EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What's the craziest thing you've done for love of Egypt? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's the craziest thing you've done for love of Egypt?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

I have been reading 'some' of your posts. I would like to have nice discussion with all of you and take an opportunity to give compliments to Egyptians as a very nice people. Egypt is not just one of my favorite countries but also one of the most liked countries in the World. I guess everyone has 'own' reasons so I was wondering...

What's the craziest thing you've done for love of Egypt?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The craziest thing I've ever done is charge up too many credit cards to pay for airline tickets I couldn't afford. And still paying for them
Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit to being an idiot like the one above....
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:
The craziest thing I've ever done is charge up too many credit cards to pay for airline tickets I couldn't afford. And still paying for them

WOW, looks like you need to take a course to improve your decision making process. You show classic flaws

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
Hello

I have been reading 'some' of your posts. I would like to have nice discussion with all of you and take an opportunity to give compliments to Egyptians as a very nice people. Egypt is not just one of my favorite countries but also one of the most liked countries in the World. I guess everyone has 'own' reasons so I was wondering...

What's the craziest thing you've done for love of Egypt?

Sharon Stone, gosh, I can't believe you here online on ES. How is life in Hollywood treating you? I am very sorry for your break-up with your husband but - as you know - life goes on. Take good care of little Roan and I really need to tell you that "Basic Instinct" is up to this day one of my favourite movies of all times. Take care, Sharon, and indeed, Egypt is a great place to visit, to live ....... and they have very handsome and smart men over there. Oh, should I call up the "National Enquirer" right now for that new cover story "Sharon Stone looking for Egyptian Husband"???????

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The craziest thing that I did for the love of Egypt was to leave England
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by Katrina
WOW, looks like you need to take a course to improve your decision making process. You show classic flaws

Oh my, is that the reason you have YET to visit Egypt, still waiting to save
to pay CASH for your airfare

Plus I thought you were a cheerleader for the good old American Capitalistic Economy.
Didn't you know without CREDIT it would crumble? Just watch the markets as Alan Greenspan
The Magnificent waves his magic wand controlling prime rates and consumer spending- swipe,
swipe, ching, ching..the lovely sounds of Platimun plastic. All the airlines would be bankrupt
if they waited on people like you to pay CASH for travel. Just doing my part to help
the economy my dear

Oh, and that brief little Economics COURSE was on the house...The pleasure was all mine

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh my, is that the reason you have YET to visit Egypt, still waiting to save
to pay CASH for your airfare

Plus I thought you were a cheerleader for the good old American Capitalistic Economy.
Didn't you know without [b]CREDIT
it would crumble? Just watch the markets as Alan Greenspan
The Magnificent waves his magic wand controlling prime rates and consumer spending- swipe,
swipe, ching, ching..the lovely sounds of Platimun plastic. All the airlines would be bankrupt
if they waited on people like you to pay CASH for travel. Just doing my part to help
the economy my dear

Oh, and that brief little Economics COURSE was on the house...The pleasure was all mine [/B]

I think you are good at selective reading. The value of cashless transactions is obvious and no need to talk about it, yet to get into personal debts as a result of poor handling of personal finances... hmmm

SO thank you very much for keeping economy healthy and strong!

The point is rational people let less rational people keep airline and credit card industries going the way you do. There are plenty of such people in USA. No need for me to get into personal debt, dearest. I have my credit cards that earn me air miles and cash rewards. I treat credit cards as a convenience and cash mgt tool (I USE CREDIT ALL THE TIME), not as a way to get into personal debt. I do not give my business for free to credit cards and high segmentation and proliferation of the credit card industry help with that big time. You and such would subsidize my business by paying off your bills not on time, incurring finance and interest charges for quite a long time....unless you are a big time flipper, but you did not indicate that

As far as theory in econommics...No worries. I learned economics from the best school in the world and very famous profs such as Baker, Kevin Murphy, and Robert Topel (look up their names, if you wish to have a refresher yourself) You may find their brilliance very rewarding . Believe me if you go through their classes, you never need a review on economics. I take it from world known experts, yet if you want to arm wrestle on economics, I would be more than happy to step up to a challenge. I have been to faculty workshops at my school where the best of the pack debate. Cheers!

