EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Does Islam Promote Peace?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Islam Promote Peace?
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. WHAT THE QUR’AN SAYS. The familiar term jihad, often translated holy war, literally means struggle. Many Muslims emphasize that jihad is about struggling against evil desires and, if necessary, defending one’s homeland and religious heritage. "Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you, but do not attack them first. God does not love the aggressors. Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is more grievous than bloodshed.... Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns supreme." (Qur’an 2:190-192) [Note: Qur’anic quotes from N.J.Dawood’s English translation (The Koran, Penguin Books, UK, 1993)]. A favorite verse of moderate Muslims is 2:256 which says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion. True guidance is now distinct from error." Militant Muslims, however, will point you to numerous Qur’anic texts where Muhammad (as Allah’s spokesman) commands his followers to fight and subdue all who resist Islam. What leads young men to volunteer to die for the privilege of killing others "for the cause of Allah"? Could it have something to do with the fact that Islam offers no certain hope of heaven to any of its adherents, with one exception? Consider these few Qur’anic verses...

"As for those who are slain in the cause of God, He will not allow their works to perish. ... He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them." (47:4-6)

"Let those who would exchange the life of this world for the hereafter, fight for the cause of God; whether he dies or triumphs, We shall richly reward him. ... The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. Fight then against the friends of Satan ..." (4:74,76)

"The believers who stay at home––apart from those that suffer a grave impediment––are not the equals of those who fight for the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God has given those that fight with their goods and their persons a higher rank than those who stay at home ..." (4:95,96)

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

"Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land. They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter: except those that repent before you reduce them ..." (5:34,35)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme" (8:39)

"Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding." (8:65)

"Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (9:29)

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by madmax (edited 13 August 2004).]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gehad meand defencing our land and comunities,that's according to the text of our holly book,pls guy read first well the quean and come through up your **** here,,fukk your mother such stupid jewish insect
Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mokoo.. enta Shabraawy yala?? get yourself a Luxor fallouka stud- at least he'll keep your mouth shut. Wallahi ya Mokoo... I never read what you read... it is enough to see your name, and I get the fit.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mokoo:
1. WHAT THE QUR’AN SAYS. The familiar term jihad, often translated holy war, literally means struggle. Many Muslims emphasize that jihad is about struggling against evil desires and, if necessary, defending one’s homeland and religious heritage. "Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you, but do not attack them first. God does not love the aggressors. Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is more grievous than bloodshed.... Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns supreme." (Qur’an 2:190-192) [Note: Qur’anic quotes from N.J.Dawood’s English translation (The Koran, Penguin Books, UK, 1993)]. A favorite verse of moderate Muslims is 2:256 which says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion. True guidance is now distinct from error." Militant Muslims, however, will point you to numerous Qur’anic texts where Muhammad (as Allah’s spokesman) commands his followers to fight and subdue all who resist Islam. What leads young men to volunteer to die for the privilege of killing others "for the cause of Allah"? Could it have something to do with the fact that Islam offers no certain hope of heaven to any of its adherents, with one exception? Consider these few Qur’anic verses...

"As for those who are slain in the cause of God, He will not allow their works to perish. ... He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them." (47:4-6)

"Let those who would exchange the life of this world for the hereafter, fight for the cause of God; whether he dies or triumphs, We shall richly reward him. ... The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. Fight then against the friends of Satan ..." (4:74,76)

"The believers who stay at home––apart from those that suffer a grave impediment––are not the equals of those who fight for the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God has given those that fight with their goods and their persons a higher rank than those who stay at home ..." (4:95,96)

"Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

"Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land. They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter: except those that repent before you reduce them ..." (5:34,35)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme" (8:39)

"Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding." (8:65)

"Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (9:29)

Mooko, for some reason your posts do not bother me at all, of course I seldom read them but that's because they're tooooo long...I only read the short ones.

