EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Comprimise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comprimise
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion successful arab/western relationships are due mainly to a huge amount of comprimise and acceptance on both parts. As Penny suggested I've started a new thread for this discussion. As people are over sensitive at the moment from my side anything I say is not aimed at anyone here.
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you talking about ARABS or Egyptians? or Middle Eastern men in general??
Big difference in culture and in traditions and in terms of religion..

Are we talking Sunnis?
Are we talking Shiites?
Egyptian Copts?
Egyptian Muslims?
Egyptian Jews?
Egyptian Mixed with European blood?
Egyptian mixed with Turkish blood?
Egyptian brought up inside the country?
Egyptians brought up outside the country?
Modest families
More privileged families?
Eastern European women?
Western European women?
American women?
Asian women?
etc..etc..
BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Many cultures in one region....

quote:
Originally posted by Carol_2004:
In my opinion successful arab/western relationships are due mainly to a huge amount of comprimise and acceptance on both parts. As Penny suggested I've started a new thread for this discussion. As people are over sensitive at the moment from my side anything I say is not aimed at anyone here.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 19 August 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Monica obviously you have your vile head on today. I would say all these relationships require comprimise wouldn't you? I maybe wrong but I couldn't imagine you being in a comprimising relationship of any kind so maybe this isn't a thread for you. Congratulations you have spoilt someone elses attempt to have a relatively light hearted thread.
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina just asked me a question on this issue of compromise on the Egyptian men (non fiction) thread if you want to carry on there. We could just end up chasing ourselves round here
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But any relationship is about compromise.Because it does not matter what nationality you are the whole of life is a compromise.It is called respecting other people.I woild not want to be in a relationship where someone agreed with me about everything.I like to have differences to have debates ,to learn about different cultures.How boring if you were married to someone and there was no banter.We all have opions and they count.
Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com