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 27 August 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Same here

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
I think you are good at selective reading. The value of cashless transactions is obvious and no need to talk about it, yet to get into huge personal debts as a result of poor handling of personal finances... hmmm

SO thank you very much for keeping economy healthy and strong!

The point is rational people let less rational people keep airline and credit card industries going the way you do. There are plenty of such people in USA. No need for me to get into personal debt, dearest. I have my credit cards that earn me air miles and cash rewards as I use credit for everythign including groceries, but I treat it as convenience and cash mgt tool, not as away to get into personal debt. I do not give my business for free to credit cards and high segmentation and proliferation of the credit card industry help with that big time. You and such would subsidize my business by paying off your bills not on time, incurring finance and interest charges for quite a long time....unless you are a big time flipper, but you did not indicate that

As far as theory in econommics...No worries. I learned economics from the best school in the world and very famous profs such as Baker, Kevin Murphy, and Robert Topel (look up their names, if you wish to have a refresher yourself) You may find their brilliance very rewarding . Believe me if you go through their classes, you never need a review on economics. I take it from world known experts, yet if you want to arm wrestle on economics, I would be more than happy to step up. Cheers!

Well this RATIONAL person uses their debt as tax write-offs! The good old American Way! Since some of us "rational" folks posess business accounts. And employ not so famous CPA's rather than ES members for financial advice. Gotta love it

Guess your "famous" professors missed that BENEFIT in class

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Oh, and Sharon Stone, Katrina is just here to "analyze" things, she's never done anything "crazy" in her life, let her tell it.
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Craziest???? Give up working as a nurse in sunny England, in a manky NHS hospital,just to come and be a scuba diving instructor here!!!!
Crazy or what??

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Craziest???? Give up working as a nurse in sunny England, in a manky NHS hospital,just to come and be a scuba diving instructor here!!!!
Crazy or what??

Shhhh, Samia, you were not thinking rational, Katrina will reprimand you for that one for sure.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Shhhh, Samia, you were not thinking rational, Katrina will reprimand you for that one for sure.

Not at all. This is perhaps her call for self-actualization to reach the highest level of hierarchy of needs according to the rational framework developed by Maslow. No need to be a nurse if you are a born scuba diver! Do what you enjoy and can do best. There is another economic theory as it is better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. Better for self-realization and emotional well-being. There is a normal distribution of talent and drive. And self-selection mechanism does work. Other nurses will feel rewarded if somneone who feels unfit at that hospital leaves

I'd say it is inconclusive to say if Samia was rational or irrational in her decision to leave the hospital, she did not describe her motivation, reasons, and decision making process she used. It could be the best decision she has made for herself personally.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well this RATIONAL person uses their debt as [b]tax write-offs!
The good old American Way! Since some of us "rational" folks posess business accounts. And employ not so famous CPA's rather than ES members for financial advice. Gotta love it

Guess your "famous" professors missed that BENEFIT in class [/B]

Of course, they "missed" it. Their area is economics and not Principles of Individual Tax Accounting. You believe using personal bad debt is a good strategy for tax avoidance or let’s say reducing tax owed? There are way better tax reduction methods you can use other than personal bad debt write offs. Your CPA offers you this as an ailment solution to reduce your pain after the fact rather than a rational strategy to reduce your tax liability going forward. Besides, do you think tax write offs are worth against passing a C-test in front of a banker if you need a loan for personal or business use specifically such Cs as: Character and credibility? I bet you have never done cost benefit analysis when you took your CPA advice "after the fact"

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Here too!!!!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can we employ an online katrina translator plz

------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
can we employ an online katrina translator plz

let me know what needs to be translated

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am getting worried because I am keeping up with her thanks to an hour with Maslow's hierarchy of needs and I do know a bit about finance. Hey you Americans how the heck do you get tax write offs for personal debt/travel costs over there. Absolutely not allowed in the UK.