I never get the point though!If you're interested in a discussion I would be glad to engage you in one, but I have very little time so here are my rules:

1-Divide your argument into 3 sections:
a)Objective: what you intend to demonstrate.
b)Argument: Your argument supported by quotes or anything else you wish.
c)Conclusion: What you belive your arguments prove and why it is important for us to be aware of those issues you believe to be facts.

2)Point form: all three sections should be in point form, clear and concise.

3)Any quotes and/or articles should include the Web Link they're taken from if one exisit.

4)One subject at a time: don't jump from on issue to another , stick to one idea and explore it to it's end.

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Magnoon I thought it would be self explainatory to post a question and an answer within a context. I have to admit on this post I was a little tired to elaborate. But again, my argument here is how Islam promote peace with all the "slautering" verses.
I would like on this one to have a constructive argument in order for me to understand. I don't tend in anyway to disrespect Islam or Muslims. I just have unanswered questions.

My topics are being erased and they carry no disrespect to anyone. It carries clean arguments to reach a ground of understanding.

On this fourm we are dealing with the "word", in every way. What we write is what we are. No images and no fake compliments, and we should use that to our advantage to reach a solid claim to our existence, history and beliefs.

I expect all the attacks because this is sensetive to one's belief nevertheless that is not an excuse to ignor questioning everything around us and share it together.

Therefore, I ask after researching...why Muslims often find Islam peaceful while an ordinary guy like me can prove a 180 degrees the contrary?

quote:
Originally posted by elmagnoon:
Mooko, for some reason your posts do not bother me at all, of course I seldom read them but that's because they're tooooo long...I only read the short ones.

I never get the point though!If you're interested in a discussion I would be glad to engage you in one, but I have very little time so here are my rules:

1-Divide your argument into 3 sections:
a)Objective: what you intend to demonstrate.
b)Argument: Your argument supported by quotes or anything else you wish.
c)Conclusion: What you belive your arguments prove and why it is important for us to be aware of those issues you believe to be facts.

2)Point form: all three sections should be in point form, clear and concise.

3)Any quotes and/or articles should include the Web Link they're taken from if one exisit.

4)One subject at a time: don't jump from on issue to another , stick to one idea and explore it to it's end.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 30 July 2004).]

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moko

You are still a wanker.. even though you are trying to come across as clever and sensible now.

You are insulting and you are offensive !!

So don't pretend otherwise ashole !!!

Most important is that you are boring (.)

You are not interested in discussion... you just want to paste your crap here... and who cares what you think of Islam anyways.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys donot think this dirty moko invinted all of this about the islam,but there are a hundred of sites attacking the islam[anti-islam]ofcourse all were made as you know by the pigs zionists,whom ready to do any things to stop embracing the islam,but the most funny things that they still keeping that since the period of our prophet MOHAMAD,BUT THEY WELL NEVER WIN OR GAIN ANY THINGS,BECAUSE THE ISLAM IS PROTECTED BY ALLAH,EVEN NOT BY THE MUSLIMS THEM SELVES,
SO PLEASE IGNORE HIM,AND LEAVE HIM YOWL,HIS SUCH A FUKKING DIRTY PIG LIKE HIS MOTHER AND THE WHOLE OF ISRAEAL,AND THEY HAVE TO WAIT THEIR DAY OF GUDJMENT,ITS COMING SOON DONOT WORRY GUY,ITS A PROMISE FROM ALLAH,

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaguar - I have just read your posting here and really could not stop laughing. I had tears rolling down my cheeks and my sides hurt.

Quote "At least he'll keep your mouth shut". What would he (felucca guy) shut it with Jag??

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the oar.. that's for sure
Stillborn
Member # 4913

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[This message has been edited by Stillborn (edited 06 August 2004).]

Posts: 28 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mookoo, seems u pissed everyone off for some reason, i'm wondering if maybe its the first time they read these verses???
or maybe they just don't take it so literally....if someone has another opinion, explanation or comment, lets hear it....without the childish name calling..... just a thought

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
people that have an opinion don't just copy and paste crap !!

They were lots of threads about religion which were debated and ppl were exchanging views.

