter or financial problems?or religous problems?or family problems?or what?y have to discover all the small things in his last marriage,of course by nice way,and i think its very easy to see how the things going in this matter for you as foreigner lady.
only to be clear and honest with your man[and also for examining him] tell him that you are broken[has no money at all]and you would live depend oh him as all our egyptian womens do!!and you prefare to not work but you stay at home[even if its not the true]just for testing him,and you would never move away from egypt,but you dream to stay here!!
then if he insist to marry you,its so clear he is not doing that for money or traveling out side egypt,!!
but also remember there are some egyptian guys get married with foreigners women only for their pride,!!i mean some of them believe that when he is married with foreigner women,he becoming so special[i know alot of them carring this kind of sickness in their minds]social sickness
wish you the best

for the other members please donot be carless when somebody need the advice!!

You see Ahmed2004, I told you were a softy under that hard exterior of yours. I am so happy that, that side of your personality is now shinning through. Keep it up and I am sure other ES members will see your turn around for the better.
I had faith in you, and you proved me right. Gr8 stuff, keep up with that additude and everyone will eventually concede to who you truely are as a person. I am so proud of you.
Hope you have a gr8 day.
Dreamcatcher

------------------
A kind word, gladdens the heart!

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now, if he'll stop cheating on his wife and blatently advertising for women (foreign women), we might be getting somewhere.

that's ok though i guess, i think i've harped on dreamcatcher for immorality before anyway!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why dont you marry your own kind...it will be much easier...no problems...he will give good life to you."

duuuuhhhh!!!! oh, i can see the westerm men lining up now, lol! yep, they're pushing and shoving each other with rings in hand! lol!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
strange, i woke up on the right side of the bed. hmmm... maybe it was that salad i had for lunch with that room temperature sesame seed dressing!

[This message has been edited by arx (edited 15 July 2004).]

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natashiah, I wish you and your future husband the bestest of luck; sometimes people do manage to be happy despite all odds. I sincerely hope it will be your case.
K.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dreamcatcher thank you for your lovely support!!!
natashiah it sounds good,ofcourse i wish you the best my sister,but still be carfull!!

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
natashiah it sounds good,ofcourse i wish you the best my sister,but still be carfull!!

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manoesh:

Yes typical of you woman...did you not learn your lesson?Now you want to come here again...what is it with you foreigners???????You are like infection...no matter how much penicilin we take you just come right back...whats next???Why dont you marry your own kind...it will be much easier...no problems...he will give good life to you.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT MANOESH?I CANT EXPLAIN TO MYSELF ONE THING,WHATS THAT HATE TO THE FOREIGN WOMEN???U ARE ALWAYS FULL OF SUCH SAD ,NASTY FEELINGS,AND U ALSO ALWAYS ABUSE US!WHAT MAKES U THINK ,URE SOMETH, SPECIAL MAN?WE DONT CHOOSE IN WHOM TO FALL IN LOVE,WE CANT COMMAND THE HEART,OR U ARE SOMETH. SPECIAL,LOLLL,NEXT TIME ))))))))U ARE ONE NASTY MAN,FULL OF COMPLEXES AND HATE,ILL PRAY ULL CHANGE SOMEDAY!COZ FOREIGN WOMEN WILL COME TO UR COUNTRY,THEY WILL MARRY EGYPT MAN,COZ THEY REALLY LOVE AND NOONE DONT REALLY CARE OF THE OPINION OF ONE MAN FILL OF NASTYNESS,U ARE LOW MAN!
P.S. ITS NOT YOU THE HUMAN WHO`LL SAY WHATS TYPICAL FOR WOMEN,AND WHATS NOT!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Natashiah:
[QUOTE]I posted this topic for more then one reason...but I got my answers. Me and my husband to be come form the same background...meaning Muslim, divorced and no kids. His first wife was French but she was also Muslim...the only problem was that although she was Muslim she had a western way about her. You know how the culture is in Egypt...he thought that because she was Muslim it would be easier and that she would understand their ways...but instead she did everything to try to proof to him that she is from the west. She did not want to fast, she wanted to go to clubs etc..... and you know as well as I do that that is not acceptable in a Muslim community. Anyway of course he had his mistakes too…he knew from the beginning what “type” she was but he still married her against his families wishes…because he thought he could change her. At the end they decided to split because she just couldn’t fit in. My problem was the same but this time it was my ex who acted like that...and of course I unfortunately had the bad experience of being married for convenience…his convenience. I thought that because he was Muslim that we will be ok...but was I in for a surprise. Yes I live in the west but there is nothing western about my family and me. You see I worked for Masri tyran for years and I’m very familiar with the customs, habits and way of life. ..but sometimes one can be blinded even with all the knowledge.

