EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » please need your help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please need your help!!
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi every body
since four days i stoped smoking cigarettes!!!
its VERY VERY DIFFECULT!!!IAM FEELING DIZZY ALL THE TIME,AND I HAVE SOME PAINS IN MY FACE,IN MY SHOULDERS,MY STOMACHE!!AND I CANNOT SLEEP AS NORMALY I DO!!
SO THAT IS NORMAL WITH STOPING CIGARETTES???
AND DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICES TO HELP ME,STANDING MORE AND MORE?
THANK YOU

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2004:
hi every body
since four days i stoped smoking cigarettes!!!
its VERY VERY DIFFECULT!!!IAM FEELING DIZZY ALL THE TIME,AND I HAVE SOME PAINS IN MY FACE,IN MY SHOULDERS,MY STOMACHE!!AND I CANNOT SLEEP AS NORMALY I DO!!
SO THAT IS NORMAL WITH STOPING CIGARETTES???
AND DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICES TO HELP ME,STANDING MORE AND MORE?
THANK YOU

WOW congratulations Ahmed and very well done i am so proud of you

After you stop smoking your body will feel its DRUG is missing and you may feel a bit rough for a while. Drink lots of water, go for walks and get some exercise and after a few more days you will feel the benefits of not having all that carbon monoxide in your lungs

Then you can help me

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

[This message has been edited by Ayisha (edited 13 September 2004).]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what you are experiencing is quite normal, it happended to me when I gave up 18 years ago.

well done for getting through 4 days, just take each day at a time and you will do it.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Ahmed!

What your body is going through is a withdrawal stage after removing the drug out of your system. Side effects during this phase may be so severe, that newborns born to drug addicted mothers are given small doses of drugs to avoid the damage to their fragile system. Nicotine is a drug causing addiction just like cocaine and other temporary nirvana inducers; therefore the withdrawal stage is comparably unpleasant. You may experience nausea, chills, uncontrollable shaking, lightheadedness, debilitating headache, aches and pains all over your body, also oversensitivity to light, smell, lack of appetite and overall sickness of your entire body, including the shitty mood that follows. Sorry. BUT - don't give up Ahmed, it should not last more than a week. I wish you willpower of steel and the reward of 20 or more years worth chapters added to your bestseller quality memoirs.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a possible solution if you can acess this herb:

Ibogaine as a possible cure for drug addiction?
Summarised from an article by Jerome Burne, entitled 'Is this the valediction to addiction?' in The Independent (Sept 2nd '96), from MAPS Vol II Number 1, from an item in Green Action (USA), Vol. 7, No. 1, and from a communication from Howard Lotsof. Additional material has been summarised from articles in High Times (Nov '93), Omni (Feb '92), Green Egg (Summer '93), PRL Supplement #7 (Issue No 8) and MAPS Volume IV Number 4 (Spring '94).

Promising research with the drug Ibogaine - derived from the African Iboga plant - gives hope that heroin and other addictions can be cured - with drugs.

'Early tests show Ibogaine to be 70 per cent effective in curing heroin and cocaine addiction'
In 1956 CIBA-Geigy (a major drug company) found Ibogaine potentiates morphine analgesia, but did not pursue it. In the early 1960s, American Howard Lotsof, then a heroin addict himself, happened to be offered a dose of ibogaine, with the promise that it would get him really high. He had a remarkable time, seeing visions and being taken back through his personal history, but what really amazed him was that afterwards his desire for heroin had vanished - with no withdrawal pains, and no effort of will.

'Informal' testing amongst addicted friends seemed to confirm Lotsof's findings. Ever since, Lotsof has been campaigning to overcome the American medical establishment's wariness of psychedelic drugs, and have the drug's potential properly researched.

In 1995, after lengthy indecision, the Federal Drug Administration gave the green light to a series of trials at the University of Miami. It remains to be seen whether their results will back up the growing body of evidence, from drug rehabilitation centres in New York, Panama and Amsterdam, that ibogaine is indeed a potent 'interrupter' of heroin and cocaine addiction. Unsurprisingly, the ongoing tests do not show Ibogaine as a permanent cure for addiction-but it does seem to offer a reliable, if temporary release from compulsive use. "It's very much determined by who the individual is, what they bring into the treatment, whether they want to stop or whether they're responding to pressure from those around them to stop. Ibogaine is not going to change someone from a person who wants to do drugs into a person who doesn't. But anybody who wants to stop can literally take ibogaine and walk away from drugs," explains Lotsof. In his experience, the average 'clean period' after dosage is about six months. This alone is enough to make it a remarkably successful treatment.