Stillborn
Member # 4913

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cappa:
mookoo, seems u pissed everyone off for some reason, i'm wondering if maybe its the first time they read these verses???
or maybe they just don't take it so literally....if someone has another opinion, explanation or comment, lets hear it....without the childish name calling..... just a thought

Cappa, I suggest you read all Mokoo's c&p stuff, not really amart and doesn't merit typing a smart reply using all 10 fingers since he only uses TWO fingers to Copy & Paste.....

Posts: 28 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
quote:

What can I say...

They are so worried about the copy and paste yet they are not bothered to get their hard copy of Quraan and give it only 5 MINUTES of their time to see if I'm crapping or not!

I challenge anyone who prove me wrong.

P.S If the verses I'm pointing at were one or 2 I may be could have simply typed them. But the verses that I want to address are "THOUSANDS", I'm sorry I'm failing every one I can't type all of them.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 01 August 2004).]

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEE..K Hamra
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who the hell do you think you are you asshole mokoo from planet jupiter
get busy on fixing your brain or picking your stinking ass
representative of the kkk
whatever **** you are promoting or demoting is making no difference
go back to your dirty hole and eat your own excrements
that should clean up your act smarty pants

quote:
What can I say...

They are so worried about the copy and paste yet they are not bothered to get their hard copy of Quraan and give it only 5 MINUTES of their time to see if I'm crapping or not!

I challenge anyone who prove me wrong.

P.S If the verses I'm pointing at were one or 2 I may be could have simply typed them. But the verses that I want to address are "THOUSANDS", I'm sorry I'm failing every one I can't type all of them.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 01 August 2004).]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
You see... the problem with you is you think you can just redicule anybody and any religion and get away with it and the truth is, you have no opinion of your own. You are justso full of hate and you are spreading it to the likes of you anyway.

Nobody is worried here ashole.

You don't even know what religion I am as I didn't say. Dare to write anything as stupid as you are writing about Islam and see what you'll get.

People are just pissed off with your wanky style.

Stillborn
Member # 4913

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stillborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

that is not an excuse to ignor questioning everything around us and share it together.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 30 July 2004).]

Stop questioning. Try masturbation, that should fill up the time void, also you'd be exercising the rest of your fingers not only the 2 used in c&p

Blunt
Member # 4943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cappa smart a s s get a life

quote:

Posts: 115 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
http://www.therefinersfire.org/islam_doesnt_promote_peace.htm

Stillborn
Member # 4913

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
http://www.therefinersfire.org/islam_doesnt_promote_peace.htm

well done.......

[This message has been edited by Stillborn (edited 01 August 2004).]

Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by madmax:
Dare to write anything as stupid as you are writing about Islam and see what you'll get.

I can put my free voice in anywhere I want and you won't do a thing...

I'm not the weak one who keep attacking without a single answer to my questions...you are!!!

cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmax:
You see... the problem with you is you think you can just redicule anybody and any religion and get away with it and the truth is, you have no opinion of your own. You are justso full of hate and you are spreading it to the likes of you anyway."

well its not really problem since he's free to talk abt wtever he wants, and have any opinion he wants... i don't know why so many ppl are takin this as hate, i really dont feel it is, i think this guy has questions and opinions and he's addressing them..

"You don't even know what religion I am as I didn't say. Dare to write anything as stupid as you are writing about Islam and see what you'll get."

People are just pissed off with your wanky style.

[/QUOTe

WHO CARES wt religion(S) u are...and mookoo isn't really " wrtiting" anything abt islam, he's just raising a few points of concern...u may not agree with his "wanky style" but its not hate and its not personal...so get over it. oh and have a nice day

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
well its not really problem since he's free to talk abt wtever he wants, and have any opinion he wants... i don't know why so many ppl are takin this as hate, i really dont feel it is, i think this guy has questions and opinions and he's addressing them..

madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Moko.. you are just as bad as the people that feel they need to ram Religion down peoples' throught.

Cappa... I think you are Moko. Pull another

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com