Don't give up on us Katrina you are quite unique!!

Oh and I will write what I think about Maslow soon as it is relevant to a lot of things that come up here.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I am getting worried because I am keeping up with her thanks to an hour with Maslow's hierarchy of needs and I do know a bit about finance. Hey you Americans how the heck do you get tax write offs for personal debt/travel costs over there. Absolutely not allowed in the UK.

Oh and I will write what I think about Maslow soon as it is relevant to a lot of things that come up here.

Penny

Penny, I do no think you can do it in USA, especially for personal travel, business - yes. If ANM pays US taxes, I am not sure what kind of offshore tax accounting he/she does, but I simply went along with it for fun . You can write off personal bad debt when you file for bankruptcy.

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Of course, they "missed" it. Their area is economics and not Principles of Individual Tax Accounting. You believe using personal bad debt is a good strategy for tax avoidance or let’s say reducing tax owed? There are way better tax reduction methods you can use other than personal bad debt write offs. Your CPA offers you this as an ailment solution to reduce your pain after the fact rather than a rational strategy to reduce your tax liability going forward. Besides, do you think tax write offs are worth against passing a C-test in front of a banker if you need a loan for personal or business use specifically such Cs as: Character and credibility? I bet you have never done cost benefit analysis when you took your CPA advice "after the fact"

My dear I'm afraid here again your 'theories' don't apply to real life. Take it from a person that knows this system from experiencing not from reading too much philosophical analytical boobledygook <--* new word.

First of all my dear theoretical friend, you don't sit in front of a banker to have you "character assessed". See in this country, we have a little something called high technology, that has enable ancient techniques such as interviews with bankers to become debunk.

Now using said 'high technology' bankers run this creative thing with their keyboards called credit report. Said credit reports using same technology assigns you a 'risk score', the higher the score, the lower the risk. So a person with a high credit score can go to a site like citicard.com, apply for a credit card, and have it in the mailed within the next few days without even LOOKING AT or TALKING TO a banker. Now that's some "character" for you dear. It's called "hmmm, they paid everyone else back, why wouldn't they pay me" since I don't know of a single bank that give a squat about your tax write-offs, except for when they send you a form called a 1098 to WRITE OFF the interest you paid on a mortgage debt to them.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
wow i understood that bit katrina i must read this maslow guy maybe i will get better

------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

just the words

------------------

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
My dear I'm afraid here again your 'theories' don't apply to real life. Take it from a person that knows this system from experiencing not from reading too much philosophical analytical boobledygook <--* new word.

First of all my dear theoretical friend, you don't sit in front of a banker to have you "character assessed". See in this country, we have a little something called high technology, that has enable ancient techniques such as interviews with bankers to become debunk.

Now using said 'high technology' bankers run this creative thing with their keyboards called credit report. Said credit reports using same technology assigns you a 'risk score', the higher the score, the lower the risk. So a person with a high credit score can go to a site like citicard.com, apply for a credit card, and have it in the mailed within the next few days without even LOOKING AT or TALKING TO a banker. Now that's some "character" for you dear. It's called "hmmm, they paid everyone else back, why wouldn't they pay me" since I don't know of a single bank that give a squat about your tax write-offs, except for when they send you a form called a 1098 to WRITE OFF the interest you paid on a mortgage debt to them.

No need to go personally to a banker. Who said you have too? These concepts are incorporated just like your said in risk score calculation. Credit report will show your delinquencies, don't you think? So you proved your point well Your risk score will be quite high

Technology just makes this come out so much easier

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
wow i understood that bit katrina i must read this maslow guy maybe i will get better

go girl!

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

Penny

Penny, America is a creative country when it comes to benefits for 'business owners' as opposed to immigrants that moved to the country to study and comment on things they have no idea about.

For example, you can take a friend to lunch, talk about a lunch, mention a few things about 'your business' and VOILA!, tax write-off IRS Schedule C, Part 2, line 24b.

