EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How to stop a men from falling in love?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to stop a men from falling in love?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is that you men that capture your hearts and you become so weak in front of a woman?
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big bank balance and no brain???
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

You tickle me Samia, it seems from a lot of postings here you can stop instantly 'a lot of men' falling in love with you when your money runs out. Thank goodness my BRITISH man prefers simply a genuine nature, a good personality and good degree of intelligence and self-respect.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 09 January 2005).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 09 January 2005).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Falling in Love...The Magic

Looking for that Brainwave Called Love?

What parts of our brain make us feel that love "high?" In an attempt to find out, Professor Semir Zeki and his team at University College London recruited 17 young men and women who had fallen in love in the previous six to 12 months. Each had their brain scanned to measure changes in blood flow as they looked at a photo of their loved one. Then they were asked to look at photos of three of their friends, who were the same sex as their loved one.

The Four Hot Spots

Anterior Cingulate - This section of the human brain shows the Anterior Cingulate Cortex activated. This part of the brain is known to be involved in responding to synthetic drugs that induce feelings of euphoria. It is associated with happy states, attention to one's own emotional state, and especially social interactions which involve assessing one's own emotions as well as the emotions of others.

Medial Insula - This section shows the Medial Insula activated from a section of the brain viewed from the top. This area of the brain is related to a variety of emotional functions. The appearance of lesions can indicate severe emotional consequences, among them are those related to the interpretation of visual input.

Putamen and Caudate Nucleus - This is a rear view of the brain. It shows three of the love hotspots activated: the Putamen, the Caudate Nucleus, and the Medial Insula. The Putamen and the Caudate Nucleus both lie deep within the brain and are two of the most commonly activated areas with regard to both positive and negative emotions.

"What we have found really is extremely exciting because we have discovered that this overwhelming state of love—which mobilizes your whole life—is actually controlled by four small areas of the brain," says Professor Zeki.

"So just think about that for a moment, for the first time in human history a force which has shaped human history, which has shaped our culture, our poems, our music, and has led to great achievements like the Taj Mahal, or to wars, is actually controlled by these four small areas, which is an extremely exciting finding in itself."

Of equal significance, Professor Zeki found out which areas of the brain are inactive when subjects looked at their lovers' photos. They were the posterior cingulate gyrus, which is linked to feelings of sadness, and the right prefrontal cortex, which is often overactive in people suffering from depression.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:

Everything starts in the brain first.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
you can stop instantly 'a lot of men' falling in love with you when your money runs out.

Professor Robert Friar, of Ferris State University in Michigan, explains:

"Falling in love involves Phenylethylamine or PEA, which causes a person to be less likley to be aware of the faults of the other person.

"Phenylethylamine gives us that euphoric high. That feel good. Everything is wonderful. This person can do no wrong. We've often times seen people who fall in love with somebody and ask 'are you blind?' Well, yes they really are blind. And almost no one can tell them at that stage of the game because Phenylethylamine is pouring out in large quantities.

"And of course we can't sustain that level of Phenylethylamine for a long period of time, so it begins to drop after a couple years. As it slowly drops off it gets to the point at about four or five years that it actually becomes ineffective after that."

When we meet someone to whom we are sexually attracted, our bodies respond by releasing neurochemicals that can leave us sputtering, incoherent and breathless.

Our body is a huge cocktail, a mix of chemicals that speed up our heart rate, give us sweaty palms, make our cheeks flush and turn us into lovesick fools.

The chemicals responsible for love are all originally released in the brain and have an effect throughout the whole body. The base spirit is the PEA, and as it is more commonly known, the 'love chemical.' Its effect on our mood is similar to that caused by amphetamines.

------
When money runs out (if he is truly in love ) he would not even notice. He would probably think that money doesn't matter at that point.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:

Not if someone starts rubbing your parts first.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Not if someone starts rubbing your parts first.

How would your parts react if there is no brain?

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of men here have their brain in their parts!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A lot of men here have their brain in their parts!!!

Oh my gosh do you have that right. Left nad Beavis, right nad Butthead. Someone told me that once and now when I am being hassled it comes to my mind and I bust out laughing.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:

You means some DO have brains....nahhh I think maybe it must be their sight. First they either see a young, attractive woman with a figure to die for or they see a females bank balance and credit card. Think I shall wear a Burqa (think thats how you spell it) and burn my bank statements seems so much safer.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 10 January 2005).]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharon the research is all very interesting, but how is it going to stop men falling in love....do they need another chemical? and why do you want them to stop falling in love?