I guess I picked a bad apple the first time around but everyone is not the same. I understand what you are saying and agree. At least this time I won’t have to worry about being surprised because I’m immigrating to Egypt and I’m planning on staying and he knows that. By the way I already asked him if he doesn’t want to come and stay in my country…he bluntly refused. I asked him if he wanted to get married at the embassy…he refused. He said if I want to marry him I have to come to his country and live there and he will make a home for me. If I do not wish to stay there ….it would make him very sad but he is not moving anywhere for a woman…he loves Egypt too much. So for me that was enough…I don’t care if I have to eat fuul & tamya for the rest of my life at least I will be happy.

I wish you had posted this first time round as people might have been a bit nice to you(fat chance but we can dream) I hope all goes well for you and I think you have more chance then most. Good Luck

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 16 July 2004).]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natashah - I too wish you every happiness. I can see no reason why your relationship will not work. You are going into it with your eyes open and you know what to expect this time round. Good luck to you both.

When do you move here? I read your posting on another line and I would think that the sooner you move form SA the better.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arx:
now, if he'll stop cheating on his wife and blatently advertising for women (foreign women), we might be getting somewhere.

that's ok though i guess, i think i've harped on dreamcatcher for immorality before anyway!

Oh gee...........eeekkkkk.....yeah how could I forget, you Monica and Laura read me the roit act...but....hey hey, I am on the straight and narrow now, being a good little flea, and focusing on correcting past hurts. I will never venture down that road ever again, I learnt my lesson well, now it is time to devote to my family. But I am hooked on this forum, even though Egypt is a distant memory, I enjoy a lot of the people that post here. No one is perfect and sometimes we make mistakes, the journey is a learning curb.
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My pleasure

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Dreamcatcher: Hey girl - you don't have to be sorry for anything. It's your life. It's your msitakes. It's your decision what you choose to do now. I wish you every blessing on your life - I am sure that it is going to be very happy because now you know where you want to be. Your husband has put aside the past, you must to0. No regrets. I am sure that it was interesting while it was in progress. There was a price to pay. You paid it. Head up, big smile. Sun or no sun, it's a good day. Life goes on - and gets better and better - if you let it.

Today is my birthday so i am feeling good. (Although at my age all birthdays really do is remind you of the passing years !!).

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 17 July 2004).]

asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 18 July 2004).]

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Dreamcatcher: Hey girl - you don't have to be sorry for anything. It's your life. It's your msitakes. It's your decision what you choose to do now. I wish you every blessing on your life - I am sure that it is going to be very happy because now you know where you want to be. Your husband has put aside the past, you must to0. No regrets. I am sure that it was interesting while it was in progress. There was a price to pay. You paid it. Head up, big smile. Sun or no sun, it's a good day. Life goes on - and gets better and better - if you let it.

Today is my birthday so i am feeling good. (Although at my age all birthdays really do is remind you of the passing years !!).

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 17 July 2004).]

LouLou,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
May you have a wonderful joyous day, my thoughts are with you.
Tx for your words of wisdom. You rox girlfriend.
Dreamcatcher

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Many thanks for the good wishes.

There are too many candles to blow out so I have promised myself a huge slice of chocolate cake as compensation.

Sami16
Member # 4605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sami16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL Happy Birthday to you. We share the same birthday. I gave up candles a long time ago. My Iranian husband of twenty years took me out for an early quiet dinner. I'll get the chocolate cake tomorrow.

Hope you had fun.

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Most of the day was spent working but the rest of the day was spent eating. Bliss. Hope you had a good day too Sami.
Sami16
Member # 4605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sami16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL Thanks for the good wishes. I had a sudden urge to clean closets. Can't figure that one out.Everyone is coming over today for the eating. Can't wait for the cake and food I don't have to cook!!!!
Yummmmmmmm

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sami and LouLou; I am probably late but still wish you a wonderful new year in your life! Wszystkiego najlepszego!
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sami16
Member # 4605

Rate Member
Karah_Mia Thanks for your sweet wishes.

Sami

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Kara - many thanks. I had a lovely day and intend to have a lovely year. (It's the last one before I reach the ancient stage). I need an interpetor for your message though as old age has got to me and I cannot figure it out.
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LouLou: I was trying to be cute and wrote it in my native language... It means all the best, I swear! LOL

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 19 July 2004).]

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sami, you are quite welcome!
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
quote:

Yep...if only you knew how careful I am...but whatever I plan...Allah plans better.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com