Explanations of how it is so effective are harder to come by. Early hypotheses suggest that the drug may achieve its remarkable, painless effects by simultaneously reducing the supply of dopamine, and increasing that of serotonin, to the brain. In this hypothesis, the reduction in the supply of dopamine would both hasten withdrawal and precipitate the characteristic NDE-style visions, whilst the serotonin, known to be associated with feelings of well-being, would take the edge off any 'cold turkey'. Other hypotheses emphasise its psychoactive effects, which seems to resemble a kind of intensive psychotherapy.

Another interesting, if eccentric, hypothesis about the action of ibogaine was published in 'Green Egg' magazine, by Richard Alan Miller: "Normally the stages of wakefulness of the human brain are: normal waking state, NREM (slow wave or deep sleep), PGO (ponogeniculo-occipital) waves, and REM (rapid eye-movement or paradoxical) sleep. REM sleep is the period when most dreams occur. PGO waves are considered to be the principle coding tool that acts at the cortical level in recording the genetic/epigenetic acquisition necessary for the individuation of the human brain. In other words it is the software-writer aspect of the Self.

"In ibogaine therapy, while the patient is in the near-death dream state, the PGO brain pattern has been found to overlap the standard low alphoid brain state. This precipitates fundamental shifts in instinctual learning patterns, possibly the underlying cause of ibogaine's erasure of addictive behaviour patterns.

"In addition, through random activation mechanisms, PGO waves eliminate from certain types of neuronal networks an informational overload linked to pathological behaviour, thus 'cleaning out' the neuronal circuitry. REM sleep apparently includes a sorting-out and disposal process of the 'residues' stirred up by the PGO wave sleep pattern. The actual dream state could be considered the 're-boot' of the personality rewrite.

'Ibogaine allows one to reconfigure the genetic and cultural programming one receives at birth, much like changing the config.sys file of a computer'

"In essence, ibogaine allows one to reconfigure the genetic and cultural programming one receives at birth, much like changing the config.sys file of a computer. The REM aspect then reboots the consciousness patterns with a new autoexec.bat file for habits, needs, and the manner in which one approaches desires."

In the eighties, Lotsof founded a small, private company called NDA International, run out of Staten Island, NY. NDA is developing Ibogaine as a treatment to block the physical symptoms of withdrawal from heroin and cocaine. United States patents have been awarded to him as the inventor of the ENDABUSE (Ibogaine) procedure.

Early tests show Ibogaine, claims Lotsof, 'to be 70% effective in curing the craving for heroin and cocaine and 100% successful in enabling physical withdrawal'. Most attempted cures for heroin addiction fail 90% of the time.

ENDABUSE is non-narcotic, and not a replacement drug; is non-addicting; is administered orally without injections; is rapid - beginning to work within 35 minutes, and the treatment is completed and the patient sent home within 48 hours; is clinically administered and long lasting - a booster is required in a few cases after 5 or 6 months; and is natural, in that the active ingredient is extracted from the Tabernanthe Iboga plant, found in West Africa (where it is used in rituals related to the Bwiti religion for rites of passage to adult life).

In 1988 doctors in the Netherlands at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, published confirmatory evidence that Ibogaine attenuated withdrawal symptoms in rats made morphine dependent (Dzolic, M.R. 1993).

"Ibogaine was used as a rite of passage in Africa," says Lee Hearn, a member of the FDA research team in Miami. "Now it may be used to re-programme an addict's life. Anecdotal reports indicate that while on ibogaine, he or she is detached from childhood recollection, but coming to grips with it, perhaps for the first time. All neuroses are potentially solvable this way. Drug addiction is an illness of the spirit. If you're going to cure it, you need to do so at that level."

First person accounts from those who have taken the 'ibogaine journey' describe it in even more florid terms: "Now we can resurrect our spirits, reexperience heaven and remember why we came in the first place: to bring our individual facet of heaven here to earth," says one. Another maintains, somewhat mystifyingly, that "I have been held by the Goddess and turning back is not an option."

- Howard Lotsof, NDA International, PO Box 100506, 46 Oxford Place, Staten Island, NY 10310-0506, USA (tel 718 442 2754; fax 201 487 2117).
- MAPS, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, 1801 Tippah Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28205, USA (tel 704 358 9830; fax 704 358 1650).

