EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Flights to Egypt from UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flights to Egypt from UK
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those people in the uk who visit Egypt independently - not the package tours.
How do you go about booking flights, do you use the internet, travel agents, bucket shops etc?
I am quite new to the internet and still feel a bit unsure as to booking stuff over the net - I have used ebay and Tesco!!! and that's about it.
I have looked at Expedia web site for flights - has any one used them?
We like travelling with Egyptair or BA not keen on Airoflop!
Ideas appreciated for the novice!

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a look at Cheapflights.co.uk they have some good deals with charter flights. Other than that have a chat with the London branch of Soliman Travel they have some excellent deals with the scheduled airlines

Soliman TRavel 0207 244 6855

Cheapflights.co.uk

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a treasure again LL!
Will try thanks.

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also try www.altravel.com for charter flights

and for Egyptair bookings St Georges travel on 02 085632900

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Penny
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best deal I got last time for a long-term ticket rather than a short one on a charter flight was through Soliman Travel with Lufthansa into Cairo.

Soliman also deal with Air Egypt who fly directly into Luxor. Chat with them, they are very helpful. They have a branch in Cairo and a web site.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I book my flights through the internet, flying from manchester with Thomson or gatwick this year with panarama I think!
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try www.flightline.co.uk i have booked with them few times and they do direct to luxor

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gem35
Member # 2820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gem35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think British Airways do the cheapest direct flight (just under 5 hours). They just fly from heathrow though.
Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for your suggestions
Gem35 - we like flying from Heathrow!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com