Another example is to take trips to places like Egypt, run up your credit cards, if you conduct or discuss any business while there otherwise enjoying yourself , VOILA!
tax write-off IRS Schedule C, Part 2, line 24c

And yes this is done on US INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS 1040 line 12 schedule C.

You see in the US Penny, an individualpropietor doesn't have to form a corporation to benefit from tax write-offs.

Of course big corporations even BANK THEMSELVES also benefit from writing off ad debt. This is America, this is one of the many things its built on. There are those that 'know the system' and advantage from it, and there are those that are those that read 'theories' from Maslow that has absolutely no relevance whatsover to day to day business transactions.

Yet one more reason to hire a CPA as opposed to a theoretical ES poster, who involves too much time in theory rather than practicality.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Penny, America is a creative country when it comes to benefits for 'business owners' as opposed to immigrants that moved to the country to study and comment on things they have no idea about.

For example, you can take a friend to lunch, talk about a lunch, mention a few things about 'your business' and VOILA!, tax write-off IRS Schedule C, Part 2, line 24b.

Another example is to take trips to places like Egypt, run up your credit cards, if you conduct or discuss any business while there otherwise enjoying yourself , VOILA!
tax write-off IRS Schedule C, Part 2, line 24c

And yes this is done on US [b]INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS 1040 line 12 schedule C.

You see in the US Penny, an individualpropietor doesn't have to form a corporation to benefit from tax write-offs.

Of course big corporations even BANK THEMSELVES also benefit from writing off ad debt. This is America, this is one of the many things its built on. There are those that 'know the system' and advantage from it, and there are those that are those that read 'theories' from Maslow that has absolutely no relevance whatsover to day to day business transactions.

Yet one more reason to hire a CPA as opposed to a theoretical ES poster, who involves too much time in theory rather than practicality.

[/B]

ANM, no theory here. There is a clear difference between business/small business and individual tax returns. You did not specify before which write offs you were talking about: business or individual.

Of course, as a small business owner you can make all kinds of write offs and cook the books and perform tax avoidance as well as tax evasion. Is this you Debbie, teaching about taxes on ES just you like had quite a few "practical" posts before for "better" living in Egypt? Where is elmagnoon? hehehehe You are quite a practical lady, we know that!

No there is no relevance of Maslow to business transactions.

NOBODY CLAIMED THAT!! CANNOT YOU READ? HAHAH? A reference to Maslow was made in repsect to the idea of self-realization not HOW TO FILE TAXES.

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:

NOBODY CLAIMED THAT!! CANNOT YOU READ? HAHAH? A reference to Maslow was made in repsect to the idea of self-realization not HOW TO FILE TAXES.

Of course I can read Katrina dear, the question is CAN YOU READ? A reference to MASLOW and TAX WRITE_OFFs were in the same paragraph, posted above by Penny. Scroll up a little dear. Penny is the one I was replying to this time.

No this is not Debbie, how dare you insult Debbie like that.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Of course I can read Katrina dear, the question is CAN YOU READ? A reference to MASLOW and TAX WRITE_OFFs were in the same paragraph, posted above by Penny. Scroll up a little dear. Penny is the one I was replying to this time.

No this is not Debbie, how dare you insult Debbie like that.

Actually Maslow was mentioned in a separate post for Samia

Insult to Debbie? no that would be a compliment
Debt or interest rate payments are tax deductible. Who argues about that?

Ok, let's set it clear. As a small business owner you can deduct LOTS of stuff but it shoud be for business use. If you deduct your bad debt from misusing your personal credit for buying shoes and aifare for your own leisure and put it as part of your business stuff and claim on yoru taxes, that is tax evasion, which is punished by IRS when caught. Of course, is IRS ever do that? That is a different issue

As far as CPAs and tax accounting, can I tell you a little secret, AMN? I have passed my CPA on the first attempt back in 2000 in my final semester of undergrad studies

EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina..was that London School of economics?????