A website devoted to ibogaine can be found at http://www.ibogaine.Desk.nl. Try also http://www.ibeginagain.com. A UK-based source of further information is at http://www.ibogaine.co.uk. They produce a booklet which costs £2 and can be reached by e-mail at info@ibogaine.co.uk.

http://ftp.newciv.org/GIB/BOV/BV-224.HTML

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ausar, is this important to know (not to mention the length of the text) since Ahmed is NOT a drug addict?

I agree with the above mentioned things like drinking lots of water, get exercise, try to stay busy and no thought of cigarettes. Eat chewing gum instead. Try to avoid smoking people for a while (I know its difficult in Egypt! ) until you are more stable. And maybe you find a friend etc. who wants to join you.

Congrats also from my side and its great you decided giving up smoking! Hurray!!!!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahmed2004:
Congrats brother...abviously you will feel anxious and you will have a bit of a temper ...but just take a deep breath and count to ten.Now you just have to take one jump at a time !

I tried soooo many times before but...I keep falling back once the pressure builds up!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well done Ahmed.
Great minds must think alike cos i stopped smoking last week too
I am cheating because i am taking Zyban so i am not going "cold turkey".
I have given up a few times before and ended up smoking again as i thought just 1 won't hurt
If you are seriously addicted to cigarettes then just having one is a slippery slope back to smoking 20/40 a day.
If you still want to smoke empty an ashtray into an empty, washed coffee jar, add a small bit of water, put the lid on and every time you want a cigarette then just open the jar and smell it!!!! You will think twice before rushing out to buy a packet of 20. Another trick that sometimes helps is to take in 3 very deep breaths and hold for a second before letting out slowly (just like smoking a cigarette that wont stay lit), when the oxygen "hits" your lungs it eases the craving a bit. Good luck

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is thought that nicotine can be more addictive than heroin. It took me a week to get hooked on nictoine and 25 years to break the habit. But AHmed it is worth it and as you have a birthday in two days, you will see a lot more of them if you give up smoking .

I smoked between 40 and 60 cigarettes each day. It was costing me a fortune. Every day I put the money I would have spent in a tin and rattled it. Money that would have gone up in smoke. When there was too much money to fit in the tin I opened a special bank account. Over the next ten years it grew and grew.

Like you I was in physical pain when I first stopped and I suffered from murderous intent towards my family - two of whom smoked. I spent two days in bed with the covers over my head trying to avoid the world.

Hang in there - I still do not smoke so i do not smell like an old ashtray. When I meet you I expect you to smell like a rose and with all that money you have saved you can buy me a cup of coffee.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi every one
iam wondering how long time i need to forget all about the cigarretes?
because iam suffering now specialy after drinking the coffee!!after the heavy meals,!!
please give me your good openians!!!
thanks for every body

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a week at least for the cravings to ease but if you are used to smoking after/with coffee and meals then you will suffer the most at those times.
Don't give up ahmed.
by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

[This message has been edited by chelle67 (edited 15 September 2004).]

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just noticed that in your corner of the world is already September 16!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AHMED!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheProfessional
Member # 5354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheProfessional     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahmed, try sports too, try jogging 30 mins a day every other day, you will get home very tired, shower and sleep right away...this is VERY useful

------------------
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 21 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
thank you chelle and thanks alot my sweat kharah mia,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes its my birth day i have recieved alot of calls today,
thanks to every body!!
ahmed

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you ayisha so much,its very sweat
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday from me too. Thinking of you. I shall buy a cake from the Twinky shop and put a candle on the top.

Each time you do something new that you associate with smoking it will be hard - but you will get used to it. AFter meals, after ***, after writing a letter, while reading a book, etc. Hang in there. It is worth it and your lungs will thank you.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
OH LUXORLOVER MY SWEAT LOVE,,,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU SO MUCH,,,,,AS YOU KNOW YOU ARE THE ONLY LOVE OF MY LIFE,[BUT WE HAVE ONLY ONE EXCEPTION ITS KHARAH MIA,SHE IS ALSO THE DEEP LOVE OF MY LIFE]!!
WHAT CAN I DO?I JUST HAVE A BIG HEART READY TO LOVE ALOT????[DONOT FORGET IAM EGYPTIAN GUY!!!
LUXOR I';; BE IN LUXOR THIS WEEK,SO WRITE ME IN THIS EMAIL ADRESS MAY BE WE CAN SEE EACH OTHER IF THE GOD WELL!!!
ahmedsamara85@hotmail.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com