Interesting that that the phenylnathing drops off after 5 years...can we just get some more in sythetic form?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Sharon the research is all very interesting, but how is it going to stop men falling in love....do they need another chemical? and why do you want them to stop falling in love?

Interesting that that the phenylnathing drops off after 5 years...can we just get some more in sythetic form?

Hi Penny,

The PEA chemical usually starts dropping after about a year,that is when someones irritating little habits,like leaving the loo seat up,toothpaste tube squeezed half way up, you know the things you never noticed when you were head over,start to annoy.

Has anyone read the books Men are from Mars Women fron Venus.Also Why Women cant Read Maps. They are a really good insight into men and womens behaviour.

Why do you want to know how to stop a man falling in love with you?

Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ge Ge:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Penny:
[b]Sharon the research is all very interesting, but how is it going to stop men falling in love....do they need another chemical? and why do you want them to stop falling in love?

Hi Penny,

The PEA chemical usually starts dropping after about a year,that is when someones irritating little habits,like leaving the loo seat up,toothpaste tube squeezed half way up, you know the things you never noticed when you were head over,start to annoy.

Has anyone read the books Men are from Mars Women fron Venus.Also Why Women cant Read Maps. They are a really good insight into men and womens behaviour.

Why do you want to know how to stop a man falling in love with you? [/B][/QUOTE]

I can read just about any map just fine.

My husband wants me to read the map to him and draw the map with my index finger across the windshield to explain where the hell we are going.

No maps don't read maps, thats why sharper image sells a talking GPS electronics gizmo. My guess is men still get lost with talking GPS.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
How to stop an Egyptian man falling in love??
Keep your legs and purse closed!!

Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How to stop an Egyptian man falling in love??
Keep your legs and purse closed!!

LOL @ Samia

There are many nice ones too.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:

Penny,

Falling in Love (cont)

Many people crave chocolate when they have disappointments in their love life and it may be no coincidence that chocolate contains stimulant chemicals that are similar to PEA.

PEA is mixed together with differing amounts of other chemicals called dopamine, norapinephrine, and serotonin to give us that huge 'love buzz.'

Unfortunately, we can't just take a pill whenever we want a love buzz. It would just get digested in our stomachs and have no effect. It all happens in the brain and science has not figured out how to make these chemicals flow by any other means. It only happens when we are with someone with whom we are madly in love.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Sharon Stone,

This PEA stuff really troubles me. I don't think science should be allowed to mess with the affairs of the heart. And I don't think that scienc will ever be able to explain away the psyche.

I also believe that love is spiritual. Cosmic forces play into who you love.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:

I don't think you can stop men falling in love. Actually this is valid for a women too. There may be some differences in the area of brain that is responsible for women falling in love.

Helen Fisher, Professor of Anthropology at Rutgers University, says:

"I think that you can fall in love with somebody in much less than 8 minutes of conversation but 8 minutes will do. I think we are an animal that was built for love at first sight. Within the animal community, it's my guess that this brain circuitry for attraction, it can be very spontaneous and we've inherited that and indeed you see evidence of this.
------
"How to stop a men from falling in love" was just a title. I was curious to know what makes people fell in love, is it beyond our will or it is in fact something we chose. The research points out, it's biological process - something that is obviously beyond our will.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Sharon Stone, This PEA stuff really troubles me. I don't think science should be allowed to mess with the affairs of the heart. And I don't think that scienc will ever be able to explain away the psyche.

I also believe that love is spiritual. Cosmic forces play into who you love.

That's a very interesting point. I also think that love has some spirituality in it. For instance, if you have ever felt some kind of "soul connection". You have a feeling that you know a person. Maybe in our childhood we memorized people who were good and nice to us, so we associate that "feeling" with a "traits" that we instantly like or dislike based on memories from childhood.

In regards of PEA, I am convinced that is the fact because when there is strong "chemistry" between two people, often we feel "addicted", as if someone is your "drug" - you know what I mean? Also, when falling in love, people often experience "yearning" and actual physical pain in absence of 'that' person, extreme desire for touch and kiss etc. That's all physical, with a lots of mixure of many different emotions. It must be biological as well.

Please don't mix actual love and 'falling in love'.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
I think maybe it must be their sight. First they either see a young, attractive woman with a figure to die for or they see a females bank balance and credit card.

I am not an expert. I just found this reserach and I thought it's interesting.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com