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no samia....u have not been crazy enough to contact me..!!the we'll see how crazy u r babe!!!!
Posts: 55 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Actually Maslow was mentioned in a separate post for Samia

Insult to Debbie? no that would be a compliment
Debt or interest rate payments are tax deductible. Who argues about that?

Ok, let's set it clear. As a small business owner you can deduct LOTS of stuff but it shoud be for business use. If you deduct your bad debt from misusing your personal credit for buying shoes and aifare for your own leisure and put it as part of your business stuff and claim on yoru taxes, that is tax evasion, which is punished by IRS when caught. Of course, is IRS ever do that? That is a different issue

As far as CPAs and tax accounting, can I tell you a little secret, AMN? I have passed my CPA on the first attempt back in 2000 in my final semester of undergrad studies

Katrina re-read Penny's posts and stop making yourself look any more arrogant than you
already are.(as if that's possible)but nevertheless, I was responding to PENNY's post, NOT your response to Samia.
Granted you did mention Maslow, but if you would kindly unwrap yourself from around yourself
you would see that the name was mentioned by Penny as well, in the SAME paragraph as tax write-offs.

Next, congratulations on the CPA (the first time around *clapping*) But I'm afraid my 'rationale'
would lead me to an HR Block seasonal tax preparer before utilizing the services of anyone like
yourself. I'm sure you threw the "buying shoes" into your argument for good measure, but I'm
afraid it was grossly ineffective. As any worthwhile CPA knows without a second thought that
business and leisure is mixed quite often. Some of the world's most important business decisions
have been made over a golf game, or did you know that already. Even the president of the USA
has made major international decisions while on a fishing trip, but maybe you knew that too.

Last, I have yet to type anywhere in this thread that I have BAD debt, so how could an otherwise
'intelligent individual' (and I use this term lightly) equate A LOT of debt with BAD debt, is beyond logic to me. Tax evasion is when
you avoid taxes by illegal means. When Uncle Sam inserts a deduction on one of his forms like
'travel expenses' and you WRITE OFF legitimate travel expenses, you are NOT avoiding taxes. But when you write
off a $500 hair cut for your pet poodle Fifi, under the deduction for 'meals' then you're evading taxes.
Did that school of yours offer any classes in something like Common Sense 101, I think you may have missed that one.

And just for the record Miss CPA, you can't write off BAD debt that you OWE, you can only write-off BAD
Debt that is owed TO you in the form of notes receivables. Now a BAD debt is one that you have not
paid on and allowed to go into collections. Now how on earth could one 'write-off' what they haven't even paid

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Enchanting, AnotherNewMember!

Thanks for compliments. I do not mind being called "arrogant." Not at all. Be my guest. I like it.

Should we go back to your original post when you claimed that you are still paying credit card debt for an exuberant airfare to Egypt, so I believe nobody owes you but you owe to the credit card company. The issue was could you write off a personal credit card bad debt (narrowly stated) not DEBT in general.

so what is the point of all the accounting lecture above with all the accounts receivables and what not?

Kat

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 28 August 2004).]

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianGuy:
Katrina..was that London School of economics?????

I was thinking of doing an exchange quarter there. U of Chicago

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL thanks guys for the lesson on tax accounting US style. Boy have you got it good over there. All your business /personal lunches and business/personal travel aren't going to get you a write off in the UK uless of course you are into tax evasion.

Sorry if I caused a fight by mentioning Maslow. Katrina knew where I was coming from but no it did not have anything to do with finance....or maybe it does!! I will be back on that one. But things to do

Still happy debating girls.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kat: Go girl go. Keep at 'em. At least I now know that ANM is American - I was worried that it might be another Brit

Penny: I would be interested to hear what you think about Maslow.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina.... feel free to call me ignorant. self- actualisation, hierarchy....what is this amateur psychobabble bullshit??????? You know nothing about me!!!. I have no idea who or what maslow is.. but my motivation for coming to live here.... well..
We get one chance in our lives to turn out life around.... and, after cancer, divorce and bereavement all in a very short space of time, my chance came and I took it!! When you realise how precious this life is and we only get one crack at it, it's time to make big decisions.... and I made mine...... hope this explains my motivation, ok??? Egypt for ever!!!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 28 August 2004).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Well put Samia. I feel the same.
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Cheers LL!!! Cant be doing with all this pretentious psychoshite!!!!
Egyptianguy, I will contact you as soon as my new false teeth are back from repair.... and my long curly wig is back from the cleaners!!! I want to look my best for our night out in Papas!!!!

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Enchanting, AnotherNewMember!

Thanks for compliments. I do not mind being called "arrogant." Not at all. Be my guest. I like it.

Should we go back to your original post when you claimed that you are still paying credit card debt for an exuberant airfare to Egypt, so I believe nobody owes you but you owe to the credit card company. The issue was could you write off a personal credit card bad debt (narrowly stated) not DEBT in general.

so what is the point of all the accounting lecture above with all the accounts receivables and what not?

Kat

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 28 August 2004).]

Let's just say the "accounting lecture" was somewhat of a 'refresher' course for
any type of accountant, much less a CPA who still can't distinguish between BAD
Debt and an OUTSTANDING Debt. Guess you missed the part of my original statement
I was still PAYING on them which puts it in GOOD not BAD standing. FTR, never
one late payment. But I guess this is completely over your head.

Now for the "compliment" being called arrogant, say no more, I will shower you with
"compliments" every opportunity I get. Maybe then you won't find it necessary to "compliment"
yourself so much. (Just getting an early start here, in case you didn't read between the lines)

quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Kat: Go girl go. Keep at 'em.

Rah, Rah, Rah, there you have it Katrina, a cheerleader, too bad it still doesnt
validate anything in your argument.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Katrina.... feel free to call me ignorant. self- actualisation, hierarchy....what is this amateur psychobabble bullshit??????? You know nothing about me!!!. I have no idea who or what maslow is.. but my motivation for coming to live here.... well..
We get one chance in our lives to turn out life around.... and, after cancer, divorce and bereavement all in a very short space of time, my chance came and I took it!! When you realise how precious this life is and we only get one crack at it, it's time to make big decisions.... and I made mine...... hope this explains my motivation, ok??? Egypt for ever!!!!

Samia, calm down. This is what i said precisely. ANM said that I would call your decision irrational. And I said no. it does not mean it is.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Kat: Go girl go. Keep at 'em. At least I now know that ANM is American - I was worried that it might be another Brit

Penny: I would be interested to hear what you think about Maslow.

LL, thanks!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:

ANM, You broaden the discussion on debt while the problem was originally very narrow: can one write off credit bad debt when it was used for PERSONAL USE. Period.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kat, thanks for refreshing few aspects of higher education here; we need some intellectual kick periodically. I still prefer Pavlov to Maslov, like them dogs plus I am more into psycho stuff; too brain scattered for real science (but thanks for stimulating my dormant brain cells, really ).
Ps. My ex-husband paid off my 'Egyptian' debt infested credit card so currently I am ISO a new crazy stunt to commit in the name of love for the Pharaohs' digs. Will keep you updated.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And just for the record Miss CPA, you can't write off BAD debt that you OWE, you can only write-off BAD
Debt that is owed TO you in the form of notes receivables.
[/B]

Oh yes you can, it is called bankruptcy.

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by chelle67:
Oh yes you can, it is called bankruptcy.

Sorry dear but a bankruptcy is not a TAX write-off.

And Katrina you still can't seem to remove "bad" debt from your argument, therefore it's pointless to debate over this matter with you, as you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

EgyptianGuy
Member # 4360

Rate Member
Okay Samia....I am gonna hit on u one more time.......u r the most beautiful woman in the worl...u r my destine..
Now pls let me a buy u a drink anytime.at yr convenience,,,and u dont have to buy me that net cafe babe

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
OK Egyptianguy.... get yer coat.... you've pulled!!!!
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I proposed !!!!!
Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveAlways
Member # 4869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveAlways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let someone break my heart..
Posts: 20 | From: Holland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com